Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Judas, Saint or Sinner? Smudge Religious Discussion 67 09-13-2013 08:03 PM
Can anyone actually confirm Judas went to hell??? mefunkymxw Religious Discussion 104 07-31-2013 08:05 AM
The Demise of Judas... Karnus Religious Discussion 42 09-02-2012 06:52 AM
Does anyone else suspect they have a "Judas"? mountainmansurvival General Discussion 78 01-10-2012 07:08 AM
Could Judas actually be in heaven? Shadow Religious Discussion 23 08-31-2009 03:28 AM
The antichrist will be judas reincarnated 300mag Religious Discussion 26 02-07-2009 04:36 PM

Old 04-27-2011, 02:11 AM

Default New Judas song...WTF?????

Advertise Here

First watch the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAWpk...mbedded#at=121

Unfortunately I heard this song on Easter Sunday on the radio. EASTER SUNDAY of all days!!!!! I completely forgot about this song until a friend reminded me of it. I understand this song can be symoblism for being trapped by evil and all that blah blah blah. I have read the symbolism ideas online and I guess Lady Gaga said it represents her uncle. Okay great. I dont care what this song represents metaphorically. The point is it is so misleading and drags peoples mind into a completely different mindset. The Dixie chicks band completely fell apart because they stated an opinion about the war and George Bush. Ok fine. Dont insult your country. But Lady Gaga is more and more popular by the minute (just by me posting this is making her popular) from songs like this! Its not okay to dis your president and country policies but it is okay to sing against God????? I see a huge problem with this! Why are radio stations not banning this? Why are christians listening to a station that plays this song! I am going to go through the radio tommorow and complain to every station in my area that is playing this song!
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 03:00 AM
Bravo Zulu

Thanked 12,164 Times in 5,768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light21 View Post
Why are radio stations not banning this?
Ever heard of the First Amendment?

Quote:
Why are christians listening to a station that plays this song!
Probably because they like it.

Quote:
I am going to go through the radio tommorow and complain to every station in my area that is playing this song!
Or you could try something novel...Turn the radio off and respect the right of others to listen to what they enjoy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SamboRoberts For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 03:02 AM
Don't tread on me.

Location: I work hard not to be found, and now Im just listing it to everyone?
Thanked 1,486 Times in 557 Posts

Its a stupid crap song. But Im sure she appreciates you promoting it on this forum
The Following User Says Thank You to bobanderson For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011, 04:43 AM
Thanks

Thanked 7,427 Times in 2,947 Posts

I haven't heard it (don't intend to hear it), but I did read an article right before she let it go 'live' and I thought "Ahhh..perfect for the Easter season."
*rolls eyes*
She's an attention whore, try not to feed it.

(PS) You can always pray for her. Seriously. Our Creator loves her and wants her to be happy also.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MotherEarth For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 04:53 AM
Trapper

98% of those who enjoy GaGa have no idea what her music is about. I wouldn't worry about it. Its just another sign of the times partner.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hanklet0 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 06:21 AM
Anarchist/Animist Primate

Thanked 10,610 Times in 3,735 Posts

Quote:

First watch the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAWpk...mbedded#at=121

Unfortunately I heard this song on Easter Sunday on the radio. EASTER SUNDAY of all days!!!!! I completely forgot about this song until a friend reminded me of it. I understand this song can be symoblism for being trapped by evil and all that blah blah blah. I have read the symbolism ideas online and I guess Lady Gaga said it represents her uncle. Okay great. I dont care what this song represents metaphorically. The point is it is so misleading and drags peoples mind into a completely different mindset. The Dixie chicks band completely fell apart because they stated an opinion about the war and George Bush. Ok fine. Dont insult your country. But Lady Gaga is more and more popular by the minute (just by me posting this is making her popular) from songs like this! Its not okay to dis your president and country policies but it is okay to sing against God????? I see a huge problem with this! Why are radio stations not banning this? Why are christians listening to a station that plays this song! I am going to go through the radio tommorow and complain to every station in my area that is playing this song!
The Dixie Chicks did just fine after the whole Bush criticism, and in fact that's one of the reasons I started listening to them. If you're interested, watch the documentary "Shut Up and Sing." I was very impressed with their stand and how they handled the whole thing.

I'm not a Lady Gaga fan, but I don't hate her either. I have dial-up so wasn't able to watch the video, but I checked out the lyrics, and they're kind of boring. Maybe the music makes a difference. Anyway, she clearly has a negative image of Judas.

I think she could benefit from reading about the Gospel of Judas. I had the same image of Judas as "the ultimate betrayer," but after reading that Jesus actually asked Judas to betray him (as part of the plan), it really changed my impressions of him.

Oh, and I agree that if you don't like listening to her music, change the station or turn off the radio.

Censorship is wrong and anti-American.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Horned One For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Deplorable On Steroids

Thanked 63,469 Times in 21,268 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

What would we Christians do if there weren't a few Jezebels around to oppose? Her songs and the symbols she uses give her nature and agenda away. To me ... she's less of a threat than those who hide behind their church garb and alters pretending to be something that they aren't. Outwardly appearing to be sheep but inwardly, ravening wolves.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Renaissance Survivalist

Thanked 3,475 Times in 1,266 Posts

This is a better song regarding the purpose of Judas:
Petra-Judas' Kiss
(when Greg X Voltz was lead)

While this song is probably the best regarding Christ (at least IHMO):
Michael Card - Come to the Table

In Christ,

-Tom