Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-15-2020, 10:45 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,513 Times in 477 Posts

Advertise Here

I wear a 3m 6502 half mask with 2 P100 2297 filters. No breathing resistance and comfortable. Also the carbon filter makes it easy to know its fit right. No way I want to catch this. If you dont wear a mask dont come bitching when you end up with a tube down your throat.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elsapo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2020, 10:48 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 156,838 Times in 45,467 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadwing View Post
it’s no big deal and doesn’t infringe on anything! It’s a public health preventative.
Exactly. It's being socially responsible. They can insist that people should stay home if they don't want to get sick. But those folks have the same responsibilities, jobs, grocery needs, same errands to run, etc. They also have the same right to pursue life and happiness.

Gone are the days when people actually looked after each other. Now we're in a dog eat dog, me first, society where people step over someone on the ground having a heart attack. This is what happens when we give up personal responsibility, and hire a government big enough to do all that stuff for us. It's not up to the individual to care about others. That's the government's job. And this is the end result of generations of that type of conditioning. That along with the whole "I'm a grownup now, and nobody can tell me what to do" thing. The moderators deal with that very thing here more often than you'd believe.

A classic sign of the lack of personal responsibility is the attitude of "if they get hurt by something I do, it's their fault, not mine."
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2020, 10:49 PM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 11,193 Times in 4,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
I dunno the benfits of clean air are so horrible. I mean cleaner air free of dust and other particles.

Seriously man has that much of america never worn PPE before. It is mandatory at lots of work sites even without the virus.

People are just stupid and I bet cheap.
no more stupid than people running around with a mask on....see how that works?
These same people probably don't wear underware or condoms either. Total morons.so is underwear and condoms being mandated by .Gov?
These are the same idiots who arn't wearing safety glasses while working with power tools.us grownups who operate power tools are wear safety glasses to protect our own eyes...not anyone else
Ignoramousous not wearing hearing protection when around loud equipment or shooting guns.again...itís personal choice...and protects the user

If they were advertised as "Free" more people would wear them.
nope ... cost doesnít matter

Get your FREE life saving masks here!i ll take it...and give it away

If it were a status symbol of wealth some of the hold outs would probably wear them.

If they actually had masks that protected people that wore them rather than other people more people would wear them.they do have them...

Such a morally debased society.

There is absolutely no reason not to wear a safety mask and so many reasons to wear it. Here is a reason.... I donít need to wear one...Iím immune.

No brainer here.You need other people to do your thinking for you

It is honesty a form of illness that people would not wear a mask to save other peoples lives.

I bet all those places that banned religious face coverings looking like idiots now.

I really hope people are just too cheap/poor to buy them because the alternative is low IQ.

This is a survivalist / prepper forum people... like seriously, why is this even a discussion?And yet... the piece of cloth on your face doesnít do squat to help you survive.

I have multiple gas masks and had a bag full of N95s way before this even broke out in October. Why are you worried then?

I am thinking most people aware would not be questioning if to wear a mask but where to buy more from a safe supply source and delivery chain.
If you want to wear one...good for you.
Not everyone wants to wear one. Some people donít need to wear one
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2020, 11:08 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 156,838 Times in 45,467 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_Rafe View Post
Corona Virus average size: 120 nm
Oxygen molecule average size: 292 pm or 0.292 nm

If it stops oxygen, it stops the virus.

Funny how my 60+ year old mother with COPD could wear a mask when she went out, but many healthy men and women in their prime faint when seeing the masks.
It doesn't stop oxygen. It slightly impedes airflow, as any restriction does. I also have COPD. I can breath in a mask though it's a little more of a struggle than breathing without one. I hate them, but I wear them when it's needed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2020, 12:28 AM
Only politics *****.

Thanked 8,655 Times in 3,503 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
It doesn't stop oxygen. It slightly impedes airflow, as any restriction does. I also have COPD. I can breath in a mask though it's a little more of a struggle than breathing without one. I hate them, but I wear them when it's needed.
It does, but if it impedes airflow, it sure as hell will have an effect on the much bigger virus particles. They can't say, in the same breath, that it doesn't stop the virus but causes serious oxygen issues.

Funnily, most people not used to wearing a mask, start to breathe more shallow, instead of deeper, thereby causing their own actual breathing issues. If people with actual lung issues can wear it, so can almost everyone else.
The Following User Says Thank You to IC_Rafe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2020, 12:39 AM
Offline starting sept 1st

Thanked 1,058 Times in 493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench708 View Post
If you want to wear one...good for you.
Not everyone wants to wear one. Some people don’t need to wear one THE RETARDS WHO ARE GOING OUT AND KILLING OTHER PEOPLE AND DONT GIVE A DAMN BECUASE THEY ARE CRIMALLY INSANE OR HAVE SUBHUMAN INTELLIGENCE
You are wasting too much of my time by replying in my own text quote. Please quote seperately if you want responses to your comments.

I am sorry you don't understand the science. I am sorry you don't understand that you are not immune. I am sorry you do not understand you can kill other people if you don't wear a mask.

Unforunately there are some things you can't fix.

That is why cops are there to throw you in an isolation cell so you don't go out and spread a transmissible disease and kill hundreds or thousands of people as a result.

There are poeple who have AIDS who think the same way as you, and yes it is illegal for them to have sex with people and transmit disease to them. This is no different. You go out in public and you are royally messing with peoples lives. Whether you realize it or not. You ARE NOT IMMUNE. No one is permanently immune. Just because the virus isn't in your throat, and I doubt you get daily swab tests, that are 50% false negative anyway.

You think just cause you don't like something you don't need to do it in society. Seriously. You have massive issues if you think that way.

If you can kill someone by doing something and people say thats not ok you should get that.

If you don't you should be locked up.

The fact you don't get that not wearing a mask while in locations in close contact with others or enclosed buildings that the public has access, only furthers the point that people cannot be trusted to self regulate on this issue because they are endangering other peoples lives. And public endangerment is a crime.

You just have the inability to comprehend you can transmit the virus.

The fact you think you are immune only has me think you are not right mentally.

Please do share why you are genetically immune and unceceptible, non human creature who posts to this board? Are you a snake, a whale, a burrito? What how do you not have the capacity to not become infected by this virus that all humans are suceptible to?

Seriously do you recognize your own delusions of grandeur, please say you do.

============

People. Not all masks are created equal. However having fabric between your face and a virus does help reduce the effect and lethality. People saying it doesn't do not understand science or how this virus functions. Obviously some masks provide more benefit than others.

However.

1. Masks do help in all the countries that arn't filled with people infected with covid they use them - there is clinical evidence for you.

2. No one is immune, and if you think you have superpowers other people don't you are insane.

If you arn't mentally retarded or insane, please wear face coverings to prevent spread to the public.

For those who are mentally retarded and insane please turn yourself in so you don't kill members of the public because you are out of touch with reality.

======

For benefit of the doubt anyone who thinks they are immune please share why you are immune. VALID REASONS ARE NOT

1. Cause I was sick already so I can't get it again - FALSE people can be reinfected or have their virus reactivated.
2. God protects me from all illness - You have a right to your religion but unless your God prevents you from getting sinners sick and dying too that is not a valid reason.

There is no permanent immunity. If you think there is you are way out of date on the facts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William Ashley For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2020, 12:50 AM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 86,852 Times in 24,895 Posts

Quote:
It does, but if it impedes airflow, it sure as hell will have an effect on the much bigger virus particles. They can't say, in the same breath, that it doesn't stop the virus but causes serious oxygen issues.

Funnily, most people not used to wearing a mask, start to breathe more shallow, instead of deeper, thereby causing their own actual breathing issues. If people with actual lung issues can wear it, so can almost everyone else.
you have no idea what you are talking about. Mike explained it to you and you still don't understand.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
you have no idea what you are talking about. Mike explained it to you and you still don't understand.
Different masks have different designs there is no golden goose.

That said N95s have around a 5% reduction in oxygen but people wear these masks in work places all the time and they gain health benefits from them by filtering out harmful contaminants from the air they breath. That drop is due to masks that do not have outflow valves so the oxygen mixture is not as rich.

The amount of oxygen in air is more than enough to maintain life evne with a 5% drop in airflow.

The public is not in anyway harmed by a slightly richer CO2 basis over short periods and slightly lower O2 levels... again the masks are suppose to be worn occupationally or when in public. PPE is already mandated by OSHA anyway, and there is no cases that these masks cause health effects after decades of use.

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/covid-19/covid-19-faq.html

In fact we have been subjected to a 25% increase of CO2 in our ambient air over our recent history and people arn't complaining much about it yet. No one cares if the air gets filled with CO2 so why care if you are breathing more CO2?

Just be sure not to use a faulty mask, as much like putting a plastic bag over your head you want to make sure you can breath in your mask no one likes when they are in a situation where they have to say.

I CANT BREATH

get a mask that allows you to breath but also protects you and the public. Definately avoid masks that have CALL 911 on them.

Don't buy a vanity mask as they can be lethal if you are having difficulty breathing. It means you have a really bad mask. If you arn't smart enough to know how to pick a cloth mask that you won't have your breathing restricted in a bad way, consult with a doctor who can provide you with advice on what masks are medically advised to protect you.

Dude if your mask makes it hard for you to breath or you don't like how it feels get one that is comfortable and works and isn't bad for you.

Again ITS NOT ABOUT YOU, its about the public. Get over yourself already. It is summer not winter so stop being a snowflake.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to William Ashley For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2020, 01:07 AM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 86,852 Times in 24,895 Posts

Quote:
Different masks have different designs there is no golden goose.

That said N95s have around a 5% reduction in oxygen but people wear these masks in work places all the time and they gain health benefits from them by filtering out harmful contaminants from the air they breath. That drop is due to masks that do not have outflow valves so the oxygen mixture is not as rich.

The amount of oxygen in air is more than enough to maintain life evne with a 5% drop in airflow.

The public is not in anyway harmed by a slightly richers CO2 basis over short periods and slightly lower O2 levels... again the masks are suppose to be worn occupationally or when in public. PPE is already mandated by OSHA anyway, and there is no cases that these masks cause health effects after decades of use.
He was saying that the cloth masks are actually filtering out oxygen molecules. And that since these molecules are smaller than a virus, the masks must easily remove all viruses. Which is extremely wrong.

The issue with masks is simply that they impose some frictional obstruction to air flow. So the wearer has to do more work to get each breath. And of course there is some dead volume, that once exhaled, is inhaled again). This is what lowers the O2 concentration, not the filtering of individual molecules. Good grief, simple cloth masks are not R/O membranes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2020, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme11 View Post
He was saying that the cloth masks are actually filtering out oxygen molecules. And that since these molecules are smaller than a virus, the masks must easily remove all viruses. Which is extremely wrong.

The issue with masks is simply that they impose some frictional obstruction to air flow. So the wearer has to do more work to get each breath. And of course there is some dead volume, that once exhaled, is inhaled again). This is what lowers the O2 concentration, not the filtering of individual molecules. Good grief, simple cloth masks are not R/O membranes.
I think he was being sarcastic when he was comparing people not getting oxygen with not getting the virus.

However the point is yes, reduced airflow means less intake off fresh air and less contaminants.

Again what makes some n95s special is that their mesh DOES filter virus as any mesh smaller than about 124 nanometers will filter out the virus particles, while still allowing oxygen to flow.

People do need to breath and exert more for the same airflow but generally speaking people can get enough air to function .. now anyone who has worn a gas mask or particulate filter knows it will get hott and humid as you keep more mositure trapped in because the moisture particles can't filter out, they can't fiilter in, that is why you can only wear it safely for so long because the mask will absorb the mositure into the fabric with time and allow virus particles to travle through a wet mask through a process of membrane transmission

However he is right that if it is blocking the oxygen it would also block the virus..

however I think that was a reply to the person saying they cant get enough oxygen in the mask because it stops oxygen.

Hope this clears it up.

Good masks should IMPROVE air quality, not reduce it. Take away is get a good mask not a bad one.
It is recognized cost and availability can be issues but I have worn a variety of masks and even an old tshirt can easily be turned into a multi layer cotton mask, all you need is a cotton tshirt. I have been out in gas masks and they are way way more restrictive than most cloth masks. A simple cotton mask is all that is needed and they can be incredibly comfortable and even help keep you cool in hot temperature. A white cotton mask made from a white cotton tshirt can help protect you from sun exposure. If I am out running with one on you can definately walk with one.
The Following User Says Thank You to William Ashley For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2020, 01:38 AM
Who Dares Wins

Thanked 1,482 Times in 291 Posts

Heck, If little Johnny wants to run out on the Interstate with out looking both ways first, let him. He might make it across once or maybe even twice but sooner or later your going to hear a big SPLAT! Oh well, there goes Johnny! I look both ways first before crossing. Kind of like wearing a mask or not. Those who won’t, sooner or later SPLAT too!

You just can’t change some people’s minds, nor is it worth it. Better to just ignore them from now on, let them pontificate all they want! The Anti maskers, and their opinions aren’t important at all in the scheme of things for the rest of us who will wear masks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Broadwing For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2020, 01:38 AM
Basket of deplorables

Thanked 6,276 Times in 1,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
I am curious to know how many will quit their jobs when masks/temps and testing become required?
I would also like to know how/where they will obtain medical insurance outside of an employer-provided plan, where the above are not part of a complete physical which is usually required for acceptance.
You have talked over and over about how you are Native American. If that be true..... You have healthcare and so does your "Husband" You talk about how bad things are and constantly gripe about how you can't afford anything. You recently posted something about baiting hooks and carrying beer for some who calls you honey or some such for doing so at minimum wage. I'm not going for it, I'm calling some Bravo Sierra but if it gets you and this forum a post count more power to you. Politics aside post count matters over right and wrong and you seem to have found your niche for whatever reason to benefit someone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2020, 01:52 AM
Basket of deplorables

Thanked 6,276 Times in 1,645 Posts

Quote:

You seem to forget about people who are "required" to wear masks the entire time they are at work. They become saturated and makes breathing difficult at best. How about those who are working in high heat environments working manual labor? Have you ever worked a extremely physically demanding job and add in summer heat? I'm sure you will respond with some leftist foolishness agenda. Oh yes, that never entered the socialist equation about wearing a mask in a high heat/high physical exertion environment. Maybe our Military as a whole should just sit by the wayside.

If there isn't a supply of masks everyone reuses their own where they are "required" to wear one. It does little to spread anything. It does a whole lot to do with discomfort and foolishness here. Maybe where you live in your socialist utopia these things are supplied at your expense where it works for you. Maybe come over here and live for a few years rather than griping about your disdain on a continual basis for the way we handle our business. Unless of course you are an ex-pat with some form of an axe to grind that nobody really cares about.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2020, 02:34 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 20,535 Times in 6,545 Posts

Wearing the mask isn't the issue.

If it needs explaining you won't get it anyway.
Old 07-16-2020, 03:23 AM
Survivor

Thanked 26,456 Times in 8,146 Posts

Mask shaming. How wonderfully progressive.

The insistence on wearing masks is a political move. Especially when you see how poorly most of the sheeple wear them.

Iím sure people thought the Jews shouldnít have complained about wearing the Star, either. I mean...whatís it going to hurt, right?

You go ahead and let them indoctrinate you some more. Iím not playing along.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2020, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajole View Post
Mask shaming. How wonderfully progressive.

The insistence on wearing masks is a political move. Especially when you see how poorly most of the sheeple wear them.

I’m sure people thought the Jews shouldn’t have complained about wearing the Star, either. I mean...what’s it going to hurt, right?

You go ahead and let them indoctrinate you some more. I’m not playing along.
All human life is sacred. Being humane and respectful of others is important.

The alternative would not be good for everyone or maybe even you.
Old 07-16-2020, 04:52 AM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Quote:
You are wasting too much of my time by replying in my own text quote. Please quote seperately if you want responses to your comments.

I am sorry you don't understand the science. I am sorry you don't understand that you are not immune. I am sorry you do not understand you can kill other people if you don't wear a mask.

Unforunately there are some things you can't fix.

That is why cops are there to throw you in an isolation cell so you don't go out and spread a transmissible disease and kill hundreds or thousands of people as a result.

There are poeple who have AIDS who think the same way as you, and yes it is illegal for them to have sex with people and transmit disease to them. This is no different. You go out in public and you are royally messing with peoples lives. Whether you realize it or not. You ARE NOT IMMUNE. No one is permanently immune. Just because the virus isn't in your throat, and I doubt you get daily swab tests, that are 50% false negative anyway.

You think just cause you don't like something you don't need to do it in society. Seriously. You have massive issues if you think that way.

If you can kill someone by doing something and people say thats not ok you should get that.

If you don't you should be locked up.

The fact you don't get that not wearing a mask while in locations in close contact with others or enclosed buildings that the public has access, only furthers the point that people cannot be trusted to self regulate on this issue because they are endangering other peoples lives. And public endangerment is a crime.

You just have the inability to comprehend you can transmit the virus.

The fact you think you are immune only has me think you are not right mentally.

Please do share why you are genetically immune and unceceptible, non human creature who posts to this board? Are you a snake, a whale, a burrito? What how do you not have the capacity to not become infected by this virus that all humans are suceptible to?

Seriously do you recognize your own delusions of grandeur, please say you do.

============

People. Not all masks are created equal. However having fabric between your face and a virus does help reduce the effect and lethality. People saying it doesn't do not understand science or how this virus functions. Obviously some masks provide more benefit than others.

However.

1. Masks do help in all the countries that arn't filled with people infected with covid they use them - there is clinical evidence for you.

2. No one is immune, and if you think you have superpowers other people don't you are insane.

If you arn't mentally retarded or insane, please wear face coverings to prevent spread to the public.

For those who are mentally retarded and insane please turn yourself in so you don't kill members of the public because you are out of touch with reality.

======

For benefit of the doubt anyone who thinks they are immune please share why you are immune. VALID REASONS ARE NOT

1. Cause I was sick already so I can't get it again - FALSE people can be reinfected or have their virus reactivated.
2. God protects me from all illness - You have a right to your religion but unless your God prevents you from getting sinners sick and dying too that is not a valid reason.

There is no permanent immunity. If you think there is you are way out of date on the facts.
Does it bother you that some of us don’t buy into your paranoid tactics?
Masks should not be mandated .. people still have some rights. If you give up ...you will be expected to wear a rag on your face forever. It all started out with ...if you are somewhere that you can’t keep at least 6 feet apart...wear a mask.
Now it’s...you must wear a mask everywhere
This is stupid.
What’s next? Will .gov start to require driving with masks? Will you be required to wear a mask in your house? All under penalty of law. How about requiring that you sleep with a mask on? I guess if .gov decides to make it mandatory...you will follow along ..
As for immunity... sorry if I have it and you don’t. How long will it last? No one knows. It’s lasting longer than you want to admit . Covid19 has been infecting for 8 months now or more across the world. Millions have been infected and recovered. If you were infected ...got sick...and didn’t die...and recovered...
Millions have recovered....where are those millions of re-infections ? They haven’t happened yet ... have they?
Nope
You can keep crying those same liberal statements ...”you are killing people”. No one is killing anyone
Are you really hiding out in a basement in Mexico? You should go out and buy some tacos and tequila
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2020, 05:14 AM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 35,507 Times in 9,578 Posts

Taking vitamin D and zinc with a healthy diet and exercise will do much more for keeping you from succumbing to covid-19 than a mask will. From what I'm seeing the worst cases are those that are vitamin D deficient.
Old 07-16-2020, 05:53 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,456 Times in 1,543 Posts

My wife has panic attacks. One of her triggers is the feeling of a lack of air. She can keep it together for a few minutes, less than 10, but much longer and she'll go full blow psycho. She had a brain tumor removed several years ago resulting in this issue and no amount of counseling will fix that trigger. At one point shortly before her tumor removal she worked in pest control and wore a mask everyday without issue. Those days are long gone. As a result if she doesn't have to wear a mask she doesn't. If she will have to wear it for longer than a few minutes she won't go to those places.

I have a different medical condition that results in heat intolerance increasing my level of physical disability for a short period until I can cool down. The mask increases the temperature around my face which then decreases cooling. As a result the wearing of a mask for longer than a few minutes results in me not being able to walk or function properly for several hours. So nope I won't wear a mask for longer than a few minutes. If I need to wear it for longer than that I won't go to that location.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2020, 06:27 AM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/lo...5a38f65ea.html

The Governor of my home state of Georgia gets it.

No mask mandate