Survivalist Forum banner

Silver Is Trending Down/Up....

3M views 27K replies 690 participants last post by  Gravel Rider 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

I don't know what else to say other than maybe buy some. :eek:::confused:

!! Be aware that the chart above is self updating and not reflecting when this post was dated. !!

At times the chart may not be visible when the site is down.

See less See more
#24,325 · (Edited by Moderator)
What the raid tells me is that the banks are ****ting themselves.

Alasdair Macleod

Gold at $2k+. So why the fuss”

There appears to be no way out for the bullion banks deteriorating $53bn short gold futures positions ($38bn net) on Comex. An earlier attempt between January and March to regain control over paper gold markets has backfired on the bullion banks.
Unallocated gold account holders with LBMA member banks will shortly discover that that market is trading on vapor. According to the Bank for International Settlements, at the end of last year LBMA gold positions, the vast majority being unallocated, totaled $512bn — the London Mythical Bullion Market is a more appropriate description for the surprise to come.
An awful lot of gold bulls are going to be disappointed when their unallocated bullion bank holdings turn to dust in the coming months — perhaps it’s a matter of a few weeks, perhaps only days — and synthetic ETFs will also blow up. The systemic demolition of paper gold and silver markets is a predictable catastrophe in the course of the collapse of fiat money’s purchasing power, for which the evidence is mounting. It is set to drive gold and silver much higher, or more correctly put, fiat currencies much lower.
This is only the initial catalyzing phase in the rapidly approaching death of fiat currencies.

Sections to this article

1. Introduction
2. The rescue attempt has already failed
3. The financial system depends entirely on inflationary fiat
4. Forget currency resets
5. Transition pains on Comex
6. London’s hidden liabilities
7. Conclusion

Conclusion

We appear to be witnessing the early stages of a breakdown in the paper gold markets on Comex and in London, brought forward by central banks committed to accelerating their inflationary policies in an act of macroeconomic desperation to save their government finances and their economies. The method employed is a dead ringer for an earlier experiment in France exactly three hundred years ago when John Law’s Mississippi bubble imploded, destroying his currency, the livre.
If you bind the fate of financial assets to that of your fiat currency, as John Law did, and which is now the policy of the Federal Reserve, when the bubble pops the currency goes pop as well. This outcome is so obvious that the smart money is now getting out of fiat and into physical gold and silver, as witnessed through deliveries on Comex active contract expiries and the disappearance of all physical liquidity in London.
This being the case, a gathering stampede out of paper currencies and derivative contracts into physical bullion has just started. Unless it is somehow stopped, it will destroy paper markets and with them the banks that have benefitted from them over the last forty years. The acceleration in the destruction of fiat money will gather pace in the next few months, and anyone who spouts macroeconomic nonsense instead of acting in the face of these developments will end up with nothing.
<

#24,332 ·
I understand, but it is happening since before I was born. So the pace can be rather slow. My question is for the next few months, lets say by the end of the year. Are you sure about this prediction?
I can't guarantee anything. All I can say is it sure looks like the system is being brought down intentionally, and that it's happening now and it's happening fast. Anyone who won't see it is being willfully blind.

#24,334 ·
So I go out with my friend huckleberry picking this morning and the metals SHTF.

I'm actually not surprised and a correction was due, but this was a push off the cliff.

Mogli, you can try to accept blame but it is not your fault, just poor timing on your part but it will prevail. As Explosive explains it is and has been happening and like Cat said it has been going all of our lives, but the pace is accelerating and the metals should recover it's bull market soon. Don't take any loss as you will likely want to have it because we all know what is in the process of going down.

#24,336 ·
Did you sell? If not you haven’t lost a (silver) dime’s worth.
No, my check hasn’t even arrived yet. :). I expect to see new highs and I’m willing to wait.

So I go out with my friend huckleberry picking this morning and the metals SHTF.

I'm actually not surprised and a correction was due, but this was a push off the cliff.

Mogli, you can try to accept blame but it is not your fault, just poor timing on your part but it will prevail. As Explosive explains it is and has been happening and like Cat said it has been going all of our lives, but the pace is accelerating and the metals should recover it's bull market soon. Don't take any loss as you will likely want to have it because we all know what is in the process of going down.
Well you know I expect economic issues and I still do. I should have known though. It just went up too fast. I’m just going to cost average in a little each month. So glad for that strategy. You remember several years ago some here were buying at that auction that went belly up? I got some screaming great deals there. Often paying at or below spot. So glad I never got trapped in that. Some did. I still have all that silver too.

I’m actually glad for the down turn and hope it lasts awhile. I’d like to stack a little deeper.

#24,338 ·
Still looks healthy to me.

Historical Silver Price
Performance in USD
Period Change ($) Change %

30 Days +5.36 +28.67%

6 Months +6.43 +36.48%

1 Year +7.11 +42.01%

5 Years +8.68 +56.53%

Since 2000 +18.63 +344.27%
What about those buying between October 2010 and April 2010. They are losing money at today's prices.

Silver is a good long term investment but it is not an investment to be counted as a liquidity gain. As shown on cal lose money within a year, a decade or many decades.