This ChinaMart Won't Sell To An Open Carry Patron - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 09-10-2019, 12:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,057 Times in 1,766 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
How?

I get paid for my signature.
Well, when they catch you shoplifting they give you a choice; either sign this document agreeing to never step into one of our stores again or else we will call the police and have you arrested and charged.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Don H For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 01:23 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 22,684 Times in 8,468 Posts

I try and not go to WallMutt. Most of there Great Value stuff is dog dirt.
The Following User Says Thank You to charliemeyer007 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 04:56 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Thanked 53,362 Times in 18,528 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgoRhythms View Post
Walmart has the right to set policy for their stores.
You have the right to not shop in places that have policies you don't agree with.

That's how things are supposed to work. It has nothing to do with what either ME or YOU want someone else to do.

Do you prefer the alternative that there be a law that prevents Walmart from setting policy for their private properties?

Walmart has every right to set policy in their stores. And I have every right to boycott Walmart. That's the nice thing about having rights at all. Too bad that they're being eroded a little bit at a time. And it's also too bad that more and more businesses are jumping on the anti-gun bandwagon. And it's also too bad that the American public is falling in place like good boys and girls.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgoRhythms View Post
Walmart has the right to set policy for their stores.
You have the right to not shop in places that have policies you don't agree with.

That's how things are supposed to work. It has nothing to do with what either ME or YOU want someone else to do.

Do you prefer the alternative that there be a law that prevents Walmart from setting policy for their private properties?
And yet stores don't have the right to refuse to bake a cake for someone who is LGBQTXYZ. Sounds kinda hypocritical doesn't it?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to phil74501 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 06:22 PM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 64,045 Times in 19,708 Posts

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/46...uns-into-store

this article paints a more tolerant approach
The Following User Says Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 06:25 PM
Survivor

Thanked 57,792 Times in 18,786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don H View Post
Well, when they catch you shoplifting they give you a choice; either sign this document agreeing to never step into one of our stores again or else we will call the police and have you arrested and charged.
That is being compensated (sign and no charges)

The thread is about someone (granted an idiot) doing something entirely legal and the supposition that Wall Mart will "make" them sign with no leverage.

Again: how?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 09:51 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil74501 View Post
And yet stores don't have the right to refuse to bake a cake for someone who is LGBQTXYZ. Sounds kinda hypocritical doesn't it?
Fantastic point! Unfortunately, it'll go right over the heads of the Libs.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:03 PM
Beware of the dog!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless Drudge View Post
Many police fall into the line of thinking that they are the only ones qualified to be armed.
And yet, many do not. As "many" others on this and other forums will ask you to show the statistics supporting this statement. Many times the blanket statement of "many" is used far too many times to bash the intended group. That being said, without legitimate statistics to support these many claims perhaps the word "some" might be a better choice.

My point? Myself and my partners and my department as a whole, prior to my retirement, were supportive of ones right to carry and ones right to own and bear arms. If called in such a situation we handled it calmly and with the utmost respect, then offered a hand shake and wished them a good day. If by chance the store was the one calling we would respectfully explain to the customer that the store did not have the same mindset as most people in the free world and would make mention of other stores that were more open minded. The customer usually would take the hint and take their business elsewhere. Occasionally for fun those of us with more knowledge on various firearms would bring the conversation around to the make and model of the firearm and compliment them on their weapon and maybe even the holster. Becoming friends with the citizen is a great way to pss off the moron that called 911.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to INresponse For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 11:21 PM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by INresponse View Post
And yet, many do not. As "many" others on this and other forums will ask you to show the statistics supporting this statement. Many times the blanket statement of "many" is used far too many times to bash the intended group. That being said, without legitimate statistics to support these many claims perhaps the word "some" might be a better choice.

My point? Myself and my partners and my department as a whole, prior to my retirement, were supportive of ones right to carry and ones right to own and bear arms. If called in such a situation we handled it calmly and with the utmost respect, then offered a hand shake and wished them a good day. If by chance the store was the one calling we would respectfully explain to the customer that the store did not have the same mindset as most people in the free world and would make mention of other stores that were more open minded. The customer usually would take the hint and take their business elsewhere. Occasionally for fun those of us with more knowledge on various firearms would bring the conversation around to the make and model of the firearm and compliment them on their weapon and maybe even the holster. Becoming friends with the citizen is a great way to pss off the moron that called 911.
Thanks. My brother and brother-in-law were cops and would fall into your category and share your mindset. Unfortunately, it does seem that modern cops, in general, seem to be moving towards that "power trip" mentality. Maybe it's a false perception on my part but there does seem to be a shift. But I may be basing my conclusion on the fact that mainstream media in conjunction with social media only show the negative side of law enforcement and ignore the "good guys" in blue.
Old 09-11-2019, 03:58 AM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 8,186 Times in 3,167 Posts
Cool

Why does everyone think you have god given right to do whatever you want when it comes to open carry
Walmart has the right to ban open carry in their stores. If you donít like it....donít shop there.
I have carried in Walmart many times....but concealed.
Pretty sure the guy in the video knew about the Walmart policy but decided to see if he could get away with open carry.
Boycott Walmart...?
Do you really think a handful of diehard open carry enthusiasts are gonna hurt Walmartís bank account?
Go shop somewhere else. That is your right
Pay more money for your purchases. Thatís your right too
The list is getting smaller of retail businesses that will allow open carry in their stores.
Sit home and order online. Wait for the delivery guy to bring your milk and eggs
Honestly....no one will miss you. For every one of you that boycott a store...a 1000 shoppers will replace you.
How many Walmart threads do we need?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 04:17 AM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 8,186 Times in 3,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
At least one Social Justice Walmart Manager has fallen into the pool of leftist sewage -- where gun control is concerned. A decent citizen and patron of the store (who was minding his own business and innocently shopping for goods) was banished from his local ChinaMart for practicing his God-given right to carry an important tool.

Just one more good reason to stay out of Walmart.
My first wife was once a Walmart store manager. Like employees from everywhere...you follow company policy or you find yourself in the unemployment office
Store manager is a very good paying job.
Social Justice Store Manager? I believe they were doing their job. Should the store manager risk their job so that idiot can try to make a social statement?
I donít think so.....
God given right to carry an important tool? Rights are not inclusive
You donít have the right to carry everywhere you want.
I canít carry when I enter my numerous customers locations. Many of which do not allow firearms at all on their property. Should I defy those policies and risk losing the contract with that company and losing my job for something you call a god given right?
You have been posting about how hard it has been for you to get a job. But you want to sit here and expect a Walmart store manager to risk losing their job by looking the other way when a customer is violating store policy
Just so some dumb ass can exercise some bull ****.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 04:53 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,683 Times in 8,298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
I mentioned this on another thread and people got mad at me -> YOUR RIGHTS ARE FADING.

The open carry jackass running around in body armor right after the 2 shootings really put the coffin nail (as I expected) to ANY carry in a Walmart. I believe that was his end goal.

Right now there are too many shooting, too often, civilians are wringing their hands and screaming SOMEONE DO SOMETHING TO MAKE IT STOP! ANYTHING! And companies/feds are responding by punishing all gun carriers. Good and bad.

I ride with a lot of liberals - and know some on fb. They consensus is "Someone has to do something to make it stop or they will come for me next". They don't care what rights are lost or how this is done, and that is very dangerous.

I confronted one outright and said "You want to ban all guns for civilians". She said no she didn't but SOMEONE HAD TO DO SOMETHING TO MAKE IT STOP. There was no reasoning with her.

These people are running on fear, and I believe the elites are feeding that with a steady diet of shootings.

So expect more of this.
I am pretty sure they are exactly the same rights you always had in this instance. Which is Wallmart can decide who it lets in to its store.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:00 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,683 Times in 8,298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench708 View Post
Why does everyone think you have god given right to do whatever you want when it comes to open carry
Walmart has the right to ban open carry in their stores. If you don’t like it....don’t shop there.
Pretty sure the guy in the video knew about the Walmart policy but decided to see if he could get away with open carry.
Boycott Walmart...?
Do you really think a handful of diehard open carry enthusiasts are gonna hurt Walmart’s bank account?
Pay more money for your purchases. That’s your right too
The list is getting smaller of retail businesses that will allow open carry in their stores.
Sit home and order online. Wait for the delivery guy to bring your milk and eggs
Honestly....no one will miss you. For every one of you that boycott a store...a 1000 shoppers will replace you. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif[/IMG]
How many Walmart threads do we need?[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]
The only thing I am suprised about is that it isn't treated as discrimination.

If I got kicked out because of some sort of religious paraphernalia I am pretty sure they would get in a lot of trouble.

It is interesting you can't take it down that route.

And for example.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...eligious-knife
The Following User Says Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 06:05 AM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Walmart has the right to ban open carry in their stores. If you don’t like it....don’t shop there.
Boycott Walmart...?
Do you really think a handful of diehard open carry enthusiasts are gonna hurt Walmart’s bank account?

Pay more money for your purchases. That’s your right too
Honestly....no one will miss you. For every one of you that boycott a store...a 1000 shoppers will replace you.
How many Walmart threads do we need?
Ummm ... that's sorta what we've been saying. They can do whatever they want including getting out of the gun industry altogether. They have every right to jump on the anti-gun bandwagon. They have every right to ban gun carriers for life. They have every right to villainize their pro-gun customers.

And pro-gunners have every right to shop elsewhere. Clearly ... the dude they banned for life will have to shop somewhere else.

As for boycotts? Ask Nike and Gillette how much money they recently lost in sales. Boycotts may not shut them down but they do hurt the bottom line. Plus -- the money NOT spent at the Commie companies can go towards smaller, ma & pa companies. Double win!

And nobody twisted your arm. If you think there are too many Walmart threads ... stick to the ONE you like the best.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:10 AM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
The only thing I am suprised about is that it isn't treated as discrimination.

If I got kicked out because of some sort of religious paraphernalia I am pretty sure they would get in a lot of trouble.

It is interesting you can't take it down that route.

And for example.

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...eligious-knife
Is this the first time I agreed with you?
Old 09-11-2019, 06:16 AM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

Quote:
My first wife was once a Walmart store manager. Like employees from everywhere...you follow company policy or you find yourself in the unemployment office
Social Justice Store Manager? I believe they were doing their job. Should the store manager risk their job so that idiot can try to make a social statement?
I don’t think so.....
You don’t have the right to carry everywhere you want.
I can’t carry when I enter my numerous customers locations. Many of which do not allow firearms at all on their property. Should I defy those policies and risk losing the contract with that company and losing my job for something you call a god given right?
You have been posting about how hard it has been for you to get a job. But you want to sit here and expect a Walmart store manager to risk losing their job by looking the other way when a customer is violating store policy
If you're not able to see the bigger picture and the direction ALL companies are going then I guess there's not much can say or do for you. If you're happy getting corralled and pushed into corporate "safe zones" then continue to wear your "obedient" cap and pretend that your "rights" are completely safe. I, for one, will continue to carry anywhere I believe my safety may be at risk. And these days ... that's just about everywhere.

If I was a Walmart manager, I would likely approach the customer and let him know the new policy and ask that he either leave and conceal his gun or not wear it at all. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't ban him for life and call an army of cops to surround him.

I carry concealed in every one of my customer's locations and they don't have a clue!
Old 09-11-2019, 07:30 AM
Longing For True Liberty

Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 

High Impact Flix is going to test Walmart. He's fiercely pro-gun and open carries in Oklahoma all the time. Here's how it went:

Old 09-11-2019, 08:05 AM
Survivor

Thanked 22,711 Times in 7,845 Posts

They do bag searches at work. The police force are tough men who can handle anything but touching a wrapped, unused, tampon. That gets them utterly freaked.

I'm a woman, I'm going to need it.

To my knowledge they have never found contraband on one of these searches. But we endure them because it's a federal building. They have a big sign on the gate "Kiss your fourth amendment rights goodbye" (the gist of it).

If I brought my stun gun we would likely be terminated on the spot and charges filed.
Old 09-11-2019, 08:29 AM
Outside the box

Thanked 2,092 Times in 765 Posts

Quote:
I donít think so.....
You donít have the right to carry everywhere you want.
I canít carry when I enter my numerous customers locations. Many of which do not allow firearms at all on their property. Should I defy those policies and risk losing the contract with that company and losing my job for something you call a god given right?
What a crock of CRAP!
Wm policy was to be non-confrontational (in other words NOT doing what this GM did, she in fact violated policy and will likely be fired for those actions in Lexington Ky.) The police made it a point no laws were broken only WM policy (yet 7 showed up OC no less - oh the irony there)

NO one was "losing a cushy job" for NOT over-reacting to a legal in Ky act, protected by the state Constitution no less....... there is NO mention of the OC being asked to leave or cover or remove the weapon.........stupid act from a GM that wanted to USE the new policy to make a political point (not her job) This could have (and should have) been handled MUCH better, the GM messed up and I'll be surprised if jobs are not lost, the OC was treated like a criminal when he was 100% legal and doing nothing but shopping with a sidearm (not a long gun which WAS why they requested no OC)

This is a joke and your above quoted opinions do not change that.

More "Koolaid"- none for me btw
Old 09-11-2019, 08:57 AM
Beware of the dog!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Thanks. My brother and brother-in-law were cops and would fall into your category and share your mindset. Unfortunately, it does seem that modern cops, in general, seem to be moving towards that "power trip" mentality. Maybe it's a false perception on my part but there does seem to be a shift. But I may be basing my conclusion on the fact that mainstream media in conjunction with social media only show the negative side of law enforcement and ignore the "good guys" in blue.
I can appreciate that.
The Following User Says Thank You to INresponse For This Useful Post: