Surviving COVID is NOT About Wearing "Masks"... It's about Decon. - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-25-2020, 04:18 AM
Green Eggs and Spam

Thanked 10,009 Times in 2,812 Posts
Exclamation Surviving COVID is NOT About Wearing "Masks"... It's about Decon.

Advertise Here

Surviving COVID is NOT About Wearing "Masks".

If you want to survive:

Don, Decon, Doff.

If an individual only Don/Wear a mask, they might as well not wear one at all in my opinion. They present to me the false illusion that they are protecting me.

While USAF NBC training, the Don...Decon/Doff/Decon/Doff was a thing; one baby step at a time.

When summer stops here, I may have to hide under a rock.

Last edited by Sprig; 07-27-2020 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: clarity
Quick reply to this message
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sprig For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 06:51 AM
Wildlife Proctologist

Thanked 6,835 Times in 1,695 Posts

I agree that the absence of decon from the public conscience is significant.

The masks everyone wears (over and over again) isn't about preventing the wearer from getting covid rather it just reduces how far the virus travels when breathing. An entirely different concept from NBC training. There's no decon or replacing masks. There's no changing clothes (not many trainees are stupid enough to re-wear the same uniform the day after the CS chamber).

How much good are we really doing putting a germ sponge next to out mouth & nose; no decon; lowering immunities through hand sanitizer; and telling people to stay which prevents vitamin D.

I personally believe COVID is way over-hyped and lowered immunity is setting the stage for a bad flu season this fall. Many of the symptoms of the flu are the same a COVID. I predict this fall will see fear and fear mongering drastically increase. IMHO, the goal of the propaganda machines is shut down in-person voting to set the greater enable voter fraud.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beaner For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 06:55 AM

Agree with your post
The Following User Says Thank You to Flowergirl45 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2020, 07:02 AM
Only politics *****.

Thanked 8,659 Times in 3,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaner View Post
I personally believe COVID is way over-hyped and lowered immunity is setting the stage for a bad flu season this fall. Many of the symptoms of the flu are the same a COVID. I predict this fall will see fear and fear mongering drastically increase. IMHO, the goal of the propaganda machines is shut down in-person voting to set the greater enable voter fraud.
Sure, and the EU, together with Russia, China, and every other country is in line with the US media and killing their people so the US can have voter fraud ... . Not to mention destroying our economies. The local media of every location is of course also in line.

Get this through your head: Your politics aren't worth the life of even one citizen in the entire EU.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 10:50 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,526 Times in 1,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Rafe View Post
Sure, and the EU, together with Russia, China, and every other country is in line with the US media and killing their people so the US can have voter fraud ... . Not to mention destroying our economies. The local media of every location is of course also in line.

Get this through your head: Your poluitics aren't worth the life of even one citizen in the entire EU.
The issue isn't that the disease isn't serious, but rather that it has become so politicized over here that the science has become secondary.

The same politicians here who were pushing for the most severe lockdowns turned a blind eye to the potential effects of the race related protests and riots upon spreading the virus. The same people who would have others arrested for not wearing a mask are saying nothing about the fact that many police forces have gotten ravaged by Covid-19 in recent weeks, with many forty-fifty something officers being hit particularly hard, while most of the protesters were younger people who showed milder symptoms. Why is there almost no news about that?

Whatever the seriousness of the virus, because of the politicking around it there is no trustworthy authority to guide the US response.

If the US spirals out of control due to civil unrest, mainly brought to us by the same actors manipulating the pandemic for political purposes, the spin off effects will be felt across the world, including Europe.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canadian Prepster For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 11:17 AM
Wildlife Proctologist

Thanked 6,835 Times in 1,695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Rafe View Post
Get this through your head: Your politics aren't worth the life of even one citizen in the entire EU.

Get this through your head: it's not Americans you have to worry about, it's the globalists pushing for a one world government. The ones that don't care about any individual lives. The ones that want all the power and wealth for a small group of elite. It's not a redneck on a mountain in the middle of nowhere you need to convince.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beaner For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 11:36 AM
Survivor

Thanked 14,214 Times in 3,820 Posts

IMO all the anger and finger pointing at each other is misdirected, THE WORLD anger should all be focoused on china, jmo.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimbowie1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2020, 11:54 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbowie1 View Post
IMO all the anger and finger pointing at each other is misdirected, THE WORLD anger should all be focoused on china, jmo.
Perhaps not all of our anger, but certainly a good portion of it.

How we got here from a comment on how to properly decontaminate is beyond me..... but perhaps I'd better review some of my drills from yesteryear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canadian Prepster For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2020, 02:32 AM
Grevcon 10

Thanked 40,808 Times in 9,681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
Surviving COVID is NOT About Wearing "Masks".

If you want to survive:

Don, Decon, Doff.

If an individual only Don/Wear a mask, they might as well not wear one at all in my opinion. They present to me the false illusion that they are protecting me.

While USAF NBC training, the Doff/Decon/Doff was a thing; one baby step at a time.

When summer stops here, I may have to hide under a rock.
Absolutely spot on sir.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2020, 04:53 AM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 11,201 Times in 4,325 Posts

My opinion is.... if you want to survive Covid19.... you should get Covid19
The Following User Says Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2020, 05:18 AM
Grevcon 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench708 View Post
My opinion is.... if you want to survive Covid19.... you should get Covid19
My opinion is.... if I want to leave my bunker.... you should get Covid19
The Following User Says Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2020, 05:23 AM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 11,201 Times in 4,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
My opinion is.... if I want to leave my bunker.... you should get Covid19
Are you still in that bunker?
Old 07-26-2020, 05:29 AM
Target Shooter

Hey, Sprig. Could you put up a post which shows the necessary procedures? That way high-risk people who have to go out will know how to protect themselves.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to down under For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2020, 05:47 AM
Grevcon 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench708 View Post
Are you still in that bunker?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2020, 09:00 AM
Hunter

Oooh, something like that shelving would be amazing for my ham radio station. A few touch ups and I would have an impressive bunker here as well!

Back to the OP's main point, it reminds me about a good video by The Patriot Nurse near the start of the lockdowns, taken mostly out of her experience as a nurse. It's mostly decon related as well:

Regarding Decon, there's a number of recommended practices beyond regular handwashing like a) being scrupulous about leaving one's shoes, carry bags and keys by the door b) taking off one's work clothes by the door and separating them for cleaning or at least not taking them into the home and sitting on chairs, bets, etc. with them. c) showering upon returning home and before sitting down, touching things, etc., and d) practicing regular nasal irrigation, thich may include daily cleansing of the nose with a Neti Pot or similar, which removes viruses that may have accumulated there, and during the wintertime prevents the drying and cracking of the nasal passage surfaces, which increases vulnerability to virus intake.

If people are using masks to actually protect themselves, the would have to be extra careful with how they take them off to avoid contamination, or similarly to avoid contaminating themselves while donning them. I would imagine that having a couple of masks so that one could put some aside and rotate them might be a good idea? I would also make a point of washing one's hand before putting them on and taking them off.

The advice above goes beyond my current practices, but I might revive the one's I have slacked off on should I need to go out more regularly amongst others. Masks are mandatory in all public indoor settings (offices, stores, etc.), we still have a 6 foot social distancing rule that most are maintaining, and there's only limited numbers allowed in stores at any given time, most transit seats are blocked off to keep people apart, etc. To make things more bearable, the city has allowed restaurants to use more outdoor space for patios to serve food, while other places remain take out only. If things were less controlled up here or case numbers were rising I would undoubtedly be thinking more seriously about these decontamination issues in my everyday life.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canadian Prepster For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2020, 04:18 PM
Green Eggs and Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by down under View Post
Hey, Sprig. Could you put up a post which shows the necessary procedures?
Not really. First, I don't remember some details; and even if I did I would not post them on a public forum. Second, the procedure was multi-team based; it would not be feasible for the average family to get to that level.

The video by Patriot Nurse, linked above is a really good starting point. The one thing she misses is that she starts with the shoes. Problem is that all particles are affected by gravity. This is where it gets a little tricky, because you want to start from the top and work downwards while leaving your mask on. See the problem? The mask is on the top.

Just like with food, it is necessary to eliminate cross-contamination. Items that are icky need to be kept away from things that are clean.

In the USAF, most icky items were disposed, not decontaminated. Some procedure for isolation of those items, along with decontamination of items that one wants to re-use, will have to be developed. This is a task I have no prior experience with.

I've been procrastinating developing a method. Once I go down that particular rabbit hole things will certainly be TEOTWAWKI for me.

Last edited by Sprig; 07-27-2020 at 03:10 AM.. Reason: clarity
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sprig For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2020, 08:55 PM
Grevcon 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by down under View Post
Hey, Sprig. Could you put up a post which shows the necessary procedures? That way high-risk people who have to go out will know how to protect themselves.
What level of precaution are you deconning/doffing?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2020, 02:53 AM
Green Eggs and Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt View Post
What level of precaution are you deconning/doffing?
Nearly zero at the moment. It took till yesterday for the county case count to get over 1%; and it got there fairly quick from 0.5%. Figured the odds were better of me getting into another car accident so I was not much worrying about the few times I've been out of the mobile bunker.

My strategy has been to limit contact with people and locations. I've not been to a WallyWorld for quite some time now. I also limit the use of currency and instead use my debit card. I wash my hands, keys, card, and bandanna when I get back to home. So, that is a little bit of Decon. More Decon than I have seen others post on the forum.

I think my figuring this out is going to trial by error learned approach. I'd really like to just leave my shoes outside, and head for the shower wearing everything, hat, clothes, socks, and mask included. There are a couple of reasons in my personal situation that I don't want to disclose publicly that are prompting me to consider doing this as a first serious attempt.

The main problem is that I'd like to configure some sort of desiccant/cover for the mask filter inlet. No hot steamy showers for certain. I'm confident that the filter I have will be fine for COVID for quite some time if not exposed to extra garbage. This is based on my experiences with goofing around with the expired M-17 mask filters I was given as training.

Now, it seems the US military are saying that they won't issue expired filters for training because some of them can out-gas some of the filter materials into the mask...whatever. Of course, I'm not to sure I'd happily use a currently out of date M-17 filter. The filter I got was not very far out of date at the time, not 20+ years.

The filters will work with some amount of humidity. However, I don't have personal experience with filters in humid environments. I'd rather not put anything into the filter other than normal dry air and possible virus particles.

I can put the inlet plug in the filter, it is air tight. The problem is that I'm not 20 years old anymore and I can't hold my breath for nearly as long.

It is a little bit surreal in trying to figure out a way to Decon for a legitimate NBC threat here in the United States. Can I turn off the horror movie now?
Old 07-27-2020, 06:43 PM

Default Ozone cleaning working so far

Run the dry clean cycle twice for masks and shoes........ decon done different.... IMHO

Last edited by CFM56; 07-27-2020 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 07-27-2020, 08:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,917 Times in 1,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFM56 View Post
Run the dry clean cycle twice for masks and shoes........ decon done different.... IMHO
I have been throwing all of my masks in the dirty clothes and washing them on the hot cycle. Only one mask per day, but it doesn't get reused the next day. I read somewhere that was actually being recommended by the CDC. You could also probably wash them in the sink if you didn't want to put them in the machine, but I would be sure to use hot water.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...coverings.html