Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Gun Safe for Getting Your Gun (in a panic) JOracle Firearms General Discussion 48 10-24-2017 03:33 AM
drop leg holsters are for losers Elessar Pistol and Revolver Forum 30 03-22-2017 09:40 PM
Drop leg systems, your oppinion? Boy_Sc0ut Firearms General Discussion 43 03-20-2017 06:36 PM
Need advice to buy an airsoft gun Lord Theus General Discussion 2 03-17-2017 01:56 AM

Old 09-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Hunter

Default Not everyone's scared of a Gun

Advertise Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1DclmMbVks

Interesting situation showing how you may need more than a gun if you're unwilling to shoot and possibly kill, 1 to 5 unarmed toughguys.

"Never point a gun at something that you're not willing to kill...." = bull ****, because you'll never know until it actually happens and each situation is different.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KravMagoo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 01:39 PM
Forward, into the fray!

Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,708 Posts

Perhaps you're unsure you could pull the trigger, but not all of us are are so hesitant. The secret here is, not everyone deserves a bullet for bad behaviour, so have a second choice to use on lesser crimes or threats. But steel yourself to the fact that some need to be permanently ended. Don't pull that gun unless you plan, want, need to kill, then do it.

In that video the guy with the gun was entirely inappropriate. Those other guys were having a good old-fashioned sock it out, and he wasn't one of them. Go on by and let them work it out like men have always worked it out. You saw the little old ladies there? They backed out and went away. So should everyone else have done. The guy walking up on the gunman? He didn't belong in that fight either. Just looking to take part in a good fight. Everyone should have gone away and let the brawlers brawl.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BabyBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBlue View Post
Perhaps you're unsure you could pull the trigger, but not all of us are are so hesitant. The secret here is, not everyone deserves a bullet for bad behaviour, so have a second choice to use on lesser crimes or threats. But steel yourself to the fact that some need to be permanently ended. Don't pull that gun unless you plan, want, need to kill, then do it.
Still bull **** because like I said, you don't know about each situation until it happens. Plenty of Cops get the brains blown out b/c they were hesitant, unsure, etc....you think these Cops were unsure that they "could pull the trigger"? How many times have you pulled a gun on someone?

Quote:
In that video the guy with the gun was entirely inappropriate. Those other guys were having a good old-fashioned sock it out, and he wasn't one of them. Go on by and let them work it out like men have always worked it out.
Oh so when you walk in on 1 guy getting the hell beaten out of him by 4 at the same time, you'd think that this was "a gold old-fashioned sock it out"? Where do you come from that this would be normal?

Quote:
You saw the little old ladies there? They backed out and went away. So should everyone else have done.
Isn't that what most little old ladies would have done anyway? Plus, the little old ladies and others there, SAW that the ONE guy was the one who started the fight. The guy with the gun, DIDN'T.

Quote:
The guy walking up on the gunman? He didn't belong in that fight either. Just looking to take part in a good fight. Everyone should have gone away and let the brawlers brawl.
Now this is absurd to think that the Gunman was "looking to take part in a good fight"....again, you think that a 4 on 1 fight, is a good one?
See, this is just you watching the video with near perfect, 20/20 armchair quarterbacking position.

Plus, Many people on here cry about how bystanders don't do anything when they see a group of, ie. "BLACK THUGS" jumping someone....and here's a guy with a gun, walking in on a 4 on 1 beatdown, and did do something about it yet you complain that he shouldn't have.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KravMagoo For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Hunting in Oklahoma

Thanked 3,175 Times in 907 Posts

Don't pull it out unless your ready to use it. Best case scenario is they get ****ed you escalated it by pulling a gun and they beat you harder. Worst case they use it to kill you and you've just armed a criminal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KHos For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Survivor

Thanked 22,522 Times in 6,172 Posts

If I ever pull my weapon I am using it period. But all the justifications for deadly force apply every time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TENNGRIZZ For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 03:54 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 30,182 Times in 9,940 Posts

Yea, he never intended to use it. The guy was walking up on him as he was putting it away. What a moron. He's lucky he didn't get himself killed.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:50 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,008 Times in 633 Posts

The gun DID work to solve the problem and it wasn't an unreasonable thing to do. You might have done it or might not have but it was a legal use of the gun. It often dose serve well as an intimidation tool, but you do need to be willing to fire it if they all four jumped on you. But they didn't, they backed away. Perfect.

However what you also need to do is to be fast to draw, but SLOW to holster. All he had to do was keep facing the threats, keep the gun held close to the body, or hold the bag over it, but keep it ready, and BACK OFF THE X.

Basics win fights. SLOW TO HOLSTER. He disarmed himself at the wrong time.

There are times when people aren't impressed with a gun, but this wasn't one of them. They respected the gun, but when he disarmed himself they took advantage of it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Black Knight For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 06:04 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,940 Times in 2,513 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KravMagoo View Post
Still bull **** because like I said, you don't know about each situation until it happens. Plenty of Cops get the brains blown out b/c they were hesitant, unsure, etc....you think these Cops were unsure that they "could pull the trigger"? How many times have you pulled a gun on someone?

Oh so when you walk in on 1 guy getting the hell beaten out of him by 4 at the same time, you'd think that this was "a gold old-fashioned sock it out"? Where do you come from that this would be normal?

Isn't that what most little old ladies would have done anyway? Plus, the little old ladies and others there, SAW that the ONE guy was the one who started the fight. The guy with the gun, DIDN'T.

Now this is absurd to think that the Gunman was "looking to take part in a good fight"....again, you think that a 4 on 1 fight, is a good one?
See, this is just you watching the video with near perfect, 20/20 armchair quarterbacking position.

Plus, Many people on here cry about how bystanders don't do anything when they see a group of, ie. "BLACK THUGS" jumping someone....and here's a guy with a gun, walking in on a 4 on 1 beatdown, and did do something about it yet you complain that he shouldn't have.
I think if you start a fight by drilling a dude and forgot to do a head count 4on 1 is pretty fair to me, they weren't killing the guy and even if they did his dumb ass would have won a stupid prize,

I also agree dude with gun has no dog in this fight and deserved to get his gun taken and an ass beating at the least
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to богдан For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 06:13 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by богдан View Post
I think if you start a fight by drilling a dude and forgot to do a head count 4on 1 is pretty fair to me, they weren't killing the guy and even if they did his dumb ass would have won a stupid prize,
Yea, this guy deserved the 4 on 1 beat down since he started it. I didn't say that he didn't.

Quote:
I also agree dude with gun has no dog in this fight and deserved to get his gun taken and an ass beating at the least
But don't you also see a lot of people on here crying about how nobody does anything to help out some poor guy getting jumped? And here someone did step up, risking his life.

Remember, this guy didn't see what happened at the beginning. He just walked in on 4 guys beating 1 guy's ass. That 1 guy in the white shirt.....did seem to try to explain to the Gunman why this was happening....and he's probably the 5th person of that group (b/c they worked together after to take the Gunman's bag).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KravMagoo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Hunter

I think this guy with the gun also trained at the Acme Tacticool Gun Academy where they taught him to "not pull out a gun unless they're willing to use it" just like most other people with guns who never shot at anyone for real.

It's easy to say that's what you'll do because you read a lot of forums and shot at a lot of paper. Just like dudes who thinks they're tough and can beat up other dudes (but never really fought)...then it's that time and they find out.

Which goes back to the question as to why some Cops have also gotten shot in similar situations.....were they not willing to shoot?

I guess my point is that, how do you know that you're willing to shoot when you've never done it. And how do you know it'll be the same for the next shooting. Then #3, #4, #5?
Old 09-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Yea, this guy deserved the 4 on 1 beat down since he started it. I didn't say that he didn't.

But don't you also see a lot of people on here crying about how nobody does anything to help out some poor guy getting jumped? And here someone did step up, risking his life.

Remember, this guy didn't see what happened at the beginning. He just walked in on 4 guys beating 1 guy's ass. That 1 guy in the white shirt.....did seem to try to explain to the Gunman why this was happening....and he's probably the 5th person of that group (b/c they worked together after to take the Gunman's bag).
or maybe they all became pals when one idiot pointed a loaded gun at them all.

could be a whatever in progress you point a gun at me for whatever reason I'm workin with the other team on the spot. wether they are good guys or bad you became enemy #1
Old 09-08-2017, 12:43 AM
Hunter

Thanked 4,886 Times in 1,293 Posts

Who's the bearded Man?

Whatever happened distance from disorder?

I might feel an urge to intervene for a millisecond but I'd be very reluctant to go up against four guys. After all, one of them or all four could be champion shooters and deal me 60 rounds of lead before I could say, "my father plays dominoes, better than your father plays dominoes". Or they might just beat me up.

Did our hero have a background clear of innocent people or was he just being a hero and waving (brandishing) his gun around?

If I want to survive and lead a decent life, I need to choose my battles carefully. Now I know that some of you, right now, are saying to yourselves that you couldn't live with yourself if you didn't do something. That's fine, if you want to play the hero but I'm not taking a bullet or a beating for some stranger when I have people depending on me to stay alive and well.

Our hero got way too close, didn't know what he was doing or why he was doing it and was relying on the magic power of his gun to save him from harm.

Sometimes you just have to be a good witness.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craig For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2017, 02:56 AM
5 Will Survive

Thanked 63,208 Times in 10,347 Posts

ASP is one of the most valuable and entertaining presenters on youtube. Really enjoy their stuff.

Regarding the footage; a person needs to decide if they're a survivalist or Charles Bronson.

From a survivalist's perspective, the prudent thing to do was to get clear of the area and go on with your day. The (considerably smaller) guy with the gun didn't read that well at all. it was a scene of classic goonery, and for all those guys, including the one getting gangbanged, it doesn't look like this kind of stupidity was their first rodeo. From the looks of them it appears more it's a regular Friday night.

The fella should have kept his head down, his bag on his shoulder and moved on. Again, from a survivalist perspective.

Also, and I'm just going by personal opinion, but I wouldn't rule out that the slightly built fellow had little dog syndrome.
The Following User Says Thank You to junglecrawler For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Hunter

Quote:
or maybe they all became pals when one idiot pointed a loaded gun at them all.

could be a whatever in progress you point a gun at me for whatever reason I'm workin with the other team on the spot. wether they are good guys or bad you became enemy #1
Then you are somewhere in between illogical to completely crazy.
Old 09-08-2017, 11:23 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Who's the bearded Man?

Our hero got way too close, didn't know what he was doing or why he was doing it and was relying on the magic power of his gun to save him from harm.

Sometimes you just have to be a good witness.
That's a good post. What's also informative is that the video commentator talked about being a "3rd party" to a situation where you didn't know who were the aggressor, yet engaged....and if you aided the aggressor(s), you could be charged as an accessory.
The Following User Says Thank You to KravMagoo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2017, 02:44 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 10,983 Times in 5,386 Posts

I have also noticed some real tough guys change their tune once they realize I am packing a .44 mag revolver. It has happened with police also.

A long time ago I was looking for a friend in the mountains above my house. He was wanted for a possible crime. All the gates were locked on public land so we went after him horse back. The sheriff showed up in a police car and was "taking us to jail." Then he realized we were both open carrying large revolvers. He was hours from back up. He let us go with a warning. It helps to negotiate from a position of strength.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Then you are somewhere in between illogical to completely crazy.
nope, just don't like people pointing guns at me.
The Following User Says Thank You to богдан For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Hunter

Quote:
nope, just don't like people pointing guns at me.
Based on this video, why would this person be pointing his gun at you for if you weren't involved? See how illogical you are?
Old 09-09-2017, 02:03 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Based on this video, why would this person be pointing his gun at you for if you weren't involved? See how illogical you are?
based on what I saw on that video I see a womanand guy in the background and a few others getting flagged by a douch canoe with a gun.

and the 5th guy looked kinda like a bystander telling the guy and another bystander to not get involved

and ifyou noticed or not the guys jumping on the guy with the gun are not the guys who were jumoing the guy who threw the punch totally diff set of guys

basically kid got involved in someone elses fight flagged the wrong dude and his friends jumped in to **** the guy up when the previous group scrammed
Old 09-09-2017, 03:07 PM
Hunter

Quote:
based on what I saw on that video I see a womanand guy in the background and a few others getting flagged by a douch canoe with a gun.

and the 5th guy looked kinda like a bystander telling the guy and another bystander to not get involved

and ifyou noticed or not the guys jumping on the guy with the gun are not the guys who were jumoing the guy who threw the punch totally diff set of guys

basically kid got involved in someone elses fight flagged the wrong dude and his friends jumped in to **** the guy up when the previous group scrammed
Is English your 2nd language or something? This isn't even intelligible.