Survivalist Forum banner

Sturgis Bike Event

12K views 140 replies 55 participants last post by  hoplite59 
#1 ·
Big turnout at Sturgis

I read that 250,000 are expected.

Good opportunity to get out and share the virus around~!

#42 ·
1) I haven't worn a mask since this farce was foisted on us (accept for about 10 minutes to do a random, DOT drug test).
2) I've done ZERO "social distancing" since the start of the Covid nonsense.
3) I deal face-to-face with customers all day and haven't even developed a sniffle.

But I'm not much into fear-mongering either, so ...

#59 ·
My husband is 81 years old with multiple health issues.
One of which is a very rare autoimmune disease.
I’m much younger. My risk is very low. If I caught COVID-19 I would be okay.
I have consulted with our PCP he told me if my husband gets COVID-19 that he would probably die.
I would not be able to live with myself if I made him ill. Could you if you were in my situation.

We are self-isolating. We have so many plans put in place for decades. I’m not going to take the chance of losing the man I’ve been married to for 38 years because I wanted to go to a restaurant, bar, party etc....

Everyone is in a different situation. Your criticism of my life choices or thoughts about this whole nightmare really don’t mean anything. We are survivalists. We will be ready to resume our life’s outside the safe perimeter at some point.

#64 ·
I'm glad you still have the freedom to choose what's best for you. I guess we should all "enjoy" that freedom while we can. We're ALL in big trouble the moment our local, state, and federal tyrants strip us of our liberty.

#81 ·
The most positive segment about Sturgis news is that __ Dakota Rifles are made by Dakota Arms in Sturgis. , SD.

State of the Art manufacturing made in the USA . Luv to have a 7mm. Rem. Mag custom made by those guys.

#96 ·
There does seem to be two different mindsets on masks. There's the "It doesn't affect me personally, I haven't felt sick, so why should I wear a mask" way of thinking and then there's the "It doesn't affect me personally but I want to reduce the chance of this thing spreading to others" mindset.

#99 ·
Back in the day when I was still in the military we did a lot of NBC type training. Even though I was fairly healthy, I'd say wearing full MOPP gear for six hours in the heat and humility of a summer day had a lot of us "literally sucking wind" and we were not in very good shape at the end of it. They didn't slow down the tempo of the training but they should have.

There are people who can't get the air they need while wearing a mask. Maybe there should be a way for them to get a doctor to issue a document to that effect and then they can apply for handicap status. That should make the mask issue similar to the guide dog exception. Lawsuit if they are denied to establishments if denied access due to their disability and needs.

#100 ·
When I was stationed in Germany we did an ARTEP & were in MOPP 4 for pretty much a whole day, in the summer heat hauling around mortar round boxes, firing the mortar, etc. After a couple hours I was breaking my seal all the time to get a few gulps of air. No effing way am I going to try & live like that for the rest of my life. Not to mention breathing in a pro-mask is easier than breathing with one of those crappy valve-less paper masks. That's one of the reasons you see people wearing them with the mask below their noses, so they can breathe. Yet these are the morons that think doing that will save humanity. :rolleyes:

#110 ·
There's still people heading up to the event, and some coming away from it. I think they will be surprised by the numbers that attend. People are sick of being afraid.
A lot of locals leave town during the rally, and some even rent their homes out for a ridiculous $$. Don't think I would, but some do.

#127 ·
You'd think antifa would have learned by now that it's not smart to hit areas like that. But I guess they haven't have not. They need to stick to the safe areas the democrat politicians make for them. I'd guess the cops actually took them away to save their lives...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.