Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$80 for any 1 Combat Pistol Course from Guardian Angel PMC located in Dallas, TX ($30 GearHog GearHog 0 07-18-2012 02:00 AM
The Angel of the LORD Standox Religious Discussion 48 03-22-2012 07:43 PM
$60.00 for any 1 day Dynamic Carbine Course (7+hrs training) from Guardian Angel PMC GearHog GearHog 0 12-21-2011 02:00 AM
Angel Food Ministries noob General Discussion 13 08-14-2011 05:48 PM
Zion NP: Angel's Landing Ziggenation Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 11 05-10-2011 07:00 PM
Angel Flight Skyking Religious Discussion 1 07-06-2010 11:36 PM
Camouflage Angel OLDWarrior64 General Discussion 3 07-24-2009 11:22 AM

Old 11-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,132 Times in 2,150 Posts
Default Guardian Angel?

Advertise Here

Where did the idea of guardian angels come in? Do we each have a guardian angel? If so, do we also have, well, the opposite of that? I keep thinking about the angel and devil on each shoulder......
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to neovenus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,442 Times in 2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neovenus View Post
Where did the idea of guardian angels come in? Do we each have a guardian angel? If so, do we also have, well, the opposite of that? I keep thinking about the angel and devil on each shoulder......
I believe it comes from this verse:

Mt 18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.

However this verse needs to be looked at in the light of Heb.1:13-14

13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Now do I believe God protects us in time of need? Yes, I have had it happen to me a couple of times, and DH once. Was it an angel? I don't know for neither of us 'saw' any thing just that we were both protected from harm.

ETA: do we each have an evil spirit assigned to us. I don't believe I've ever read any Scripture to show that. If some of you have/know of said Scriptures... please post. Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to armourbearer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2010, 07:10 PM
Survivor

well, i have prayed for GOD to send angels to protect, and I believe He has. but guardian angel sounds like a specific angel assigned to each specific person. you know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2010, 07:14 PM
Survivor

Quote:
well, i have prayed for GOD to send angels to protect, and I believe He has. but guardian angel sounds like a specific angel assigned to each specific person. you know?
Yes it does and I don't think we each have a guardian angel. I could be wrong of course.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to armourbearer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,360 Times in 658 Posts

it seems Crowley was the first to popularize the notion of a guardian angel. many of his followers believe it was a joke poking fun at christians.
The Following User Says Thank You to Taisdealach For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 07:26 AM
J the painter

Thanked 10,820 Times in 4,886 Posts

well i can offer some from the otherside, Most of it is traditional stuff we just believe, most of it takes kabalah to unravel, so here we go first we believe that when king David said who can give me back those months of yore, its taught that David was referring to his guardian angel when while in the womb we believe your are taught the entire Torah inside an out with your specific role in life included!(yore an womb are like the same word) this is like the Father who teaches his son to walk, first the Fathere takes him by the hand an leads him around showing him he can walk, they have a great time all smiles an fun, then the Father lets go of the child an he panics wonders why the father left him out to dry but only then does he walk an can run into the Fathers arms, The sages have said this is what David yearned for.
It would be unjust for God to judge us for something we cant an never did
but we all know Torah an can do it perfectly just like it says "its not far from you but its in you so that you may do it"

Yakov an Esav, we clearly see there guardian angels ready for war, after Yakov kicked Esav angels butt next to the river when he returned for some small things he had left, Yakov sent his Malachim messengers ahead of him to meet Esav an Esav had 400 men with him, this malachim was none other than the Arch angel Michael who is Israels personal guardian angel an satan is Esav angel , nations have angels, people have angels an even the universe has angels controling everything from wind to water to the sun an moon

The Talmud says when you die the first thing you will see is 3 angels, your guardian angel who says to you where is your Torah? the second who collects your good deeds an the third who is your accuser
The Following User Says Thank You to Standox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 07:42 AM
J the painter

Thanked 10,820 Times in 4,886 Posts

oh yea one more thing the sages have said that if a person is senitive enough they will see that you will NEVER have a sensation of learning but it will be a sensation of recollection, of remembering this is cause your angel has taught you everything you need to know already an you need only to remember
The Following User Says Thank You to Standox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Potential Roux-Ga-Roux

Thanked 1,274 Times in 732 Posts

I believe Psalms 91 and also I Peter 5:8.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lark For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Iēsous

Thanked 6,433 Times in 3,268 Posts

Quote:
Paul.....they came for him in prision and saw him and yet when they came to get him in the am .....No paul as he had escaped.

Scripture mentions it was his angel the guards saw.....
The Following User Says Thank You to 300mag For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Iēsous

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourbearer View Post
Yes it does and I don't think we each have a guardian angel. I could be wrong of course.
Just a thought but like i mentioned remember Pauls angel?
Old 11-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Plays best, alone

Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,493 Posts

As well as Job 1:9,10 and Psalm 34:7
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Palma For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300mag View Post
Paul.....they came for him in prision and saw him and yet when they came to get him in the am .....No paul as he had escaped.

Scripture mentions it was his angel the guards saw.....
can you give me the verses? I vaguely remember reading that but I can't remember where.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Iēsous

Quote:
can you give me the verses? I vaguely remember reading that but I can't remember where.

Acts 12:15
“You’re out of your mind,” they told her. When she kept insisting that it was so, they said, “It must be his angel.”
Acts 12:14-16 (in Context) Acts 12 (Whole Chapter)
Old 11-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Survivor

Quote:

Acts 12:15
“You’re out of your mind,” they told her. When she kept insisting that it was so, they said, “It must be his angel.”
Acts 12:14-16 (in Context) Acts 12 (Whole Chapter)
thank you!

but those verses are talking about Peter and not Paul. and they heard Peter's voice, so it sounded like they thought it was his spirit. my bible adds (they must have killed him) at the end of that verse. but even with that part taken out, it still seems like they are thinking it is his spirit.

would you or anybody else mind explaining this a little further for me?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Iēsous

Quote:
thank you!

but those verses are talking about Peter and not Paul. and they heard Peter's voice, so it sounded like they thought it was his spirit. my bible adds (they must have killed him) at the end of that verse. but even with that part taken out, it still seems like they are thinking it is his spirit.

would you or anybody else mind explaining this a little further for me?
Sorry i got the 2 mixed up Spirit and angel are different.

Did you read the whole story?
Old 11-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Sorry i got the 2 mixed up Spirit and angel are different.

Did you read the whole story?
don't worry about that! I get things mixed up all the time. lol

You're right, but it seems weird to me that an angel would sound like Peter.

I have read the story before, but I forgot, I could remember it was in Acts, but I kept lookng for Paul's "angel" lol.
Old 11-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Just a thought but like i mentioned remember Pauls angel?
Acts 12:15 And they said unto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was even so. Then said they, It is his angel.

Their remark comes from their Jewish tradition about guardian angels which is based on Matt. 8:10.

My problem with that is there are not other verses that specifically mention 'guardian angels.'

Yes, there are several verses that say God's angels will protect us. Psa. 91 is a good one.

Ps 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

So it's no big deal as to yes or no. God watches over us and his angels will protect us. That's what is important.
The Following User Says Thank You to armourbearer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2010, 11:16 AM
Christian Survivalist

Thanked 1,510 Times in 880 Posts

I can tell you that I have absolutely been protected at times. There are many times I have been prompted to act in a certain way, and the results spoke for themselves. Just as we have friends in this world, I certainly believe with all of my might that we also have 'friends' on the other side of the veil, who in their spiritual form, help us and provide insight under the organization and direction of Jesus Christ. In fact, when we die, I believe we will also help others in this life. Living a life in tune with those that can help us is the key to gaining their knowledge and experience as well as warnings.

As far as the other side, I suppose if we surround ourselves with negative thoughts and actions, its only natural that those elements would present and tempt people away into captivity.

I have a friend who is an alcoholic. One day I visited him. When I returned home I had the strangest temptation to find a bottle of booze and have a drink! This was the only time that had happened before.

Just My Personal Opinion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SurviveIt For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,216 Posts

I believe that in the wheel of light we are but a small piece of the pie so to speak. The amount of life that exists is practically infinite. Having a guardian angel becomes almost necessary at that point. Not that I am aware of one specifically myself but I'm sure I have one somewhere.
You are a true man of words surviveit. wow
The Following User Says Thank You to hedley For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 05:13 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,746 Posts

Cant find a scriptural basis for personal guardian angels per se. However as part of my journey to becoming a believer was to look into demonology because I " knew" there was more going on. Anyway I read a book by a leading demonologist ( apparently ) which held the line " first you must renounce your guardian angel".
My reasoninng was ( and this cross connected other stuff going on in my life) was if we had one it was appointed by God, God is / was always portrayed as Good, sod that I want to be on the winning side.
Because as the book says in the end Jesus wins and thats all I needed to know, that and how to get on the winning side.
Jesus is Lord and coming again soon, make sure you are right with him before the final trump.

Peace

P
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paradox For This Useful Post: