Survivalist Forum banner

Silver Is Trending Down/Up....

3M views 27K replies 690 participants last post by  sierra skier 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

I don't know what else to say other than maybe buy some. :eek:::confused:

!! Be aware that the chart above is self updating and not reflecting when this post was dated. !!

At times the chart may not be visible when the site is down.

See less See more
#8 ·
Now that silver has breached the $30 support area I wonder just how far it will fall. With all of the poor news in Europe and the Euro's troubles I can only imagine the dollar will soar for a while as the teeter totter ($ vs Euro) swings again. A soaring dollar will mean reduced prices for PMs and commodities in general until folks realize the dollar is in no better condition than the euro.

#10 ·
I will continue to buy silver at every chance I get until the contagion in Europe hits the US. That is when the Fed will slam the dollar. The problem is that you will only have a few weeks to get out of all commodities and buy the last of your preps.

I think we will be lucky to make it through this Summer. If we make it to November, I will be shocked.

#12 ·
A soaring dollar will mean reduced prices for PMs and commodities in general until folks realize the dollar is in no better condition than the euro.
+1

BUT ;)

I believe there were two factors in the +30 dollar silver run up, the first was panic buying because of the uncertainty, but after things settled down it should have dropped more than it did.

What kept it up I believe was the other side of the coin and that was growth, silver is an industrial metal and traders played the recovery trade to keep silver up, now the realization that there's no global growth should push silver down further and I wouldn't be surprised if it continues to move down even if the dollar drops.

#14 ·

Still lowering to 29.35

Let's see if it goes below 29

The DOW is off 180, this is not making sense....at the moment.

Markets are freaked out over Greece again.

Reactions: Aussie76
#16 ·
Keep in mind that PM prices are "fixed" by under half a dozen big banksters we also accuse of fiddling fiat currency. In London, that occurs on the premises of Rothschilds & Sons. So I wouldn't read terribly much science into it. The real measure isn't fix price, but what physical/street sells for at eBay, APMEX, your local coin dealer, etc.

#17 ·
Keep in mind that PM prices are "fixed" by under half a dozen big banksters we also accuse of fiddling fiat currency. In London, that occurs on the premises of Rothschilds & Sons. So I wouldn't read terribly much science into it. The real measure isn't fix price, but what physical/street sells for at eBay, APMEX, your local coin dealer, etc.

$2.69 over a spot of 29.33 right now.

http://www.gainesvillecoins.com/products/159051/2012-1-oz-silver-american-eagle-coins-999-fine.aspx