What are your top realistic requests of President Trump? - Page 8 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 02-18-2020, 02:19 AM
Survivor

Thanked 32,777 Times in 7,929 Posts

Advertise Here

I agree with many of the replies in this thread. But some are what I believe are more idealistic rather than realistic.

Yes we should solve the illegal alien issue. But a wall isn't going to fix it. Rather it will take a lot harder response along the borders. I often think we have all those military folks stationed in other countries protect those places (and yes I can see they are protecting us also to a point by being there) but I'd rather see a DMZ thing on our borders. That would solve a lot of the problem. Digging out the illegals here already would be be harsh and maybe expensive, but it's a better choice for tax dollars than we what are using it on currently.

Lower taxes and doing a better job handling entitlement programs awards. I KNOW many people abuse those system and that needs to stop. Now I know some of those are based on state policies, but the feds should have a hard line on those programs. If the state wants to be more progressive, fine but I shouldn't pay for their excess if I live in a state that isn't that progressive.

It goes without saying, I'm against almost every firearm restrictive law. I want easy access to firearms, ammo, suppressors, and even FA weapons. No extra tax, fee or anything. I will grant that at least the FA stuff may end up in the wrong hands but when I first became a cop, I used to hear a lot of druggies shooting full auto off in the distance and we were outgunned. If a few folks closer to them had "legal" access to those, we may have been better off. Some nice people may have died but I'd bet the dirt bag numbers would have gone down faster. (Armed society is, in may ways, a rather polite one).

If we could get things like that done, we'd naturally curtail the activity of certain fed agencies like the BATFE and such. For the most part, they'd mainly handle whatever paperwork functions that were still in effect. 99.9% would be unarmed and push paper. I guess they do have some great explosive teams that do a good job on that stuff, but the agency is well too big. Few other fed agencies I wouldn't mind see being reduced in size. The best fed agency I ever worked with was the feds that were doing security for the Dali Lama. Nice guys- easy to work with. I liked those guys- I seem to remember they were some State Dept but I forget what their name/three letter name was. The USSS were *******s to deal with. I understand they had a job to do but they kind of had a crap attitude towards us and I never handled getting crapped on. Just me. Dude be polite and you may get more.

Term limits is a great concept. A POTUS has 8 years. A Rep has two years so should serve up to four terms and then go away. A Senator has six, so I don't know what their limit should be, but I'd suggest one term then they can run again later- maybe 12 years later or something. And no elected member of Congress can amass millions while in office as we see many do. Plus we give them too many benefits. Their retirement is ridiculous and they have a better health insurance plan than we got from the AHCA that they gave us as they passed it "before they could read it".

I'm sure there are a few other things like education and such I can rant about that need to be fixed, but I'm kind of tired so I'll end here.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 11:00 AM
This space for rent

Thanked 2,980 Times in 944 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold iron View Post
The 1st Amendment does not give you the right to lie! Doing so in a courtroom will get you free room and board. How can you not see?
Actually outside a courthouse and a statement under oath ..it does.
its up to the people to catch the lies.
Advertising and politics would never be the same.
You should see some of the smear campaigns from the nineteeth century newspapers
Truly hilarious.
And a Lie also can be a difference in a point of view based on information from different perspectives. Who determines those perspectives?
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Andy1966 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 03:44 PM

I would ask him to build a wall on the US northern border.
The Following User Says Thank You to queenmandy85 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 04:12 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thanked 14,934 Times in 4,315 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenmandy85 View Post
I would ask him to build a wall on the US northern border.
that's a good idea too, then we would not have as many Canadians in Florida in the winter time and our roads won't be as clogged up with Traffic.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:16 PM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 5,167 Times in 1,837 Posts

*Keep your promise to uphold the Constitution.

*Keep your promise to build the wall that WE don't pay for or that the funds aren't taken out of the military's budget. Mexico was supposed to pay for it.

*Keep your promise that you would be fiscally conservative. Signing the Omnibus bill, bloated budgets and continuing the record spending is not GOOD BUSINESS.

*Keep your promise that the assault on the 2nd Amendment is really over. Legislating by EO, supporting red flag laws and a failure to take up the hearing protection act and national reciprocity is a failure!!! Stop the appointment of anti-gun people to head the ATF.

*Keep your promise to drain the swamp, interfering with trials, pardoning and granting clemency to convicted felons to throw it in the other sides face isn't draining anything.

Push for your stated goal to enact term limits. That would be a huge drain on the swamp.

*And for God Sake, you are the most powerful person in the world, start acting Presidential once in a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 04:23 PM
Militant Normal

Thanked 20,967 Times in 7,044 Posts

It seems to have gone unnoticed, but the first layer of the Wall is now Mexico, and they ARE paying for it. No more "caravans" from central america for months now. All getting broken up in southern Mexico.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Old Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 05:49 PM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 31,587 Times in 11,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Coach View Post
It seems to have gone unnoticed, but the first layer of the Wall is now Mexico, and they ARE paying for it. No more "caravans" from central america for months now. All getting broken up in southern Mexico.
She's not going to like that!

The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 05:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 19,586 Times in 8,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
She's not going to like that!

Good. Hope she strokes out over it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post: