Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Official 30-06 Thread. klickitat Rifle Forum 91 02-08-2018 02:26 AM
Why no official Sig Thread? The Machinist Firearms General Discussion 27 08-13-2012 07:12 PM
Official 9/11 thread Jim Boonie Site Information & Suggestion Box 0 07-17-2012 06:28 PM
OM NOM NOM: The official Thread! Nightwing Jokes, Humor & Music 33 04-03-2012 03:32 PM
Do we have an official 24 thread yet? hightech_redneck General Discussion 9 01-05-2011 11:08 PM

Old 02-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Prepared

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAR BAR 2 View Post
I am trying to find a good leather shoulder holster and belt holster for my new XDm 45 compact. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Tex
I dont have any shoulder holster suggestions but I use http://www.theisholsters.com/products.php (and I use J-clips for that little extra concealment when I tuck in my shirts) for CCW of both my glock and XD sub (obviously I have different holsters for each though). I also have another IWB that is pretty nice and durable, picked it up at a local gun shop when I first bought the XD. I like it and I tend to use it if I open carry, cant recall the brand though but its a mainstream one.

*edit* the 'other' one is a Galco brand, checked last night

Last edited by Pik4chu; 02-02-2012 at 09:51 AM..
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pik4chu For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2012, 06:14 PM

Here is my new baby. I am a female, and this is my first semi-automatic. I've only shot revolvers prior to buying my XDm 9 mm 5.25"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tejasterry For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2012, 06:31 PM

I have the Fobus paddle for my 45, and its been good to me......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 09:56 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 13,245 Times in 3,505 Posts

I use the super Cross-tuck IWB custom trimmed for the XD9mm CC
Old 02-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Prepared

I took my XD9 out to the woods for a test run today, I got it a couple months or so ago and havent been able to try it yet.
It worked flawlessly! I am very happy with my decision to get it.
I tried both steel and brass cased through it and ate both without any trouble.
Thats kinda nice to know. Then I can keep getting the Tul ammo for target practicing since its a little cheaper then brass.
The Following User Says Thank You to MN_Martian For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 01:21 AM

I have an xd-40 tactical fires great for me! Keep it clean and oiled it will take care of you for sure
The Following User Says Thank You to DGAF1 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,092 Times in 1,442 Posts

i just shot my buddies xd45. im gonna get me a xd.40. i absolutely loved shooting the .45 but how does this relate to the .40? is it pretty much the same gun with a different caliber?
Old 02-17-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compexp View Post
Just shot my XD45 4" - love it! Easier on the hand than my 1911, and fed everything with no problems.

Still adjusting myself to the long trigger pull (compared to my 3.5 -lb 1911 trigger), but went smoothly.

Next question, what's the best inside-the-pants holster you guys have used?
I love both my XD. A 4.5" in .45 ACP and a 3" sub compact 9MM. I use Kramer handgun leather for the vast majority of my cary guns. They are made to order and fit your weapon PERFECT! The quality of there products are truly second to none. I have 7 Kramer holsters + other items like mag holders ect. I highly recomend them to any of you.

http://www.kramerleather.com/product...&categoryID=23
Old 02-17-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pik4chu View Post
XD 9 sub compact is my EDC gun, love it to death (paid 499 for new) and dont regret it a bit. It fits my hand better than my G19 too. Need to take it to the range in the next month or so to break in some new SD ammo. I still havent done night sights on mine but it isnt my bedside gun so its a low priority at this point. The small size fits in my hands even though my hands are quite big you just have to adjust for your pinky finger not being on the gun but if you practice its not necessary, this gun doesnt kick much at all. An instructor I had for a handgun class borrowed my gun to demonstrate this for the girls in the class who had never used a gun. Gripped it with thumb and 2 fingers (one for trigger), no palm and popped off a few rounds into the paper. Dude was at least 65 yrs old lol. TL;DR version, great gun and very easy to handle even with its small size just be ready for the magazine cost if you are looking to stock up. (Cabelas has them for 3 for $99 atm though, if anyone was looking for some and $33 each is better than Ive seen many places)

My one overall regret of the Springfields are the cost of the mags and trying to find them (no sporting goods store Ive been to seems to have the right ones, have to order them online) But I guess I got spoiled by Glock parts like others
I always carry my XD 9mm subcompact with the extended magazine that has the finger extension on it. Fits like a glove has the extra rounds totaling 16 + 1. I personally think it looks better with the extended magazine in it. That counts for something! It looks so good in its Kramer holster and rides so comfortableÖit truly is the most comfortable pistol and rig I own out of many! It also shoots like a dream. I normally, depending my mood and where and what Iím doing, typically prefer something more potent then a 9mm, however as I said it carryís soooo good and Iím able to shoot it so well, I do carry it a lot. I canít say enough good about the two XDs I own.

I hardly ever carry my 1911 anymore; it has officially turned into another one of my collection guns. I love every one of the guns in my collection for different reasons and am a gun collector at heart as I have an appreciation for many aspects of firearms. I occasionally shoot all of the guns in my collection. I donít collect for the sake of reselling, I just enjoy what I have and plan on passing them down in the family.

I never would have thought that I would completely retire my 1911 from a carry gun! But in my opinion (that isnít so humble when it comes to firearms!) is that the XD is superior to the 1911. I know someone will be ****ed about that remarkÖ.and I do love, own and highly respect the 1911, but I would put my life in the hands of the XD over the 1911, unless I ever have reason to change my opinion in the future.

Shawn
Old 02-18-2012, 06:02 PM

I like this site more and more.

Here is my 9mm xD service model, only add on is the Pachmayr grip. It isn't a cream puff....it goes with me everywhere and it gets a bunch of rounds through it. They're 126gr Hyrda Shok BTW
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n0pinch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 02:15 AM
RockOut w/ your GlockOut

I'm not one to kiss and tell, but I've slept w/ this girl
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
V

XD .40 Srvc, Pachmayr Tactical Grip, HarWell Holsters ProTuck IWB w/ speed grip cut. Comes in two flavors Remington 180gr. JHP or Federal 180gr. FMJ FN. That's a cheapo 150 lumen AIM Sports so I can read books in bed.

Side note: She snaps in that holster. It's quality leather and feels good on your skin. Also, it's hand made in America, U.S.A.. you can order them or save a little through them on Ebag
The Following User Says Thank You to BretByron For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,092 Times in 1,442 Posts

got my xdm .40 today. yea!! ended up going with the 3.8 inch so i can use it as a cc. but i'll be darned if the blacked out tactical model wasnt beggin me to take her home too. if she's still single around christmas i may have to have it.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Everyone else is crazy

Default My first XD

I recently purchased my first Springfield 9mm XD. I have to say I LOVE this gun. I ended up with the 4" Service Model. If you haven't held one, go to your local gun store and try it out. I've already put 400 rounds through it and have never had an issue.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Everyone else is crazy

Default XD Holster Question

I will have my carry permit shortly and really want to find a comfortable holster. I have an XD 4" service model (I know, a little big to carry), and want to carry at the 4 o'clock position. Something that attaches to my belt and doesn't move. Any suggestions?
Old 03-10-2012, 02:48 PM

Just purchased my XDM compact 3.8 9mm. night sights about the only thing I'll change. Anybody have any luck with any brand?
thanks
RR2
Old 03-10-2012, 02:53 PM

where do you get the flames applied? both are great looking!
thanks
RR2
Old 03-10-2012, 04:58 PM
present and accounted for

Thanked 9,922 Times in 3,053 Posts

Heres mine...love it. My one and only 40 cal gal
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xdm.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	62281  
The Following User Says Thank You to Wall*e For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 12:04 AM

Got my XDM 9mm right after new years, put about 300 rds thru it so far. I friggin love this gun. Awesome piece of machinery.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:07 AM
SEMPER FI

I just purchased the 3.8" Sub-Compact XDM 9mm for my wife at a local gun show over the weekend. I pick it up today after work!

Very excited to get it, she held both the XDM and the M&P and liked the XDM better. Love that it comes with two mags the smaller one and the extended mag, can;t wait to go out and shoot it with her

Any suggestion on the best place to get extra mags for the best price?

What other holsters do you use with the 3.8" compact?
The Following User Says Thank You to ROMAK47 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Prepared

folks, PLEASE post pics of your holsters ON you - trying to get a good cc holster for my XD45, and need to see how they look when you're concealing.

Thanks!