Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Define Looting. Fredthethird Urban Survival 29 01-17-2013 12:13 PM
Looting in Dallas! Highlander Urban Survival 70 04-23-2012 06:53 PM
Looting in Japan??? Wazlov Manmade and Natural Disasters 145 09-12-2011 02:22 PM
Japan - Where are the Riot and Looting Reports?? pa350z Manmade and Natural Disasters 1 03-15-2011 11:49 AM
When does looting become suvivial ? Outland3r General Discussion 40 10-18-2010 06:37 PM
Looting in Hati Smokey024 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 21 01-19-2010 11:05 AM
What are your thoughts on looting? JWJ78 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 123 05-14-2009 09:24 PM

Old 03-17-2011, 03:59 AM

Default There is looting in Japan!

Advertise Here

While other countries are pulling their bank personnel out of Japan, Goldman Sachs, CitiBank and Bank of America are heroically staying behind to do, in the words of Goldman Sachs CEO Lloyd Blankfein, "God's work".

Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to sammich For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 04:40 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,507 Times in 641 Posts

What "God" is that?
http://www.theoi.com/Olympios/HermesGod.html#Thievery
Old 03-17-2011, 04:47 AM

watching the market aswell iv been up all morning its 4am thank god i work 3rd shift lol day off... forex is giving me mixed signals for some reason i cannot access my broker through meta trader odd...but watching data on fxstreet been checking max keisers site as well as beforeitsnews.com for updates very strange market this week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 05:06 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 9,305 Times in 4,625 Posts

I guess some people just won't be happy unless they can reduce the Japanese to the same animalistic equivalent that Americans would be in the same situation. Nice try but it ain't gonna happen. There are bad seeds in every culture but sorry, as a whole they just aren't aholes llike us.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:57 PM

This isn't the first time these "too big to fail" banks got caught trying to shamelesly line their pockets on the misfortunes of others. Remember all of this when the banks and wall street go begging for more bailouts. They get caught over and over again committing criminal acts yet NOTHING is done to them.

JPMorgan Overcharged and Foreclosed on Soldiers, but they're Sorry (Sorry they got caught)

http://current.com/news/92973019_jpm...got-caught.htm

Members of the House Veterans' Affairs Committee tore into an apologetic JPMorgan Chase executive today after the bank admitted violating a law that guarantees protections to servicemembers serving in harm's way.

The giant financial institution failed to comply with the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, which provides active duty soldiers, who purchased a home prior to the start of their active duty, a 6 percent cap on their mortgage interest rate and any other fees while they are on active duty and for a year after they are discharged.

Stephanie Mu****, head of Consumer Practices at JPMorgan Chase & Co., admitted Chase failed to comply with all aspects of the law and apologized to soldiers for violating the guarantees set forth by the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:07 PM

But wait, they are a nation of Honor and unbreakable samurai spirit, wait, no?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	japan_quake16_27.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	46017  
Old 03-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Experiment 626

Thanked 3,303 Times in 1,286 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toktok View Post
Hmm... just a picture with no story... maybe, just maybe, it is THEIR safe lying in what is left of THEIR house? After being submerged in salt water and then left exposed for just a day or so, it would not be able to be opened by normal dialing.

Not saying that is the case... but a picture with no story doesn't tell much.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robbiec For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiec View Post
Hmm... just a picture with no story... maybe, just maybe, it is THEIR safe lying in what is left of THEIR house? After being submerged in salt water and then left exposed for just a day or so, it would not be able to be opened by normal dialing.

Not saying that is the case... but a picture with no story doesn't tell much.
I have been trying to track that picture down but haven't been able to find a source. IF this is a picture from Associated Press, here is the caption that "toktok" and others WANTING TO SEE LOOTING are INTENTIONALLY leaving out:

Amid the debris, 32-year-old Ken Suioya used a crowbar to try to force open a safe, which he said had been thrown from his father's destroyed home and into a trench.

"My house has gone, our family's restaurant has gone, our car has gone this is part of what we have left," he said, gesturing to unyielding gray metal.

Mar. 15, 2011 7:17 PM ET

New reactor fire as Japan works to contain threat

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/3d28...2c90a494b9bea0
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sammich For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 04:59 PM
My Temperature is Right

Thanked 4,207 Times in 2,328 Posts

Yeah right Japan is also the nation with sanctioned organized crime. I think no one started looting so as not to infringe on the Yakuza, that is after their turf.
The Following User Says Thank You to cranky1950 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky1950 View Post
Yeah right Japan is also the nation with sanctioned organized crime. I think no one started looting so as not to infringe on the Yakuza, that is after their turf.
Yakuza aren't some little street gang and are more like the mafia. They go after corporations and stockholders for "protection money" and mainly engage in trafficking uncensored pron and prostitution. I have heard they have been branching out into industrial espionage now.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:01 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 15,831 Times in 8,399 Posts

Quote:
It will be the ninjas of course. Every samurai needs a villian.

You can tell cause they are wearing ninja masks
Old 03-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Shiny

I lived in Japan for three years. I believe the reports there is no looting.
I stopped locking my car, there was no point.
Many Japanese ride their bikes to the train station, and take the train to work. I was amazed to see hundreds of bicycles left for the day--not one lock.
A teenage pickpocket on the Tokyo train made national news as an outrage.
A friend lost his wallet on the subway--someone anonymously mailed it to him a few days later with nothing missing.
I never heard a car horn--ever.
Construction flag men bow to you when they make you wait.
I could go on and on about how courteous and polite they are.

I believe that a crisis solidifies and amplifies a person's nature. If you live life with greed, jealousy, rudeness, violence, etc., in a crisis those traits will be amplified. If you live a life of charity, intergrity, and graciousness, in a crisis you will be more so.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Crusoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Mom Walton

Thanked 2,627 Times in 891 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
I lived in Japan for three years. I believe the reports there is no looting
The original post went over your head. You missed his point. He wasn't talking about the Japanese people looting stores. He is talking about the financial sector. His opinion is that the Japanese people will be taken advantage of, by people with financial means to do so.
The Following User Says Thank You to survivalistmomma For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivalistmomma View Post
The original post went over your head. You missed his point. He wasn't talking about the Japanese people looting stores. He is talking about the financial sector. His opinion is that the Japanese people will be taken advantage of, by people with financial means to do so.
The point of the post is that the MONEY JUNKIES that crashed the U.S. economy with their fraud and criminal behavior are descending like locusts on Japan even while that country is trying to cope with disaster. They are money addicts doing anything they can to anyone they can to get their "fix", just like the local heroin/crack/meth head, only these people have the protection of all of the U.S. government officials that money can buy.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Shiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by survivalistmomma View Post
Yes, I realize what the original post was about. I was responding to those who took the post from financial industry looting to run of the mill looting before me so feel free to scold them too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crusoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Prepared

Thanked 18,481 Times in 8,484 Posts

Remember, the Japanese energy elite -- themselves -- falsified safety documents several times on these very reactors. In modern capitalistic economies, the more egregious looting is white-collar and public trust. I posted in another thread that I suspect the Japanese taxpayer will be on the hook for the nuclear disasters, and I've since read articles that suggest I may be right. The Japanese were hosed multiple times over, basically pre-looted. Same thing that goes on over here, with our own equivalent of a Yakuza.

Anyway, as for looting you also don't see a bunch of "survivalist" Japanese running around with AK-47's and camo, thinking they're in some combat zone, rather than a natural disaster.
The Following User Says Thank You to aramchek For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 12:54 AM
Looks like rain to me.

Thanked 44,415 Times in 26,305 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 

Quote:
Look a little closer, it's their family's safe.

https://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...d.php?t=158879
The Following User Says Thank You to SgtBooker44 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusoe View Post
I lived in Japan for three years. I believe the reports there is no looting.
I stopped locking my car, there was no point.
Many Japanese ride their bikes to the train station, and take the train to work. I was amazed to see hundreds of bicycles left for the day--not one lock.
A teenage pickpocket on the Tokyo train made national news as an outrage.
A friend lost his wallet on the subway--someone anonymously mailed it to him a few days later with nothing missing.
I never heard a car horn--ever.
Construction flag men bow to you when they make you wait.
I could go on and on about how courteous and polite they are.
Long time lurker, first time poster... This is what North America used to be like, before our civility went out the door and the media whipped us into a constant state of fear. I used to live in Germany, and similar sort of thing - front page news in the town I lived in was a purse snatching.

Regarding the original post- well its just sick, but what kind of behavior do you expect from these criminals? No matter your politics, right or left, these guys want to (or already have) screwed you.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramchek View Post
Remember, the Japanese energy elite -- themselves -- falsified safety documents several times on these very reactors. In modern capitalistic economies, the more egregious looting is white-collar and public trust. I posted in another thread that I suspect the Japanese taxpayer will be on the hook for the nuclear disasters, and I've since read articles that suggest I may be right. The Japanese were hosed multiple times over, basically pre-looted. Same thing that goes on over here, with our own equivalent of a Yakuza.

Anyway, as for looting you also don't see a bunch of "survivalist" Japanese running around with AK-47's and camo, thinking they're in some combat zone, rather than a natural disaster.
If all of the rumors of fabricated plant inpections are true then this is the Japanese version of the gulf BP disaster. We will find out if their government, like the U.S., is completely bought and paid for by the big corporations and no one sees jail time.

If the government tries to make them pay for the acts of TEPCO, I hope they follow what Iceland did and boot out the crooks in government and then arrest everyone responsible for the disaster.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Mom Walton

Thanked 2,627 Times in 891 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusoe View Post
Yes, I realize what the original post was about. I was responding to those who took the post from financial industry looting to run of the mill looting before me so feel free to scold them too.
Sorry Crusoe. I wasn't trying to zero in on you. I meant my comment to address the others, which is why I did not include your name. My bad. I didn't communicate that. Please accept my apology.