We have to do something about gun violence!!! - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump Gun Control Meeting patcash Political News and Discussion 527 05-04-2018 03:29 PM
The Violence Policy center-anti gun wootie General Discussion 13 04-29-2018 11:24 PM
Student Walk-Out Against Gun Violence Area Man General Discussion 85 03-22-2018 09:01 AM

Old 11-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Proud American Patriot

Thanked 8,073 Times in 1,645 Posts
Default We have to do something about gun violence!!!

Advertise Here

Now that the liberal cult took control of the House we'll most likely be seeing an upsurge in attacks on the right to be armed. They are already promising to go after "gun violence."

So I like to remind my fellow patriots that the term gun violence is a slogan and a lie. The implied lie in the slogan is that if guns were not available those killed with a gun would not have been killed (or I guess maybe they would be less dead or something).

The truth is, there is no historic correlation between firearm development and murder rate: people have been killing each other since Cain killed Abel. And killing each other in large numbers is nothing new either; in fact even today, the biggest mass murders have all been committed with things other than guns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_truck_attack

So why is so-called gun violence worse than hammer violence or arson violence? Violence is violence and dead is dead. A murder victim is not more dead because he was killed with a gun instead of a knife. Guns are a common weapon because they are very effective, but any realistic look at the real world shows us that other weapons are effective enough. There is just too much real world evidence for this to be denied.

It isn't the relative lethality of the weapon that makes the difference, it's the will to take a life. Where there is a will, a way will be found. Take away the gun, and the killer will just commit the same crime with a different weapon. Both history and the present world prove this without any doubt.

As Sun Tzu said, know your enemy. The slogan gun violence is nothing but another weapon in the anti-gun arsenal, used to give freedom-hating bigots the power to mislead the ignorant, as part of their campaign to disarm the American people. Study their methods to better defend your country from their aggression. Explain these lies to any low-information drone you have access to; that way they are no longer low-information, and might be a little harder for the enemy to lie to.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2018, 11:43 AM

Mao said that power comes from the muzzle of a gun.

Note it was a good guy with a gun that probably ended the killing spree
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SARGE7402 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Proud American Patriot

Thanked 8,073 Times in 1,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE7402 View Post

"Every Communist must grasp the truth: Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Mao Zedong

Today's version of communists grasp this truth with every bit of their fiber. It is the reason for their obsession with civilian disarmament. Everything they do is oriented toward power over the many in the hands of the few. And a disarmed population is an important part of that.

Saturday Night Specials
Cop-killer Bullets (which had never been used to kill a cop)
Plastic Guns
Assault Weapons
The Gun Show Loophole
Gun Violence
etc. ad nauseum

Every one of these (among others) is a slick advertising slogan, and behind every one of them is a propaganda campaign so big, so deceptive, and so ruthless it would embarrass Josef Goebbels. The liberal press is a propaganda machine broadcasting these lies far and wide. These slogans are weapons of war, used in coordination with other weapons to disarm those a committed enemy wants to rule over.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to deprogramming services For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2018, 02:01 PM
Forward, into the fray!

Thanked 9,114 Times in 2,708 Posts

Judges 15:16

Samson said, "With the jawbone of an ass I have killed a thousand men. "
(insert donkey if the bad word filter gives me *'s in that quote.)

Who needs a gun? The determined killer can get by with any old thing.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BabyBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 02:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,860 Times in 6,442 Posts

“ sell your cloak and buy a sword “
Luke 22:36
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to swamppapa For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 03:27 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,385 Times in 5,827 Posts

I don't understand the people on this site that advocate gun control. I get that they don't want to own a gun, but to advocate against anyone else owning one on a survival site is silly. Guns are a survival tool.

If you don't want one, fine, nobody is forcing you to get one. I don't care what other people buy or do in general, so the concept of using the government to restrict things bugs me.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 23,466 Times in 7,359 Posts

Anyone that doesn't want to own a gun....just send me yours, I'll take care of it.

In addition, send me money, I'll spend 100% of it to do my part to buy as many as possible, just to keep them out of your hands, and the hands of criminals.

Should be EXACTLY as effective as any laws the left wants to pass.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 03:45 PM
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!

Thanked 42,135 Times in 9,895 Posts

I think an armed society is polite society. Those aren't my words but I believe them
Old 11-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Limited Tolerance Member

Thanked 10,252 Times in 3,142 Posts

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than all of my guns put together. Barry O's pen & phone have killed more people than all of my guns put together.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:21 PM
Weed 'em and reap

Thanked 122,432 Times in 24,214 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckleberry View Post
Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than all of my guns put together. Barry O's pen & phone have killed more people than all of my guns put together.
Not me. Some of mine have killed dozens, hopefully hundreds or thousands. In our world's darkest hour, they faced Nazis, Fascists, and Japanese rapists. I only hope, that in the unfortunate eventuality of future wars against tyranny, my other guns will have a chance to play catch-up.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Midwest Born

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless Drudge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckleberry View Post
Not me. Some of mine have killed dozens, hopefully hundreds or thousands. In our world's darkest hour, they faced Nazis, Fascists, and Japanese rapists. I only hope, that in the unfortunate eventuality of future wars against tyranny, my other guns will have a chance to play catch-up.
Well said.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toyboy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 09:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,481 Times in 6,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppapa View Post
TENNGRIZZ 3:11

"Sell your SUV and buy a M-4 with all the accessories and 10,000 rds of ammo"
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TENNGRIZZ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2018, 09:52 PM
Dunning-Kruger Survivor

Thanked 20,250 Times in 5,241 Posts

All this wishful thinking from the Commie Left about outlawing guns is just that, wishful thinking.
This isn't Australia (where it was also wishful thinking), and we DO have a Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
The Founder's words, not mine...

Not to mention, how are they going to make that happen? Confiscation?
Yeah, good luck... I'm old enough and red neck enough that I can see that won't go well.
Turn ins? OK, but 'or what?' How many guns do I have? How many can you prove I have?
None? OK then.

Shoot, I've bought a gun a week for a couple months. Bought one not two hours ago, no BS.
It's KS, ain't many giving up their guns. It's bound to get ugly...
Old 11-09-2018, 09:14 AM
Trapper

Thanked 1,678 Times in 635 Posts

The most effective way to do something positive about gun violence is to vote for conservative, constitution respecting and abiding politicians. Our God given and constitutionally enumerated rights, including the right of self defense, includes our right to protect ourselves and loved ones from tyrannical, government intrusion.

Our rights are inherent and can only be forfeited, not given by any governmental decree. The phrase "gun violence" is used by the rights usurpers to guilt and scare the unwise masses into forfeiture of individual rights.

Vote for Godly and wise men and women, be prepared to protect your life and rights and be vigilant about the propaganda used by the wouldbe tyrants to violate your God given rights.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bigg777 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2018, 09:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,161 Times in 4,521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigg777 View Post
The most effective way to do something positive about gun violence is to vote for conservative, constitution respecting and abiding politicians. Our God given and constitutionally enumerated rights, including the right of self defense, includes our right to protect ourselves and loved ones from tyrannical, government intrusion.

Our rights are inherent and can only be forfeited, not given by any governmental decree. The phrase "gun violence" is used by the rights usurpers to guilt and scare the unwise masses into forfeiture of individual rights.

Vote for Godly and wise men and women, be prepared to protect your life and rights and be vigilant about the propaganda used by the wouldbe tyrants to violate your God given rights.
While I agree with most of your thoughts here, the reality is, most of what weve been told in respect to it, is all BS, and an illusion. We are not free, and we really only have the rights, or at least the illusion of those rights, TPTB choose to allow us.

When it suits them, the conservative right, has screwed us just as bad as the liberal left. We need to elect (and I seriously doubt we have and are making choices here either) people who are less worried with whatever their gangs agenda is, and who want to restore what was originally envisioned. We need people in office, who are for "America", and ALL Americans, and will reduce government to what it should be according to the Constitution. And especially control of the money.

I hate to tell you though, at this point, it aint never gonna happen.

If you want to know where the true power lies, look at the background of all the administrations over time, and you will get a good idea. Regardless of what half of the party is in charge at the moment, the same people are always there in the background.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamppapa View Post
I believe the 21st century Bible version translates that as:

"Sell your cloak and buy an AR15"
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wulfmann For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2018, 11:06 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE7402 View Post

The irony to that is gun control under Mao was "relatively" lax. Local militias were still a thing under Mao, you could have a private firearm for hunting, etc... It wasn't until after Mao died and the power vacuum started that the Militias were disbanded, private ownership was 100% banned etc.

China actually has quite a gun culture historically until like I said, after Mao died in the 70s.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brettboat For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2018, 11:55 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,372 Times in 1,068 Posts

Even if they managed to ban guns, they wouldn't stop there:

New York has already tried to ban a yard and garden tool, the machete.

New Jersey has already banned sling shots. Even Dennis the Menace could be trusted with a sling shot.

London has become so anti-knife that people over there cannot even order a set of kitchen knives online and have them delivered to their home. The courts determine if someone's reason to carry a knife is valid or not; and the Mayor said, there is no good reason to carry a knife.

How long before they ban screwdrivers? Hammers? Ball bats? Golf clubs? Hockey sticks? The axe?
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to monkeystyle For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,161 Times in 4,521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeystyle View Post
Even if they managed to ban guns, they wouldn't stop there:

New York has already tried to ban a yard and garden tool, the machete.

New Jersey has already banned sling shots. Even Dennis the Menace could be trusted with a sling shot.

London has become so anti-knife that people over there cannot even order a set of kitchen knives online and have them delivered to their home. The courts determine if someone's reason to carry a knife is valid or not; and the Mayor said, there is no good reason to carry a knife.

How long before they ban screwdrivers? Hammers? Ball bats? Golf clubs? Hockey sticks? The axe?
We all know all of it is BS.

All the drama just keeps everyone distracted and occupied, and chasing tails.

None of this has anything to do with stopping violence or crime. Its all about control. And the easiest to control, are those that believe they have to listen to them, and follow their rules. Even if they violate our Constitutional rights.

The illusion is so blatantly obvious, even if you just give it just a slight glance. Yet here we are, and continue to go, and without much of a whimper.

Depending on who you believe the source was, Lucius Accius, Caligula, or whoever, they had it right. Oderint Dum Metuant.

And it still works just as well today, as it did in their time.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AK103K For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2018, 12:20 PM
If I had a voice I'd sing

Thanked 22,540 Times in 5,595 Posts

The federal government doesn't seem to need to do anything. The activists know this. They are playing the long game, chipping away, and we are not paying attention.

Local and state governments are increasingly passing more and more gun control laws. There's a new bill in PA, to make it illegal to have a loaded firearm of any type in a vehicle, even if you are a CC.

Things are not looking good. How long until your state falls?

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sarco2000 For This Useful Post: