Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 09-12-2019, 03:16 PM
The Lieutenant

Thanked 1,907 Times in 792 Posts
Default Mini guitar case for folding stock rifle

Advertise Here

Got my granddaughter guitar lessons. Bought her a 3/4 size acoustic guitar for a smaller neck to wrap her hand around. Bought a padded bag to go with. Still a little too big so I got her a 1/2 size that came with a "case". Crappy not fitting nylon bag.
Upshot is I bought her a nice padded 1/2 size bag and took the non padded one for me. My folding stock SKS fits in well without magazine, so does my AR with stock collapsed (barely). Now I'm going searching for an inexpensive 3/4 size hard case for the other guitar. Then I'll have another, bigger non rifle shaped rifle bag! Let nothing go to waste!
Basically a smaller version of the "Desperado" guitar case carrier. Only these come with backpack straps along with normal carry handles. Might look into filling out the shape with foam.
Only tune you can play with them is Bon Jovi "shot through the heart"
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to boomerweps For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2019, 10:18 AM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 33,889 Times in 9,537 Posts

Great idea!
I'll bet there are lots of commonly carried bags and stuff sacks you could adapt to hiding guns.
Like sports equipment bags, tennis racket, folding chairs, fishing rods, or golf club bags (if you just got have them all).
The Following User Says Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2019, 11:12 AM
Old Noob

Thanked 9,643 Times in 3,957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerweps View Post
Got my granddaughter guitar lessons. Bought her a 3/4 size acoustic guitar for a smaller neck to wrap her hand around. Bought a padded bag to go with. Still a little too big so I got her a 1/2 size that came with a "case". Crappy not fitting nylon bag.
Upshot is I bought her a nice padded 1/2 size bag and took the non padded one for me. My folding stock SKS fits in well without magazine, so does my AR with stock collapsed (barely). Now I'm going searching for an inexpensive 3/4 size hard case for the other guitar. Then I'll have another, bigger non rifle shaped rifle bag! Let nothing go to waste!
Basically a smaller version of the "Desperado" guitar case carrier. Only these come with backpack straps along with normal carry handles. Might look into filling out the shape with foam.
Only tune you can play with them is Bon Jovi "shot through the heart"

Not true. Here are a few more tunes.

Hit Me With Your Best Shot
I Shot the Sheriff
Shotgun
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Machine Gun
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlgoRhythms For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2019, 11:31 AM
Survivor

Thanked 13,473 Times in 3,650 Posts

If you go to Guitar Center they have a line of cases that almost look like they were made for rifles. Thereís a pocket over the body that is good for magazines, a pocket over the head thatís the perfect size for ear protectors and backpack straps
Old 09-13-2019, 12:21 PM
Old Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revmgt View Post
If you go to Guitar Center they have a line of cases that almost look like they were made for rifles. Thereís a pocket over the body that is good for magazines, a pocket over the head thatís the perfect size for ear protectors and backpack straps

Isn't it the point that the case look like a guitar case and not look like it was made for rifles?
Old 09-13-2019, 01:22 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgoRhythms View Post
Isn't it the point that the case look like a guitar case and not look like it was made for rifles?
I should have said that differently.

http://roadrunnercases.com/kegpbk07-roadster-electric-guitar-gig-bag/

It is a guitar case and it looks like a guitar case but the way itís configured it works very well as a rifle case.
The front pockets are perfect for magazines and the top pocket was made for headphones to plug into your amp for practice and thatís perfect for ear protectors.
The Following User Says Thank You to Revmgt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2019, 02:47 PM
Survivor

Thanked 15,683 Times in 8,298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revmgt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgoRhythms View Post
I should have said that differently.

http://roadrunnercases.com/kegpbk07-...uitar-gig-bag/

It is a guitar case and it looks like a guitar case but the way it’s configured it works very well as a rifle case.
The front pockets are perfect for magazines and the top pocket was made for headphones to plug into your amp for practice and that’s perfect for ear protectors.
Is that the actual rifle one?

Because they seem a very expensive way to buy what is basically a guitar case.

Strangely the only link works when I quote you.

And no. Just a guitar case.

I have been jumping on wish or geek and have ordered one of these.

I will let you know how I get on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190914_055034_1568404322724.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	291698  
The Following User Says Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2019, 03:02 PM
VIP Member

I am skeptical of the value here. I can understand not wanting a rifle case to look like a rifle case. But their are basically 2 reasons. 1 is to prevent theft and the other is to prevent “ scaring “ or alerting people that you have a rifle.

The guitar case works “ ok “ for 2 but maybe not as well as other options.

As far as theft prevention , disguising a rifle as another valuable easy to sell object is not likely effective. Think about it a guitar is a better target for thieves in many ways since stealing one isn’t a federal crime and the serial numbers aren’t nearly as likely to even be recorded by the owner. Also the guitar ( and the case ) are potentially MORE valuable to the thief. He can likely sell the guitar on Craig’s list for what a non stolen guitar would fetch with little chance of getting caught.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:37 PM
Old Noob

I once had to travel through NYC with a firearm and spend the night there.
That's against NYC law. The firearm was in a aluminum flight case. My nosy neighbor caught me in the elevator and asked me what was in the case. I told him fly rods as I was on my way to Alaska. He paused, slightly dubiously, and then nodded.

In fact it was a Marlin 45/70. Had he known what was inside I'm sure he would have called the police.

The ruse was barley plausible. I remember wishing at the time I had a guitar case for the Marlin. Marlin, Martin, close enough... No questions as the answer would have been self evident.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlgoRhythms For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2019, 03:52 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuteandfuzzybunnies View Post
I am skeptical of the value here. I can understand not wanting a rifle case to look like a rifle case. But their are basically 2 reasons. 1 is to prevent theft and the other is to prevent ď scaring ď or alerting people that you have a rifle.

The guitar case works ď ok ď for 2 but maybe not as well as other options.

As far as theft prevention , disguising a rifle as another valuable easy to sell object is not likely effective. Think about it a guitar is a better target for thieves in many ways since stealing one isnít a federal crime and the serial numbers arenít nearly as likely to even be recorded by the owner. Also the guitar ( and the case ) are potentially MORE valuable to the thief. He can likely sell the guitar on Craigís list for what a non stolen guitar would fetch with little chance of getting caught.
When I first moved I lived in an apartment before we bought the house. I started using my guitar case because I didnít want to broadcast the fact that I owned guns to the entire complex.
I actually own guitars so I tried one of the bags and it worked great
The Following User Says Thank You to Revmgt For This Useful Post: