Social Security benefits fraud investigation - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 08-04-2020, 08:14 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,527 Times in 628 Posts
Default Social Security benefits fraud investigation

Advertise Here

Fifteenth person charged with theft in ongoing Social Security benefits fraud investigation

CINCINNATI: Napoleon Crawford, 52, of Mason, was arrested and appeared in U.S. District Court here on July 30 to face charges in a two-count indictment alleging that Crawford has stolen more than $80,000 in Social Security and Department of Defense benefits earned by his father, a retired Navy officer who died in 2016. Crawford is the fifteenth person charged this year in the 48-county Southern District of Ohio based on results of a large audit conducted by the Social Security Administration, Office of Inspector General, which found that dozens of Ohioans are illegally collecting a deceased relative's federal retirement...

justice.gov

I am seeing a lot more of this in the couple of years. I hope it is not just a short trend that stops. There should be oversight and accountability on everything the government pays out. For everyone, especially .gov employees hired, appointed or voted in to any position.

And I thought most Ohioans were honest people...guess thats what I get for thinking.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fordtrucksforever For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 08:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,015 Times in 2,879 Posts

When I worked for social security disability fraud was rampant. a decision was made the public was not to know. we were not allowed to make referrals without management approval and that rarely allowed them. We were doing validity testing on mental and physical impairments. We were denied that ability. We could not use the response from a parole office who would report normal behavior, fully employed or active drug use. In fact we were not allowed to give any information to parole officers even if they had a felony arrest warrens. We were not allowed to report illegals. There is a reason that social security has financial issues. When the system fails, you can thank a democrat
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to goat daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 09:00 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,234 Times in 948 Posts

As bad as Social Security might be, I’d be willing to bet that it pales in comparison with Medicare/Medicare fraud.

But....the left says...the government manages things so well!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RichardinColorado For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 09:14 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 8,045 Times in 3,259 Posts

In 2014 a Social Security employee told me that the government had given SSI $100,000,000 to investigate fraud.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:48 PM
IRON ON COURAGE

Thanked 4,550 Times in 2,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
In 2014 a Social Security employee told me that the government had given SSI $100,000,000 to investigate fraud.
Investigating Fraud is profitable!

We have a gang unit in my town for a gang nobody has ever seen. Federal funds keep it going.

The county has a unit that investigates credit card skimming, yet they apparently have not been able to stop it in decades. I had a CC skimmed, I knew exactly where, the police were entirely disinterested in my help. I was bothering them. I told the cops I should get into the business since it was so hard to get caught.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Central Scrutinizer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 12:43 AM
독수리 발톱

Thanked 1,421 Times in 465 Posts

In your expert opinion, should the government stop managing the military??

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardinColorado View Post
As bad as Social Security might be, I’d be willing to bet that it pales in comparison with Medicare/Medicare fraud.

But....the left says...the government manages things so well!
Old 08-05-2020, 12:44 AM
독수리 발톱

It's literally all about the government funding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Investigating Fraud is profitable!

We have a gang unit in my town for a gang nobody has ever seen. Federal funds keep it going.

The county has a unit that investigates credit card skimming, yet they apparently have not been able to stop it in decades. I had a CC skimmed, I knew exactly where, the police were entirely disinterested in my help. I was bothering them. I told the cops I should get into the business since it was so hard to get caught.

Old 08-05-2020, 02:07 AM
Survivor

Thanked 26,456 Times in 8,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunky View Post
As a past member of the military, I would say, yes.

The WORST thing the government does in regards to the government is micro managing things. Ridiculous ROE, investigations launched because some POS calls mommy who calls a congress person. Not to mention the base closure game.

They should set a budget, send the military where they are needed, and stay out of things until it’s time to set the terms of surrender.

Letting the military do war without gov’t interference once it is declared would probably have made most of the last conflicts in the last 60 years of war last half as long, with less casualties, probably on both sides.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 04:27 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,083 Times in 1,684 Posts

Quote:
Yes ! Mostly, because it turns good soldiers...………….
Into lousy politicians...……...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sailor For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 04:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,083 Times in 1,684 Posts

Quote:
It's literally all about the government funding.
This, might come as a shock to you...……………..
But the Govt.... don't fund a dam thing...……..
You do...… The Govt---- has no money...……………...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sailor For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 10:57 AM
독수리 발톱

Ugh, no. The government creates the money. We the citizens cannot create money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
This, might come as a shock to you...……………..
But the Govt.... don't fund a dam thing...……..
You do...… The Govt---- has no money...……………...
The Following User Says Thank You to blunky For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 11:09 AM
Bugged out already

Thanked 8,811 Times in 3,189 Posts

Back to the OP on fraud...

In just a generation our great country has gone from rugged self-sufficient individualism to a citizenry reliant on the big government tit. We have become self entitled leaches who think they are entitled to other peoples property. While fraud has always existed, we have perfected the art since FDR hatched the entitlement scheme.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alaskajohn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 11:12 AM
Survivor

Thanked 26,456 Times in 8,146 Posts

Quote:
Ugh, no. The government creates the money. We the citizens cannot create money.
But we the citizens DO create the value the money is supposedly based on.

Of course, thanks to easy credit, the system is using money based on the value of work and ideas not yet in existence.

Not good.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 11:18 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,234 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
The government funds the military. The military manages the funding they receive. One exception: From time-to-time the government/Congress manages to insert themselves into the operations of the military with social engineering moves to make sure women and gays are welcomed into the military.

If Biden and his handlers are elected, I would easily imagine that there will be a pretty quick purge of post, base, and submarine commanders/captains to ensure that there will be no revolt by Traditionalist/Constitutionalist units at sea or in the field.
Old 08-05-2020, 11:27 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,044 Times in 2,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardinColorado View Post

If Biden and his handlers are elected, I would easily imagine that there will be a pretty quick purge of post, base, and submarine commanders/captains to ensure that there will be no revolt by Traditionalist/Constitutionalist units at sea or in the field.
Obumer had a extensive purge of DOD during his reign. "His" anointed are largely still running things. Pres Trump has not had a purge of senior leadership. Apparent thinking the uniform guarantees that that these O7+ are dedicated to the Constitution and the country. This was true of those Obumer purged but I would not assume the same for the people he installed in their place.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 12:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 20,469 Times in 6,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucksforever View Post
Fifteenth person charged with theft in ongoing Social Security benefits fraud investigation

CINCINNATI: Napoleon Crawford, 52, of Mason, was arrested and appeared in U.S. District Court here on July 30 to face charges in a two-count indictment alleging that Crawford has stolen more than $80,000 in Social Security and Department of Defense benefits earned by his father, a retired Navy officer who died in 2016. Crawford is the fifteenth person charged this year in the 48-county Southern District of Ohio based on results of a large audit conducted by the Social Security Administration, Office of Inspector General, which found that dozens of Ohioans are illegally collecting a deceased relative's federal retirement...

justice.gov

I am seeing a lot more of this in the couple of years. I hope it is not just a short trend that stops. There should be oversight and accountability on everything the government pays out. For everyone, especially .gov employees hired, appointed or voted in to any position.

And I thought most Ohioans were honest people...guess thats what I get for thinking.
I wonder if these were cases where the checks kept depositing into the joint account manged by the spouse or family member.

Happened to my MIL for a couple months and it took was a big headache on our part to get it fixed.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:23 PM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 21,846 Times in 7,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat daddy View Post
When I worked for social security disability fraud was rampant. a decision was made the public was not to know. we were not allowed to make referrals without management approval and that rarely allowed them. We were doing validity testing on mental and physical impairments. We were denied that ability. We could not use the response from a parole office who would report normal behavior, fully employed or active drug use. In fact we were not allowed to give any information to parole officers even if they had a felony arrest warrens. We were not allowed to report illegals. There is a reason that social security has financial issues. When the system fails, you can thank a democrat
If you worked only during Democratic administrations, your claim is valid. If there were any Republican administrations during that time, though, and there was no change in procedure, then obviously it is a cross party failure.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 01:49 PM
IRON ON COURAGE

Thanked 4,550 Times in 2,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskajohn View Post
Back to the OP on fraud...

In just a generation our great country has gone from rugged self-sufficient individualism to a citizenry reliant on the big government tit. We have become self entitled leaches who think they are entitled to other peoples property. While fraud has always existed, we have perfected the art since FDR hatched the entitlement scheme.
In exchange for this so called "entitlement", I will happily exchange my monthly Social Security checks for the total lump sum payout of all my SS contributions since 1973 including accrued compounded interest.

The Following User Says Thank You to Central Scrutinizer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 02:02 PM
Possum Lover

Thanked 28,697 Times in 10,355 Posts

We were informants in a Medicare fraud scheme. 1-800-MEDICARE was quite happy to hear we had set up an appointment for the "free hospital bed and electric wheelchair" which was the scheme at the time. All they had to do was send an agent to the appointment, they eventually made quite a few arrests and shut the ring down.

We didn't get anything for it other than a good heart. That was fine. I hate scammers.

My husband paid for his benefits in his own blood. He qualified just being blind and then getting run over really put the finish on him. I save you, the taxpayer, a fortune taking care of him at home because that would probably be an additional $4K a month.
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 02:03 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,015 Times in 2,879 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
If you worked only during Democratic administrations, your claim is valid. If there were any Republican administrations during that time, though, and there was no change in procedure, then obviously it is a cross party failure.
I worked 20 years in, California. I saw fed laws ignored to grant druggies and alcoholics. The fed review would not let us follow the law. The ALJs who reviewed calims were the worst offenders