Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-18-2020, 09:33 AM
Hiker

Thanked 1,889 Times in 542 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
We're not going into hysterics about who wears a mask and who doesn't. You are. Conclusion: We don't feel superior, the people going nuts about this feel inferior. And probably are.
I think they afraid and in denial. Some Iíve seen on tic toc looked crazy and over the top. They could be terrified.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Grannygrump For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 10:23 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,735 Times in 2,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moccasin View Post
We're not going into hysterics about who wears a mask and who doesn't. You are. Conclusion: We don't feel superior, the people going nuts about this feel inferior. And probably are.
That's pretty funny. From what I've seen and read, it is the pro-maskers that are stirring most of the conflict.
Non-maskers simply want the choice to be theirs. For the most part, I don't see them getting upset because other people decide to wear them. It's the maskers who apparently feel threatened enough by the unmasked that they point them out and make judgments on their intelligence and character.
Just look at this thread. People who don't wear masks are apparently uneducated idiots who only care about themselves. I've seen a bazillion Facebook posts started by pro-mask Karen's about the people they saw in the grocery store not wearing masks and determining what stores they will shop at based on their mask policy. I learned from one of these posts that it's better for us locals to drive over to VA to shop because the dumb hillbillies in WV are too stupid to know what's good for them. I am amazed at the insults thrown at people they don't even know. All while they are not wearing an effective mask and not following any safe practice with their masks.
Yesterday I was in Walmart. I was wearing a properly sanitized and worn P100 half mask. All employees and most customers were wearing masks. From bandanas to flimsy synthetic gators to paper surgical masks to homemade cotton and N95's. A significant portion of people had them under their noses, including half the employees. Two women that I followed all the way across the store did have their flimsy masks over their noses but each time they spoke to eachother, which was a constant back and forth, they leaned in close and pulled their mask under their chin to talk. In every store I went to, including the Walmart pharmacy, the clerks leaned around their plexiglas shields, often with nose and or mouth exposed, to talk to customers. Nobody commented, criticized or attempted to educate any of these people. An unmasked person posed no more threat to the masked than any of these people.
On the other hand, at the same time my wife was in another store without her mask. She got snide comments twice while she was in the store and rude stares from others.
So, who is hysterical?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 12:04 PM
Hail to the King, Baby

Thanked 4,175 Times in 1,128 Posts

Nomad: i was speaking about the idiotic paper masks, bandanas, gaiters, dust masks, and all the other silly crap people are hanging on their face. And i remembered the n-100 mask right after i posted. I have no idea if that mask filters out organisms that small as claimed, but if you want to wear one, go ahead.

My issue is the mentality that we can outwait a virus with 95%+ asymptomatic carriers and a two week germination period in everybody by just forcing everybody to either put on their completely ineffective piece of paper, or go into unconstitutional house arrest.

If i am going to subscribe to the language of the debate, then "maskers" are no different to me than "vaxxers", both want to use government force to conform me to their will so that they feel better, and facts be damned.

Anyone who questions or has a different outlook be damned.

I have been working, in public, going shopping, going to the range, and i only wear this paper when my boss tells me to on my job because paycheck.

And i have not even caught the sniffles.

Like i said, you do you. But I will NOT comply and wear that damned mask just because other people's feelings and fear.

If you are high risk, STAY HOME OR TAKE YOUR CHANCES, just like the rest of us have to do.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DisgruntledPatriot For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Black.Dog~ View Post
That's pretty funny. From what I've seen and read, it is the pro-maskers that are stirring most of the conflict.
I'm pro mask but I keep my mouth shut if someone doesn't want to wear one. I might not agree with you but the bigger threat is the end of freedom to make your own choices.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alphasteve For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 03:13 PM
Green Eggs and Spam

Thanked 10,009 Times in 2,812 Posts

Why are daily new cases in Arizona still increasing after requiring the population to wear masks?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sprig For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 03:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 26,546 Times in 8,175 Posts

I just love the fact that so many masks out there are unable to do much about Corona. People wear them in ways that only make that fact more obvious.

My AO is green, has been for a long time, should have been green the entire time, but the health depít felt the need to go ďworst case scenarioĒ and scared people for a month or so.

People are gonna die. The flu, traffic, Corona, cancer, heart disease....itís a fact of life. Another fact is, Corona isnít killing as many as they said it would, and thatís why they arenít reporting deaths on the headlines, only record setting ďnew casesĒ. And people are so stupid they buy it, without considering the fact that if you test record numbers of people, you are bound to get record numbers of positives.
Especially if you hold three days of tests and then release them all on Monday.

This new age mask BS is ridiculous.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 03:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 26,546 Times in 8,175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannygrump View Post
I think they afraid and in denial. Some Iíve seen on tic toc looked crazy and over the top. They could be terrified.
Your source of information is Tic Toc?

Seriously?

Holy freaking crap.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 05:37 PM
Possum Lover

Thanked 28,749 Times in 10,377 Posts

I am getting really sick of the whole "girlie" argument "I am post traumatic, I have anxiety, I can't wear a mask".

Bullcrap I have BOTH and psychotic delusions besides. And you will find me wearing my mask.

But it persists. If you are really so mentally frail you cannot wear a mask you either need medication or an institution. NO ONE LIKES the mask but some of us give a damn about others.

I can understand the severe autistics (as in can't be left alone) not wearing them. But anyone short of that is obligated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 05:41 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,889 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
Your source of information is Tic Toc?

Seriously?

Holy freaking crap.
I donít save tic toc links sorry. Maybe do a search. but folks were screaming and cussing they werenít Going to wear masks. I felt sorry for them. Stores were requiring masks.

I agree a large part of the public need lessons on how to wear masks. As more masks are manufactured in cool fabrics it will get easier. Personally I can stay home but young workers are dying. It isnít just the old.
Old 07-18-2020, 06:56 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,735 Times in 2,230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleKitty View Post
I am getting really sick of the whole "girlie" argument "I am post traumatic, I have anxiety, I can't wear a mask".

Bullcrap I have BOTH and psychotic delusions besides. And you will find me wearing my mask.

But it persists. If you are really so mentally frail you cannot wear a mask you either need medication or an institution. NO ONE LIKES the mask but some of us give a damn about others.

I can understand the severe autistics (as in can't be left alone) not wearing them. But anyone short of that is obligated.
Your particular form of PTSD isn't necessarily the same as another's.
If you are mainly wearing a mask out of concern for others, why does it upset you that some others are not concerned?
This always puzzles me.

The Following User Says Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 06:59 PM
Its a Hoax Folks

Thanked 15,139 Times in 2,695 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannygrump View Post
I donít save tic toc links sorry. Maybe do a search. but folks were screaming and cussing they werenít Going to wear masks. I felt sorry for them. Stores were requiring masks.

I agree a large part of the public need lessons on how to wear masks. As more masks are manufactured in cool fabrics it will get easier. Personally I can stay home but young workers are dying. It isnít just the old.
If the public needs lessons to wear masks correctly, where are all the N95's going to come from, because the fancy cloth masks that little old ladies sew up on their singers don't do squat.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SurvivalOfTheFit For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 07:33 PM
Possum Lover

Black, because I have a frail, elderly, husband. I have frail, elderly, family. It upsets me to think about reckless people endangering them.

I mean, imagine you have a newborn, the virus is killing newborns, and people are walking around, getting in your baby's face, without a mask. Some of them are clearly ill, coughing, and sweating (true story happened twice with my husband and very ill unmasked drivers). Now, no one has gotten sick but I don't plan to take chances.

In my case the paratransit drivers are dropping like flies and they do have to get into his face to strap the wheelchair. So I am keeping him home.

I just want people to be careful when they do go out. Because people are loved, and it harms others. It is the height of selfishness to say 'I'm not wearing a mask".

I have pretty severe PTSD I do not discuss and that is all I will say. I am very mentally ill, again I don't bang the drum very often but I deal with it every minute. And I am able to wear a mask. I also take my prescriptions as directed so I am better able to be a good citizen.

A clearly unmanagable autistic, assuming they are healthy, will get a pass in my book but no one else (except maybe someone with dementia).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PurpleKitty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 07:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 76,130 Times in 23,319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledPatriot View Post
Nomad: i was speaking about the idiotic paper masks, bandanas, gaiters, dust masks, and all the other silly crap people are hanging on their face. And i remembered the n-100 mask right after i posted. I have no idea if that mask filters out organisms that small as claimed, but if you want to wear one, go ahead.
Except: you werent:
Quote:
Hate to tell you kev, but a piece of t-shirt is NOT going to stop an organism .125 microns in size. Neither is an ear-loop mask, neither is a respirator, neither is the cute little flowered mask on the kiddies that grandma made on the Singer.

your just backpeddling when called on it.

Quote:
My issue is the mentality that we can outwait a virus with 95%+ asymptomatic carriers and a two week germination period in everybody by just forcing everybody to either put on their completely ineffective piece of paper, or go into unconstitutional house arrest.
I'll not bother talking about how people catch bugs, and how to strangle the spread. You would just argue with me so I'll leave it.

Quote:

If i am going to subscribe to the language of the debate, then "maskers" are no different to me than "vaxxers", both want to use government force to conform me to their will so that they feel better, and facts be damned.
Those damn government.... Making me wear pants in public, not letting me **** in the street, making anti-freedom laws regulating septic systems....

Quote:

Anyone who questions or has a different outlook be damned.

I have been working, in public, going shopping, going to the range, and i only wear this paper when my boss tells me to on my job because paycheck.

And i have not even caught the sniffles.
I 'm sitting here playing Russian roulet.
S o far so good.

Ann D I haven't even shot myself.
(Its apparently proof I wont)

Quote:

Like i said, you do you. But I will NOT comply and wear that damned mask just because other people's feelings and fear.

If you are high risk, STAY HOME OR TAKE YOUR CHANCES, just like the rest of us have to do.
I won't follow government anti-freedom laws about my septic system, I keep yellow cake uranium in my car, I'd don't care that anyone near me could get radiation poisoning.
I use the street in my subdivision as a rifle range.... FREEDOM!!!!

Take your chances.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 09:47 PM
Survivor

Thanked 12,125 Times in 6,126 Posts

It seems you going to get the bug one way or another, the precautions are only slowing the process not stopping it.
The Following User Says Thank You to arleigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 10:03 PM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 87,041 Times in 24,940 Posts

LOL. Police do a Mask tackle.

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-...sk-tim-hortons

Then the supervisor (I think), comes in. No mask on.

Meanwhile the French lady filming it is hacking up a lung.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2020, 10:15 PM
Offline starting sept 1st

Thanked 1,060 Times in 494 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
LOL. Police do a Mask tackle.

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-...sk-tim-hortons

Then the supervisor (I think), comes in. No mask on.

Meanwhile the French lady filming it is hacking up a lung.
It was a trespass issue until today now all the the province has a mandatory mask policy requring anyone in an indoor public place to wear a mask otherwise it is a provincial offence. (non criminal violation). The trespass is also a non criminal offence but it is quebec civil code. However "breach of peace" and refusal to follow the orders of a police office, and resisting arrest are criminal offences. So if you refuse to leave when you are asked to and stop the police from removing you then you are resisting a trespass arrest and offences against police are essentially felony's so it becomes a serious issue pretty fast. Like jail time serious.

Canada is not in the same boat as the US canada's case count is a fraction of the US.

If a business says wear a mask on their property you have to otherwrise it is tresspassing.

Same applies to shirts and shoes or any other behavior, policies on eating practices, use of utensils anything.

Quebec is doing the worst out of all Canada but that is still probably better than all US states.

It is no joke. It is a massive public violation endagering peoples lives and wellbeing and threatening the entire economy.

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/masks-no...ebec-1.5029564

Mandatory masks in all public places.

Canada does not want to be in a situation that the US is.

People under 12 and those having medical condition that precludes them from wearing one are exempted.

Canada is still containing the virus, while the US has rampant spread.

There were a few hundred cases today in Canada vs the US's 73000 or so. 10 deaths vs the USs 1000

It is a state of emergency, and public health emergency. People are just being stupid putting the public at risk by not wearing a mask. Canada doesn't want to suffer the fate of the US.

Canada's health care system is public so itis tax payers on the hook if anyone gets sick. The federal deficit is already 50% of GDP and there has only been a fraction of the cases in the US.Canada can't print money the same way as the US can to fix their problems by reducing the value of the weath that foreign holders of US equity have due to not being a global reserve currency.

Public health and safety trumps private retail rights in Canada. It is a requirement of doing business in Quebec now that everyone in an indoor public place must be masked and for good reason. The alternative is those places not being open to the public.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William Ashley For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2020, 03:28 PM
Green Eggs and Spam

Thanked 10,009 Times in 2,812 Posts

Now I know why I wasn't looked at funny while masked...

COVID DIY Masks

The Following User Says Thank You to Sprig For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2020, 04:08 PM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 87,041 Times in 24,940 Posts

I turned on the TV. Women's beach volleyball match in progress, Live in California. No masks!

Oh, the humanity!

Beautiful, tanned athletic women. hugging it out on the big plays. No masks.

Each time they hug, another elderly person dies.

Be afraid! Fear! Fear! Fear!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-19-2020, 04:22 PM
Mod Certified PITA!

Thanked 21,902 Times in 7,896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmaha View Post
Hysterics? I wear a mask. Just like you.
Then you shouldn't be hysterical. Or sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Black.Dog~ View Post
Non-maskers simply want the choice to be theirs. For the most part, I don't see them getting upset because other people decide to wear them. It's the maskers who apparently feel threatened enough by the unmasked that they point them out and make judgments on their intelligence and character.
Just look at this thread. People who don't wear masks are apparently uneducated idiots who only care about themselves. I've seen a bazillion Facebook posts started by pro-mask Karen's about the people they saw in the grocery store not wearing masks and determining what stores they will shop at based on their mask policy. I learned from one of these posts that it's better for us locals to drive over to VA to shop because the dumb hillbillies in WV are too stupid to know what's good for them. I am amazed at the insults thrown at people they don't even know. All while they are not wearing an effective mask and not following any safe practice with their masks.
Yesterday I was in Walmart. I was wearing a properly sanitized and worn P100 half mask. All employees and most customers were wearing masks. From bandanas to flimsy synthetic gators to paper surgical masks to homemade cotton and N95's. A significant portion of people had them under their noses, including half the employees. Two women that I followed all the way across the store did have their flimsy masks over their noses but each time they spoke to eachother, which was a constant back and forth, they leaned in close and pulled their mask under their chin to talk. In every store I went to, including the Walmart pharmacy, the clerks leaned around their plexiglas shields, often with nose and or mouth exposed, to talk to customers. Nobody commented, criticized or attempted to educate any of these people. An unmasked person posed no more threat to the masked than any of these people.
On the other hand, at the same time my wife was in another store without her mask. She got snide comments twice while she was in the store and rude stares from others.
So, who is hysterical?

Your comments are noted, thank you.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:59 PM
Possum Lover

Notice he never responded to my comment.

It is not a matter of "I will get sick if I don't wear a mask" it is "My husband could end up in ICU if you don't wear a mask"

So yeah, I have a problem with bad dogs who say "**** you I am going to do what I want" and refuse to wear a mask.

On Facebook a woman was saying she pulls he mask down off her nose when she gets tired of it. And couldn't understand why that was a problem as she 'felt fine". I told her most contagious people did - that was the nature of this virus.