Survivalist Forum banner

New Kizlyar Supreme Corsair

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Fatbastard 
#1 ·
Thanks to someone on here mentioning this brand in a thread about a new folder they procured I went on over to Amazon to check them out. Reviews were good and price was decent so I was going to get one. Then you all know what happens. A new knife is always on the list of things to get and either the price is a little more than you like or other priorities soak up the cash before you can get to it. It was in and out of my cart a few times in the last few months. Then, a few days ago I got that notification that we all love, something the robots know you wanted just got cheap enough to tempt you too far. $42.43 delivered it to my door today.

I have to say that the quality is very good. The scales and hardware fit nicely, the holes are drilled and beveled perfectly in both the wood and the steel, the edges are all aligned and smooth. It's not Mora sharp, but its sharp. The sheath is nice as well. Mostly well finished, supple with good retention and the extra loop gives options that I appreciate.
I don't know why, but it's longer and thinner than I expected. Not a complaint at all though. It feels good in my big hands and I was actually worried when I ordered that the blade would be on the short side... not so.
You can see for yourself in the pics the little things that make it less than perfect( the grind at the tip, crooked "I", the slight mis-alignment of the loop on the sheath) but I am more than happy with the purchase, especially for the price.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.