Surviving COVID is NOT About Wearing "Masks"... It's about Decon. - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-27-2020, 08:20 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,128 Times in 872 Posts

Advertise Here

Agree with the O.P.
What good does it really do if you are wearing a ill fitting mask And walking through a cloud of covid? Even if your masks protect you, how are you treating your cloths and exposed skin once you return home?
As I've said before, this is all about control ie. Covid-1984.
TPTB are attempting to train the public to jump and drool when they ring the bell !
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stinky For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2020, 10:09 PM
Green Eggs and Spam

Thanked 10,009 Times in 2,812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
...What good does it really do if you are wearing a ill fitting mask And walking through a cloud of covid? Even if your masks protect you, how are you treating your cloths and exposed skin once you return home?

Obviously some have not read my earlier thread regarding the mask that I will be using once the local threat level gets a little higher. Before anyone questions why I'm not currently using it, they should try to order replacement 40mm NATO filters for a reasonable price. I'm happy that I was able to find ONE(1).

I've been thinking about an outside shower in front of the main entry door.

But, it would require that the Decon area/shower have two(2) doors. Obviously since the person doing Decon would be doffing clothing it probably should not be clear see through in design.

Last edited by Sprig; 07-29-2020 at 01:58 PM.. Reason: changed the photo
The Following User Says Thank You to Sprig For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Prepster View Post
Regarding Decon, there's a number of recommended practices beyond regular handwashing like a) being scrupulous about leaving one's shoes, carry bags and keys by the door b) taking off one's work clothes by the door and separating them for cleaning or at least not taking them into the home and sitting on chairs, bets, etc. with them. c) showering upon returning home and before sitting down, touching things, etc., and d) practicing regular nasal irrigation, thich may include daily cleansing of the nose with a Neti Pot or similar, which removes viruses that may have accumulated there, and during the wintertime prevents the drying and cracking of the nasal passage surfaces, which increases vulnerability to virus intake.
Think about adding Betadine to that nasal rinse, spray, or swab solution.

And gargle too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Borskill For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2020, 06:17 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 64,978 Times in 14,462 Posts
Default Sweden is part of the EU, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Rafe View Post
Sure, and the EU, together with Russia, China, and every other country is in line with the US media and killing their people so the US can have voter fraud ... . Not to mention destroying our economies. The local media of every location is of course also in line.

Get this through your head: Your politics aren't worth the life of even one citizen in the entire EU.
They did EVERYTHING WRONG according to the 'narrative'.

July 23 was the last entry. THREE new deaths.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sweden cases.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	307604   Click image for larger version

Name:	sweden deaths.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	307606  
The Following User Says Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2020, 09:58 PM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 40,836 Times in 9,685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post

Sweden did infection control just like everyone else. They were just slower to do it than others. They also focused on social stigma and marketing instead of legal penalties. The idea that they did nothing is a complete myth created by MSM narratives early in the pandemic.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2020, 04:14 AM
Only politics *****.

Thanked 8,679 Times in 3,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post

What does that have to do with idiots who think the entire world is killing off their people because we don't like Trump and can't wait 4 years maximum till he's gone forever?
Old 08-02-2020, 08:17 AM
This is a great survival forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
Looks like "your" bunker was featured on Travel Channel. https://terravivos.com/secure/indiana.htm
Old 08-02-2020, 08:38 AM
D. Gibbons is a bad man

Thanked 4,850 Times in 2,526 Posts

We have been changing out of outdoor clothes since the start as well as the quarantine of parcels / mail and non perishable foods. And its going to be ongoing until a vaccine is accepted.
I have qualifications in hygiene and some formal training in zoonotic diseases in wild and farmed animals so I am not really sweating it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Asag For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2020, 08:43 AM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 40,836 Times in 9,685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KN View Post
Looks like "your" bunker was featured on Travel Channel. https://terravivos.com/secure/indiana.htm

Old 08-03-2020, 09:54 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 1,598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asag View Post
We have been changing out of outdoor clothes since the start as well as the quarantine of parcels / mail and non perishable foods. And its going to be ongoing until a vaccine is accepted.
I have qualifications in hygiene and some formal training in zoonotic diseases in wild and farmed animals so I am not really sweating it.
Throughout years of development, the FDA has never approved a vaccine for humans that is effective against any member of the coronavirus family, which includes SARS, MERS, and several that cause the common cold.

Were supposed to be confident that a safe vaccine can be produced in months?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fistfulladirt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 05:56 PM
Offline starting sept 1st

Thanked 1,060 Times in 494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
Obviously some have not read my earlier thread regarding the mask that I will be using once the local threat level gets a little higher. Before anyone questions why I'm not currently using it, they should try to order replacement 40mm NATO filters for a reasonable price. I'm happy that I was able to find ONE(1).

I've been thinking about an outside shower in front of the main entry door.

But, it would require that the Decon area/shower have two(2) doors. Obviously since the person doing Decon would be doffing clothing it probably should not be clear see through in design.

I am super confused are people using gas mask filters? Hopefully you all realize carbon filters do not screen biological agents.

If they use cotton to hold the carbon in it may help. but you get as much protection from wearing a tshirt around your face.

With that said I think the point of this thread is spot on with making sure you arn't transfering the biolgoical agent on the surfaces of things you bring into your home. Good decontamination and sanitization methods of clothing is essential at prevent spread of the virus that is on the surface of your clothing.

Wearing a mask is better than not wearing a mask though irregardless it removes one vector. Inhalation.

You might put a mask over your filter intake if you want it to protect better.

Or use mask cuttouts taped into the filter intake nozzel.. way to stretch a mask supply

tent and garden hose..

allows for courtsy screening to protect digity and the top of the tent often is a screen that a gardon hose can spray though.. whala decontamination room.

I think the real problem is that so many people are weak willed and lazy in that they couldn't be troubled to spray themselves every time they want to enter their own home to prevent killing themselves and their family.
The Following User Says Thank You to William Ashley For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 09:33 PM
Green Eggs and Spam

Thanked 10,009 Times in 2,812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
...You might put a mask over your filter intake if you want it to protect better.
LOL!

You do realize that it is properly fitted? The cover for the filter intake was removed so that I could breathe while taking the photo.

The filter that I have is an NBC filter... that B in there... yep, confident this filter will do that task.

The idea of covering the intake with a filter is interesting. However, I don't think that I'll personally attempt it. It increases the challenge of Decon disposal for very little gain in my opinion.

I don't have an outside shower yet. Not really because of laziness. I happen to like my normalcy bias at the moment. However, I have been doing some online study and thinking about my current plumbing situation.

But it appears that I can ease up concern for at least a couple more weeks. So, that means I can ease up on the TEOTWAWKI planning.