Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PAW Fiction - Stories of the Post-Apocalyptic World CD Now Available Jerry D Young For Sale 22 02-20-2019 09:45 PM
Some of my hunting stories and outdoor photos out of Africa..... sekelbos Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 119 08-08-2015 10:53 PM
Post your favorite fake-conservative/real-RINO stories Levant Political News and Discussion 26 04-18-2015 09:17 AM
Favorite post-SHTF hunting load? Ivan RoachCoach Shotgun Forum 24 02-05-2015 06:03 PM
Post Apocalyptic Role Playing Games And Stories Combined TXplowgirl Books, Movies & Stories 2 12-12-2014 05:37 PM
Some thoughts on hunting post SHTF kev Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 70 12-14-2013 09:25 AM
first time hunting stories Ca Patriot Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 8 09-06-2013 01:58 PM
FireFighters, Post Your Real Firefighting Stories Here Yehudi General Discussion 10 04-24-2013 08:45 PM
Fish stories and other lies-Post yours fuggit Boating and Fishing 1 02-23-2011 02:13 PM

Old 06-08-2008, 06:32 PM
FlyLeaf Rocks!!

Lightbulb Post All of Your Hunting Stories Here

Advertise Here

Hello everyone, I think it would be a great idea to post hunting stories in this thread to show everyone how much fun you've had in the wilderness and how great hunting really is.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2008, 06:33 PM
FlyLeaf Rocks!!

Smile

Here's my story, it's about my dog, Jake.

A few years ago, my dad, my mom and I went moose hunting near my Grandfather's cabin deep in the woods, far from any house or building of any sort. Every year we make a weekend trip to my Grandparent's in the early fall to see if we can get our moose. My dad was hunting for only a few minutes before he had seen a good sized bull, pulled back his drawstring (he uses a bow), and let go. The arrow sliced through the moose's torso, it let out a great groan, but despite the powerful shot, the strong moose ran away and into the woods.
My dad, mom and I looked for hours in the direction that the moose ran but to no avail. We searched all over the area and did not find anything. Now any hunter knows the feeling you get when you shoot an animal and it gets away. It feels like such a waste of a life because you did not find it.
We were just ready to leave my Grandparent's house with a bad hunting experience in our minds when it occured to me, what if we tried Jake (My Brittany Spaniel)? I was only 11 or 12 so I asked my father but he thought it was nonsense as Jake was only a year and a half years old. Overhearing our conversation, my mother suggested that it was worth a shot.
We drove to the general area of where the moose had been shot and let puppy Jake out to see if he would do anything at all. Within seconds he had picked up the scent and found the moose's intact body in a bunch of thick alders and spruce, right around where we had looked. My parents were very surprised, I was really proud, and Jake, well let's just say he enjoyed a good moose-steak when we got home.

THE END
Old 06-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Here To Learn :)

Great story! Thanks for sharing!

Dayna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 01:18 AM
one shot 2 kills :P

ok heres one. i was all of 11 and i had been deer hunting with my father before but had never had much luck, i was young and couldent get past buck fever so i never was able to make the shot. this year we were siting up in the deer stand all day and hadent even seen one deer. so i decide to take a short nap it was about 3 o clock pm so i slept a wile wile dad had his eyes peeled for a deer i woke up at about 4 and decided to stay up with him( we had gotten up at 4 that morning) and we sat and looked through our bonoculars and called every now and again. wen at 4:45 which was only about 15 minutes from the close of leagel shooting hours a doe walk into the feild about 100 yards away so dad told me to get my shotgun ready then suddelny out of the same opening the doe came out of a huge buck came out. so i looked into my scope and calmly as i posobly could put my crosshairs right behind his shoulder and slowly squezed the triger,( i can still see that sight picture if i think about it.) and boom he dropped dead at 100 yards my first deer i was so excited but my dad was 10 times more excited than me. so we sat for a second and looked at him wile i tried to stop shakeing. after we were looking at him we couldent tell what was wroung with him i quote my fater here
Quote:
Has it only got one antler....no wait its got 3!
so we climbed down and took a look it turns out it only had to antlers but that it was a 19 point non typical, with hoves the size of a shetland ponies. this thing was a monster, the kind you might see if you watch hunting shows. so we called my mother and had here bring the 4wheeler to come help drag the deer, ( we hunt a stones throw from the house but a deer that weighs 175LBs feild dressed isnt something you want to just drag behind you so when we got him home we took him to the local check station and then took him to the locker( meat locker) were they were amazed at the size of him. he was so tough we had to have almost the whole deer ground. but here in my opinion is the best part, my teachers son had shot at and missed the deer that very same day he had been tracking it on game cameras for almost four years, but had never gotten a shot until that day. as you can imagen he was allitle upset about that. He currently resides on our liveingroom wall and we actually had to put a board on the back of the mount so that the anlter wont go threw it since they are shaped so funny

The End
Old 07-11-2008, 01:22 AM
one shot 2 kills :P

Great story as well sgtpepper