Deplorable On Steroids

Thanked 58,785 Times in 20,057 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
Oh vey! We weren’t until the last exchange. The last exchange was figurative.

If you want to believe justice on Earth happens by some magical way in which sinners do not figuratively throw the first stone (because we literally do not do that anymore), bless your heart.

If you're going to speak Yiddish -- it's Oy Vey. But as long as you're willing to admit that you don't actually cast stones at anyone then we're on the same page.
Old Today, 01:54 PM
Deplorable On Steroids

Thanked 58,785 Times in 20,057 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off-Grid View Post
He did pay the penalty...but this IS an end time prophecy...not looking good for wilful transgressors, is it? I find Sabbath to very easy...as easy as taking a nap.

What you do is your choice, but I will continue to warn folks about what is coming...

Isa 24:5* For the earth has been defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the Torot,a changedb the law, broken the everlasting covenant.c Footnotes: aTorot - plural of Torah - teaching. b Jer_23:36. cSee also Isa_13:9, Isa_13:11, Isa_26:21, Isa_66:24, Mic_5:15, Zep_1:2-18.*

Isa 24:6* Therefore a curse shall consume the earth, and those who dwell in it be punished. Therefore the inhabitants of the earth shall be burned, and few men shall be left.*

Mat 7:14* “Because the gate is narrow and the way is hard pressed, which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Mat 7:21* “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Master, Master,’ shall enter into the reign of the heavens, but he who is doing the desire of My Father in the heavens.*

Mat 7:22* “Many shall say to Me in that day, ‘Master, Master, have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and done many mighty works in Your Name?’*

Mat 7:23* “And then I shall declare to them, ‘I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness!’c Psa_6:8. Footnote: cSee Mat_7:15, and also Mat_13:41-42.*

And yet we all "willfully" refrain from stoning other "transgressors." And here we are ... back to the "jot and tittle" situation. But there really isn't any sense trying to convince each other. You are focused on the ominous "warning" while I focus on the "good news." We both have to stand before the ultimate Judge and He won't be your or me. I'm seeing things from "the thief's" perspective. For me ... that's really good news.
Old Today, 02:23 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,713 Times in 1,870 Posts

So have you concluded that since there is little risk of being stoned you will continue to willfully break the sabbath?

One writer suggests that The problem with those who like to criticize the Bible miss the point that the Bible is trying to make. They are like people who mispronounce words by putting the emphasis on the wrong syllable. They focus their attention on the wrong things and miss the point all together. IOW justify their own sins by pointing their finger at others.
Quick reply to this message