Survivalist Forum banner

Is Idaho the top state for preppers?

Tags
idaho
9K views 79 replies 39 participants last post by  Steve_In_29 
#1 ·
And what would be the top 3 or 4 states for preppers?

I used to think Texas. But Texas is almost gone. 25% of the state's kids have illegals for parents. (source NPR)

#2 ·
I would think Utah

Mormons were preppers before it became a "thing"

Many people from times gone by were preppers, just what they prepped for was a little different.

My parents were that way (depression era), we always prepped but not for the end of society, more to get thru the next year in case of hard times

#6 ·
I made my choice for top state for prepping for survival just over 50 years ago.
But it is not a place for sissy crybaby special snowflakes.
Thank God for that gift.

#14 ·
#17 ·
I am not real fond of the term "prepper" myself, I suppose I fit that definition but to me and most of the people that I know it is just "life" not "prepping"...

Far more people in Idaho per capita probably fit that definition than anywhere else I have ever been. But I don't think most would classify themselves as preppers, down to earth, old fashioned maybe. To many of us that is just "normal" life and always has been. I had never even heard the term prepper until I joined this site. My adoptive family have given me a hard time for being a "survivalist" for many years which also seemed odd to me as I do not consider myself a survivalist either, I have just always believed in being prepared and living as I was raised to live.

To me this is just normal life and doesn't rate any kind of moniker as it is just the "normal" way to be for most of us. All these monikers used to describe this lifestyle have always seemed odd to me.

But as per your definition, Idaho is a great place to be in a survival scenario... In my opinion...

P.S... As for Mormons, up here in my area in north central Idaho over 70 percent of the population in my town has no religious affiliation at all. I would be more worried about the Mennonites up from Waco trying to take over than I would be the Mormons, up here anyways.

#31 ·
I spent 6 months just north of Minot, North Dakota. Stayed near Williston oil fields from Oct- April. It was exceedingly cold, desolate and barren for a Kentucky boy. The first snow came in late October and the ground remained frozen and snow covered until first week of April. Very windy conditions. North Dakota has an understandably small population. The locals are hardy folk. I was treated with kindness and welcome at every turn. For those who seek to leverage a harsh climate to their prepper advantage, North Dakota makes the list.

#32 ·
I sit in the center of one of the most prepper concentrations on the planet . A location I will not give . As we are seeing a very large migration of people coming to this area as Democrats destroy the U.S. Even though my small group "about 10 " are extremely prepped I have two scouts out today looking in for off states for a secondary fall back position in case of a Chinese troop invasion . The Bidens have already been paid by China to deliver the U.S. to them . He will not likely be able to win the 2020 election but through election fraud may be able to steal it . As a prepper I look at all scenarios .

#33 ·
The fat lady hasn't been singing in Texas yet. The libs might be invading our cities and burbs, but their are plenty of Texans in the country and rural that can and will save our state before it goes down the toilet. And we don't normally show mercy once we have a chore to tend to.

#36 ·
TX is just like every other state where the urban population is growing as the rural shrinks. Eventually it will flip just like CA, where the coastal cities control the politics of the state.

In fact had Hillary won, TX would be blue as we speak. With her amnesty, increased refugee settlement and open borders policies.

Too many Texans cling to the "it's just down in Austin" mantra while ignoring that ALL their cities are blue now.

#35 ·
Yep the area between Boise and Nampa (that used to be open terrain and small towns) has filled in to become just like SoCal. An unbroken mass of crowded together housing tracts and strip malls.

Twin Falls is also importing "refugees" and had the incident of the molestation of a 5yo special needs girl by some of those refugee's children. It wasn't adults but the children of those scum who committed the act. So you don't have to guess about what those refugees teach their children is ok.

#61 ·
Anyplace on or near an interstate will grow.
To an extent but it depends on what's there to seed the growth.

For example Seligman, AZ is on the 40 but isn't going to see much growth.

#37 ·
We drove through Northern Idaho a couple of times during cross country moves (military) and thought it would be a great place to buy some property for a future retirement home.

The more I researched it, the more it became clear it is not an ideal place for a mixed race couple with kids. Especially if the SHTF.

Beautiful area though.

#39 ·
You certainly want to avoid MT then.....

Naw...sorry, I can't say that with a straight face....MT is like Idaho but with a lot less people, more water and less racism.

Its pretty much a preppers paradise as long as you don't need a good paying job.

#40 ·
And the point is....?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.