Survivalist Forum banner

Massive explosion in Beirut

23K views 196 replies 57 participants last post by  SoJ_51 
#1 ·
Not sure if it had been posted yet or not but apparently a massive set of explosions went off in a port in Beirut. The port is basically gone... building had windows, doors, and balconies blown to pieces miles from the blast.

The initial blast was small.. the 2nd blast sent up a mushroom cloud and a massive pressure wave.

People on the ground reporting windows blown from buildings 10km from the site.

I'll post up more vids as I find them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-53656220

https://youtu.be/aLUQr7gdiLQ

https://youtu.be/93tV6-0Ugwk

#191 ·
While I would love to discuss the current state of hypersonic technologies, this would diverge too far from the topic itself.

I will leave this at, it is very difficult to see objects moving at high speeds, especially over short distances.

Personally if there was any foul play involved it seems likely that it was a fire diversion with some sort of planted explosive device, not a cutting edge or alien hypersonic delivery system or kinetic delivery agent. Really no point in even discussing that tangent since most of those technologies are highly classified and developmental. Since I am forbidden from going off topic by replying to these types of discrediting attacks I will need to say if anyone wants to discuss hypersonic weapons to start a new thread or to PM me to get feedback on that subject. I will refer you back to the institute for defense article I posted a link for in my previous comment regarding visibility of hypersonic systems, and point you to the formula in the said article.

For ease of reference here is a repost of the url
https://www.ida.org/-/media/feature...-signatures-of-hypersonic-reentry/d-4792.ashx

#192 ·
We also know it wasn't a nuke because there would already be thousands dead from the prompt radiation effects from the detonation. Then there's the fallout, which is impossible to hide, and would have resulted in thousands of incapacitated and dead responders who were working the area to rescue survivors... then the thousands, probably tens of thousands of casualties later.

#195 ·
We had a lightning strike about 1 mile from here yesterday evening. I caught the flash outside the window and it was extremely bright. Then a couple seconds later the absolute loudest thunder BOOM I have ever heard and it echoed for many seconds thereafter. It was like a bomb. Surprisingly. the power never flickered but the CATV/INTERNET was FUBAR for 12 hours until this AM.

#197 ·
Wow...

:xeye: Amazing none of those sustained serious injuries..

..and, This one, both reports 'possible Fireworks Also stored there' - and - This clip seems to be somewhat 'new' (?? ..I hadn't seen this one, anyway...) and it Really-well shows the 'wavefront' of the shockwave just Obliterate the faces of those 'frontline' buildings across the Highway.. Looks like this was, perhaps, a 'fixed' / high-res security-cam (as-opposed to one of the 'cellphone vids', earlier seen..)

..Again.. Wow..

PS, Also-astonishing that 'only' "145 dead".. I'd expected hundreds to a K or more, easily.. Edit: actually, reflecting further - I'll bet this number is, indeed, 'way low', since a) nearly Any / Everyone in the within the 'immediate blast radius' Had to have been pretty much vaporized (and, it might be difficult to know (at This point..) 100% of Who-all, exactly, was "there"..)

..and, b) Even those that were known to Be even in the Area of that - Huge - warehouse / docks-area (look at those Ships for 'scale'..) are - where? How many bodies / parts, thereof, could even Be 'recovered'? (I mean, how many ended up In that Crater / the water! I doubt they'll even find Teeth to ID-with, for [x]-number, so.. Truly, we may never 100% know the true "death toll" of this mess...)

..Probably one of the 'Top Ten 'School of Hard Knocks' Lessons of All Time', eh? :taped:

jd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.