Survivalist Forum banner

What are the last things you will enjoy doing before locking down in a pandemic?

4K views 36 replies 35 participants last post by  The Burbanite 
#1 ·
Some of these things I will miss if this gets big enough and we decide to lock down (until it panders out). Right now I'm savoring a spicy thigh sandwich from Church's Chicken. Took my kid to the leisure pool last Thursday. Going to a movie this Sunday. If this Ebola thing gets worse and things get crazy I wanna enjoy the finer things in life right now with the fam..

What about you?

#35 ·
Saying goodbye to my cats? (which I won't enjoy but will cry over)

I hope I never have to abandon them. Certainly they serve a purpose in a bug out or bug in. But cats are bad for carrying human infecting disease, mostly because of their great similarity to our central nervous system and our brain...

(this is one reason I keep my current pair who are brothers indoors only so they should be as safe as me from disease)

I love cats. I really do, because there have been times in my life where my only friend in the world had pointed ears, a tail, and purred.

But I love my family more.

#37 ·
I'll miss the little income I get from subbing at the local schools.

As you may know, public schools are like virus incubation centers, and here in our Swedish schools we have a lot of African immigrants, they get visits from their home country quite frequently, and when the first case strikes within vicinity then I'm not coming to work anymore.

I have stockpiled food with long expiration dates the last few days, never had so much food ever, as a side effect of this...I'm not even hungry and eat very little. But I do chug a few beers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.