Survivalist Forum banner

I want to die with my boots on...even if it hurts.

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  HomeDefense 
#1 ·
I know this is an old Taiwanese commercial, but it is based on a true story and the most powerful one I have ever seen. I think it speaks to all of us right where it counts.

I, too, want to die with my boots on...even if it hurts because I don’t want to be stone cold dead while I am still alive.

If I live to be 80, I may not get to do what these guys did, but I can embrace the importance of this story. (Notice the pain of prepping for six months for this epic motorcycle ride; it was worth it.)

#2 ·
A friend of mine after surviving combat in Vietnam and several open chest surgeries years later is still riding a KTM dirtbike off road and he is pushing 80.

#4 ·
I felt exactly the same as you did. Judging from many of the comments on the Youtube page, we are not alone for feeling this way. I think that just about everyone who watched this video was moved to tears, or nearly so. If not, you just might be part cold-blooded reptile!

Speaking for myself, it was an affirmation to my resolve to "keep my boots on," no matter what. I am the sort of person who is liable to haul off and do something crazy of the magnitude seen on "Second Hand Lions." (Remember the old, old guy who built his own airplane and...well, he died with his boots on, living his crazy dream.)

#6 ·
I also noticed that they rode over 707 miles in their 13-day journey. Wow, that truly was an epic ride for them... the stuff of memories. I am sure they relived that trip many times in the years to follow.

#8 ·
OBVIOUSLY ...THEY... were not Beemer riders.:D:

700 a DAY was a warm up for the SERIOUS riding...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Seriously... I get to where I don't work and nothing works, I am going one more time to Alaska and the first grizz I find I am gonna go up and kick him in the nuts and get it on, one last time.:D::D::D:

Reactions: Hammer 1
#7 ·
Thanks for the video; what a kick in the rear, esp. in these days where so many are locked down, locked in their fear.

Several years ago I read of a condition brought on by information overload, I think it was "fear of losing out", immobility brought on by too many choices, and fear of taking the 'wrong' one. It took me years to understand something my father used to say: do something. Even if it's wrong, just do something.

Now I know, if you don't start-something-you'll never go anywhere.

#13 ·
Not sure if you are being funny but twice my wife and I have been at the scene of a motorcycle accident. The second one my wife was literally holding the top of the guys head on so his brain didnt fall out. If my kids ride and I see them not wearing helmet, I dont care how old they are, I will wreck their bike so they cant ride it.

Reactions: GrayFoal2
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.