Survivalist Forum banner

Vaccines could protect from coronavirus

3K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Pabstman 
#1 ·
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ery-non-covid-vaccines-may-help-idUSKCN2532S7.

This is not confirmed but some vaccines like for pneumonia, hepatitis, flu can help fight coronavirus infection though not specifically for civic 19.

Data suggest safety, benefit of non-COVID vaccines

Two new studies found that people who had received vaccines for other viruses developed fewer or less serious coronavirus infections, though more research is needed to determine their potential effectiveness against COVID-19. According to a study published in Cell Reports Medicine on Wednesday, people who received the BCG tuberculosis vaccine in the last 3 years did not developed more severe coronavirus infections. "Results of the prospective BCG trials currently ongoing are needed before definitive conclusions can be drawn," said coauthor Mihai Netea of Radboud University Medical Center. A separate study from the Mayo Clinic, posted online ahead of peer review, found that people who received other vaccines in the past 5 years - such as against flu, pneumonia, or hepatitis - had lower coronavirus infection rates. Netea said the Mayo Clinic report suggests the "beneficial effects of vaccines may be broader than currently known" and that his team had seen similar data on flu vaccines. (bit.ly/3fDzwPu; bit.ly/2DDlQXD) unquote

See less See more
#2 ·
No matter where you are on vaccines, please, everyone, study the history of vaccine development from as many resources as possible.

It takes 5 years to know if one is worthy even in a minor way using well established clinical methodologies.

I would not be rushing to shoot anything into my body for the sake of this minor disease

#3 ·
To all, this thread is not for debating if you or anyone should be for or against the development, or availability of a vaccine. It is also not about if you or anyone should or should not take any vaccine. Please stay on topic.

For those wishing to express their opinions on vaccines we have two threads you can post in

the AGAINST vaccine thread can be found here https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=916480

It is for anyone wishing to discuss being against vaccines, not for people who are pro vaccine.

the FOR or PRO vaccine thread can be found here https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...d.php?t=916478

It is for anyone wishing to discuss being for vaccines, not people who are against them

#4 ·
As mentioned in the article and as I remember early on reading about some health professionals believing the old TB vaccine helpful at preventing a COVID infection. Nurses in Australia reportedly had been receiving the TB vaccination for that purpose. A study was on going with it.
The TB vaccination is fascinating in how it might help with other conditions such as diabetes type 1 and 2, along with MS. I forget her name now, but a well known researcher has been conducting and publishing studies on that with the TB shot. The Lee Iacocca foundation was helping to fund the research work if I remember correctly.

Along these lines saw this article the other day.

"Striking’ evidence emerges that TB vaccine may be effective against Covid-19 — countries that use it have TEN TIMES fewer cases"

https://www.rt.com/news/485206-tb-vaccine-covid-19/

#6 ·
I never took the flu shot and only had the flu once in 1991. In fact, I never had many upper respiratory infections at all, until I was 55. Then I had a couple runs of pneumonia and was finally diagnosed with COPD. I take the flu and pneumonia vaccines now every year and I had my first shingles vaccine last year. If it's an added layer of protection from the virus, that's all the more reason to keep doing it.

#7 ·
The Russians are ahead of us on this. They have a vaccine that they are distributing.
We should have one soon. the big thing is how the virus mutates and can we develop vaccines as fast as it mutates. The first vaccines may not be as effective as later more sophisticated vaccines but they will help. And remember there is a Darwin selection faction.

#13 ·
Just curious. Do you have a link to info that supports this?

I've seen articles and videos by Italian doctors who claim 99% of the fatalities in Italy were due to per-existing conditions, most of which were a result of the large number of smokers in Italy.

COPD is a large COVID risk factor here in the USA.

Reactions: Jojo
#15 ·
Smokers DO get the virus and it IS a complication.
Nicotine delivered via patch is NOT the same!! It's used now to treat Parkinson's disease and shows some promise in treating Alzheimer's.
If you are NOT a smoker, please don't start, and please don't start slapping patches all over your body. You WILL become addicted just as fast as if you were smoking!!

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.