Home defense against large crowds - Page 17 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Military Weapons Forum AR15, AK47, SKS, H&K, Galil, CETME, FN/FAL, Tanks, Ships, Jets, Helicopters....

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Home Defense against large squirrels....(this is a spoof) Cool Hand Jokes, Humor & Music 18 12-12-2013 12:11 PM
.30 Tokarev for Home Defense/Self Defense? John Vorberger IV Pistol and Revolver Forum 28 03-07-2013 10:00 AM
Under home bunker/saferoom build thread. Large budget. Rob Burgundy Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) Survival 80 09-23-2012 02:00 PM
Ammo for a 12 gauge for a large animal defense dealfinder500 Shotgun Forum 22 05-29-2011 03:06 PM
How large of a fire break around my home do I need? DoubleJ Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 20 05-13-2011 01:46 PM
Police Investigate Large Hazardous Materials Shipment To Home Newsfeed General Discussion 2 07-26-2010 02:28 PM
Home defense? CCSir Firearms General Discussion 35 05-10-2010 01:49 PM
Home defense Chadesq Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 19 03-13-2010 01:48 AM
Home defense gw1731 Urban Survival 44 08-10-2009 06:32 PM
where do you keep your home defense gun? Idaho Firearms General Discussion 36 04-29-2008 10:18 PM

Old 09-01-2010, 05:38 PM

Advertise Here

I like the Moat idea... it also provides a place to save rainwater, grow fish and the bridge thing would be realllllllly cool.

What about a potato cannon? It could be filled with various pieces of hardware along with the potato right?
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Rayh059 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2010, 06:21 PM

I have enough beltfeds to cover all sides of the house, plus the m16 with 100 rnd beta mags, MP5's with 100 rnd beta mags, and all the other toys. A 100 rnd drum out of a tommy is good for about 8 sec's of close range but after that your gonna wish you had a belt gun.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:34 PM
In a pile of brass

Thanked 1,649 Times in 863 Posts

I honestly think if you just hide and let them get within say 20-50 yards, then pop up with a few people with AR's with beta mags or Semi auto shotguns with Buch shot.... Well that would spell the end for the front half of the group...

Hoenstly, i think as soon as the first 'row' of the mob dropped, and the 5.56 started slamming into the next 'rows', they would all run.
Old 09-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,235 Times in 737 Posts

Look up Holman Projector, was used in WW2 to launch grenades from small ships/boats. Originally steam powered they were converted to compressed air and had a reasonable range and were surprisingly accurate. For launching a standard weight missile they can project a bottle sized object over 300 yards using a sabot to maintain pressure in the launch tube.

What you have in the bottle would of course be your business. For instant mob dispersal may I recommend lime, used up until the introduction of explosive grenades. Easily prepared by burning shells or limestone/chalk. A fine powder that will blind, choke and burn, spreads easily and produces a surprising amount of heat, sufficient to boil water, when in contact with water. A suitable container and a tannerite load for dispersal, would be very nasty. Having a water barrel nearby would just be cruel... try to wash your eyes out and ..well certain parts of your body were never designed to be boiled...
The Following User Says Thank You to Gavbar For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenxkillz View Post
I honestly think if you just hide and let them get within say 20-50 yards, then pop up with a few people with AR's with beta mags or Semi auto shotguns with Buch shot.... Well that would spell the end for the front half of the group...

Hoenstly, i think as soon as the first 'row' of the mob dropped, and the 5.56 started slamming into the next 'rows', they would all run.
Not me, if you "LET" them get 20 yrds CLOSE and there are 2 waves of them, one behind the one you just mowed down.......from 20 yrds away they can advance on top of you before you can do a mag change, then you are the easy target and you just resupplied them. If they get 20 yrds from me its because its the chinese and they came in waves of thousands.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:52 PM
In a pile of brass

Thanked 1,649 Times in 863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beltfedmg View Post
Not me, if you "LET" them get 20 yrds CLOSE and there are 2 waves of them, one behind the one you just mowed down.......from 20 yrds away they can advance on top of you before you can do a mag change, then you are the easy target and you just resupplied them. If they get 20 yrds from me its because its the chinese and they came in waves of thousands.
The whole point was surprise.

If they think its a house already sacked, they will probably still have weapons slung across their backs.

If you open up at 100 or 200 yards, your chances of missing are alot higher than if you opened up at 50.

If its the damn chinese, just build i 3 foot wall they cant jump over
Old 09-01-2010, 09:00 PM

HA, 3ft wall, thats funny