Survivalist Forum banner

Houston area meetup

6K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  alwaysprepping27 
#1 ·
Who would be interested in a meet up for members in the Houston area ? Maybe at a restaurant or coffee shop ? Or a gander mountain conference room ?

#2 ·
There have been several attempts to do this in Houston over the years. I wish you better luck than they had. I suspect the `rona will interfere with attendance. If you are considering a Gander Mtn, you will be too far for me...I live at least 45 minutes from the nearest Gander Mtn.

But it's a great idea. I hope it works out.

#3 ·
The Gander on 290 is closed. There is a really good BBQ restaurant in that parking lot "Harris County Smokehouse" very good food but I don't know if they are dine in yet. They do have a party room and sell beer/wine for those not driving.

If this happens I will have to get some takeout for DH.

#5 ·
I already told Bunnies I am NW, near 249, between Beltway and 1960. Something in Ubering distance or I would take a ride.

Don't worry, the cats hide when I have visitors. I would not bring my husband, he is OK at home for periods of time.

#8 ·
With cowgirl in Katy and us in spring maybe cypress ish would be good. But we need to see if anybody else is down and go form there.

My wife and I can pick you up kitty if it’s on the way.

Also what kind of place do we want to meet at ?

Maybe a pizza place ? That’s cheap but we are down for whatever.

#9 ·
I am pretty open minded on food. Happy to be picked up, so far you are closest to me.

#10 ·
We have a number of members in the Houston and greater Houston area (District 14 and 15 as we have them broken out on TexasPreppers).

Note: I'm not trying to steal members or pimp the site, as some have indicated some concern with, but the intent of that site is to help people better coordinate with those close to them and even setup their own mutual assistance groups.

#11 ·
Well, I'm way out in the NW county and my dad passed away about 3 weeks ago and I will still be covered up with estate stuff for the next 2-3 weeks, but after it's all over, I can make it to a coffee shop or whatever.

It's amazing the crap involved in estates. Especially regarding mineral rights. My siblings are handling the house and funds, (the easy part) but being an engineer with petro/land experience they stuck me with the family legal/mineral rights BS. Gawd it's confusing.

#13 ·
Sounds good to me, I had to take him to a hospital with active COVID patients so I want a couple weeks before I hang out around people I like. :rofl: :rofl: Now that he is on seizure medication I may even bring him.

#17 ·
I am basically in the Memorial City area and office in Katy. (Working from home for the moment.) But I am not interested in participating until the COVID gets a bit more in control. When we get back under control, something West side for sure, can travel north some.

#21 ·
Mid September works for us.

#24 ·
Saw the note to visit this thread and felt just ignoring it would be rude.

I'm in serious lockdown. Smoker, genetic BP and cholesterol issues, and family needs. Everyone but me in my family is a heart patient because of genetics. I was good about getting on the meds years ago before I was flat on my back in the ER like the rest of them.

I go to work, and I do all the shopping and outside management for 4 households. If my 86yr old mom or siblings need something like a vehicle inspection or a bank visit then I'm the person. Basically, I'm the only one that goes out into the real world for my family and I really shouldn't be doing it. So everything in life is a disinfection nightmare. Covid would absolute kill any of them if it hit them hard.

I'm busy already for a person who isn't a people person. 2020 isn't the year for expanding my world. As it is I'm trying to make it smaller.

Let's see what 2021 brings, OK?

But the invite was appreciated, Cuteandfuzzybunnies. :)

That storm? I didn't even get a free lawn watering out of it. What gives? :xeye:

Reactions: Sky1950
#28 ·
Saw the note to visit this thread and felt just ignoring it would be rude.

I'm in serious lockdown. Smoker, genetic BP and cholesterol issues, and family needs. Everyone but me in my family is a heart patient because of genetics. I was good about getting on the meds years ago before I was flat on my back in the ER like the rest of them.

I go to work, and I do all the shopping and outside management for 4 households. If my 86yr old mom or siblings need something like a vehicle inspection or a bank visit then I'm the person. Basically, I'm the only one that goes out into the real world for my family and I really shouldn't be doing it. So everything in life is a disinfection nightmare. Covid would absolute kill any of them if it hit them hard.

I'm busy already for a person who isn't a people person. 2020 isn't the year for expanding my world. As it is I'm trying to make it smaller.

Let's see what 2021 brings, OK?

But the invite was appreciated, Cuteandfuzzybunnies.

That storm? I didn't even get a free lawn watering out of it. What gives?
Well thanks for the reply. You’ll be missed. If you want maybe we can FaceTime you if we manage to pull it off.

#25 ·
Ya know, perhaps, to make everyone feel more secure, we should all just bring a lawn chair and meet up in a park under a shady oak tree with a cup of coffee and thermos. I don't need to be closer than 10-20 foot to talk to anyone. And maybe we ought to let the election pass giving more time

#26 ·
Park idea isn't bad. I am flexible as to timing, at least right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.