Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 07-14-2020, 03:21 PM
Bear Fighter

Location: North of the 45th Parallel, West of the 115th Meridian
Thanked 2,398 Times in 902 Posts
Default Seriously, is it that bad to wear a mask?

Advertise Here

"You can't make me do it!" "I will not comply!"

Do you smoke inside public buildings?

Do you wear a seat belt?

Do you stop at red lights?

I don't wear one when I'm at home, in my rig, on my property, outside away from everyone else . . . but when I'm in a supermarket, crowded space, etc, I wear it. Because I'm not a jackass.

Okay, flame away, but really, how hard is it?
Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2020, 03:39 PM
Survivor

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is 2nd home - Rustbelt is home base
Thanked 5,059 Times in 1,611 Posts

OP...they are the bad boys and bad girls. You know...the rebels!

I wear gloves and a mask. I want to live long enuf for dem hunting licenses to be issued.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Confederate FLag.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	307050  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slackercruster For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 03:47 PM
Survivor

Thanked 25,339 Times in 7,203 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area Man View Post

Do you wear a seat belt?

I don't wear one when I'm at home, in my rig, on my property, outside away from everyone else . . . but when I'm in a supermarket, crowded space, etc, I wear it. Because I'm not a jackass.

Its just a political thing for them. For their kind, EVERYTHING is political.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2020, 03:50 PM
Who Dares Wins

Thanked 1,482 Times in 291 Posts

Oh boy, this will get the Anti-Maskers cranked up!

I wear mine when out, it’s no big deal and doesn’t infringe on anything! It’s a public health preventative. I’ve got bigger issues I’m worried about!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Broadwing For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 04:24 PM
Bear Fighter

Location: North of the 45th Parallel, West of the 115th Meridian
Thanked 2,398 Times in 902 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
Its just a political thing for them. For their kind, EVERYTHING is political.
Maybe. And maybe if Big Don wasn't in the white house it'd be a whole different thing.

But, take that bullet out of their gun, so to speak. Wear it, and then they don't get to complain about it.

Yes, they'll find something else to come at you with, but whatever.
The Following User Says Thank You to Area Man For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 04:33 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area Man View Post

Do you wear a seat belt?

Every one of your examples were things that people mocked and fought against like crazy until the govt required it and people slowly got used to it and now could barely imagine it any other way.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lasers For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 04:34 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,710 Times in 11,034 Posts

I/we wear one when we think it is a good idea which is usually when we are shopping but as soon as I am out of the store and away from others, I pull it down so I can breathe. I don't see why it has to be politicized but it seems that everything is nowadays.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 04:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,162 Times in 1,906 Posts

I REALLY dislike the government telling everybody what they should do! I do wear a mask when I'm supposed to but it is purely out of respect of others. It also has the bonus of grey man these days too.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stroo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 04:49 PM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 86,852 Times in 24,895 Posts

Because some people are already marginally oxygenating without a mask. Add that mask and they get woozy and do a face plant. Or they get stupid and walk in front of a car.

And the masks are not effective in preventing any virus infection.

And the government is overstepping its authority.

And the danger has been exaggerated. Treat the patients ASAP with Zinc and HCQ and the mortality rate drops to crazy low numbers.

Anyway, you asked. Hey, maybe you could wear 2 or 3 masks since they don't impair breathing? Oh, that would impair breathing. So yes, 1 mask impairs breathing.

And some of us have already had the damn virus and would like to not wear a mask for something we are already immune to. And repeated exposure prolongs that immunity, which is highly desirable.

But don't let logic sway you.

Be a good parrot and repeat the mantra.
Wear your mask. Be considerate of others. no pain, no gain. Feel the burn. I am a good little comrade. Dial 911 if you see someone without a mask. Buy special masks that highlite your virtue signalling. Maybe get one with flashing lights.

There, that should make broadwing happy.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 76,055 Times in 23,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasers View Post
Every one of your examples were things that people mocked and fought against like crazy until the govt required it and people slowly got used to it and now could barely imagine it any other way.
Growing up a buddies dad would cut the belts out of every truck he bought.

Saw someone burn to death in a wreck.

I was wearing a (real) mask when the government was telling us not to.
Likewise I wore a helmet (and full body gear) on my motorcycle even in States without helmet laws. (I've also pegged the Speedo on every bike I've ever owned.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 04:50 PM
That'll be the day...

Thanked 12,160 Times in 2,564 Posts

I wear glasses and the surgical masks are horrible. Within 2 minutes my glasses fog up and nothing I have done to adjust the mask fixes that issue. I purchased 100 of these masks, mainly for the wife as she is an educator and will be going back to work shortly, with a mask requirement.

Now, I also purchased a bunch of N95's back in February and those are awesome. No fogging of glasses and I can actually breathe better with the N95 than with the cheap surgical mask.

I never wear masks outside in the out of doors. Healthy people wearing masks when the walk their dogs are complete idiots in my opinion.

I always keep a mask in my hind pocket in case I need one, but out of respect to others, I put on a mask when I walk in a store. Let me be clear... it is for them, not me.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Big_John For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 04:51 PM
Indefatigable

Thanked 46,571 Times in 14,235 Posts

I am curious to know how many will quit their jobs when masks/temps and testing become required?
I would also like to know how/where they will obtain medical insurance outside of an employer-provided plan, where the above are not part of a complete physical which is usually required for acceptance.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 05:09 PM
Hunter

Thanked 3,599 Times in 1,293 Posts

No big deal whatsoever. I wear one when in the stores.I don't when driving or around my house. I can breath just fine. If you cant, you are doing something wrong. If you can barely get a breath in while sitting in the wheelchair, perhaps it would be I'll advised to be out and about anyway since a mild cold or a couple flakes of pollen will put you in the grave.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hound Dog For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 05:11 PM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 86,852 Times in 24,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound Dog View Post
No big deal whatsoever. I wear one when in the stores.I don't when driving or around my house. I can breath just fine. If you cant, you are doing something wrong. If you can barely get a breath in while sitting in the wheelchair, perhaps it would be I'll advised to be out and about anyway since a mild cold or a couple flakes of pollen will put you in the grave.
Yes, yes, and all those people that need a cane to walk around. Just kick that damn cane out from under them. By damn, if they can't walk without a cane, they shouldn't be out in public.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 05:12 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,968 Posts
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
I am curious to know how many will quit their jobs when masks/temps and testing become required?
I would also like to know how/where they will obtain medical insurance outside of an employer-provided plan, where the above are not part of a complete physical which is usually required for acceptance.
"You will hear of wars and rumors of wars ... For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom." (Matt 24:6-7)

"The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence" (Gen 6:11)

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power ..." (2 Tim 3:1-5)

"Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days." (Jam 5:3)

"... distress of nations, with perplexity ... men's hearts failing them for fear ..." (Luke 21:25-6)

"... for by thy (speaking of Babylon) sorceries were all nations deceived." (Rev 18:23). The word "sorceries" is translated from the Greek work "pharmakeia" from which we get the word English word "pharmacy." There are major drug companies (with government involvement) who are promoting drugs as the only cure of disease

Revelations 13:17 "And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name."

But hey, it's just a mask, right?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tortminder For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 05:14 PM
Survivor

Thanked 25,339 Times in 7,203 Posts

Fail.

Everyone knows that 13:17 is about credit cards.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 05:24 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,715 Times in 2,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasers View Post
There is also more than ample evidence that not doing these things puts you at greater risk of injury or damage to health.
With masks there is not really evidence that they will help. Especially with the lackadaisical way people use them.
We do know that even if you wear a mask and follow stringent hygiene/handwashing procedures you can still get the COVID, as evidenced by the number of healthcare workers who have gotten it. On the flip side, I know of many people who have not masked up and not been infected.
Not scientific at all, of course, but there is lack of evidence the other way, too.
Having said that, I do wear a mask in stores. Not because I think its helping anything. But to avoid conflict with people who believe they are doing the right thing. It's not worth it to me to waste time arguing about it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Black.Dog~ For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 05:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 30,234 Times in 7,220 Posts

I don't know. Maybe I'll start a mask thread and ask. There haven't been 4 on the same page in at least a week.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 06:11 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,710 Times in 11,034 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound Dog View Post
Like I said, I wear a mask when it is prudent, but having congestive heart failure it is sometimes difficult and I have to take it off ASAP.
The Following User Says Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 06:54 PM
Retired Army

Thanked 20,299 Times in 4,317 Posts

Personally I could give a rat's butt if you choose to wear a mask.

I do, however, care if the government is deciding to tell me when I MUST wear one... That's basically the issue here.

People on both sides of the issue all claim to have "evidence" that their conclusions are correct. Here's mine... I did 28 years in the military, 24 Army, 4 Air force. For 8 of those years, 4 each Army, & Air Force, my job entailed Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical weapons defense. During that time frame (Pre Y2K, and 9/11) I was trained quite a bit on the threat that we faced from other nation states, and from terror groups. This info included a lot of medical information about biological agents. (to this day my biggest fear thanks to this duty) My security clearance was secret at first, then upgraded to top secret because the information on what other nations had (probably still have) was stuff that didn't need to get out. Though nowhere close to medical dr training, I did learn a lot about these bugs. How they attacked the body, how they were transmitted, vectors that could be used, micron size of the particles, how virulent they were, mortality rates, and a slew of other crap I can't begin to remember now thanks to getting hit with an IED in 2004.

What I DO remember is that something with a low mortality rate like COVID-19 is not a big concern. At least not yet. Maybe if it morphs into something else, or worse... if it gets weaponized into something else. As it is right now, it's far less troublesome than the common flu.

It's new, so it's perfect for being used as a political tool to control people with fear.

This may be a new bug, but like any other... it's not going away. It's here now. Same as the flu. We're gonna be dealing with this thing from now on. Not just till the election... forever... It's not worth destroying our economy over. It's not worth any of the crap they're doing to us over it. There was 1,000 ways to die before, now there's 1,001. Deal with it, and drive on. This last one ain't even scary, unless you let them scare you with it.

BUT, if you want to wear a mask, go for it.

By the way, when you're in the hospital, or the Dr office, and the doc comes in to see you, he might have a mask and gloves on right? Ever notice, that when he leaves, he takes them off and throws them away? When he goes to see another patient he puts on fresh clean ones.

THAT is the proper way to use a mask.

These Nazis trying to get you to wear one all day, every day, at work, at the store, in school... THAT'S control. It has zero to do with preventing the spread of anything... except freedom.

Get COVID, feel like crap, get better, then get on with your life. If you die, tough... you had more chance to die of the flu, or a car crash.

There may very well be a global pandemic one day that will create havoc. Maybe even a man made one (God forbid) with a weaponized super bug. This, is NOT it. That day ever comes, you'll know what fear truly is. That's a genie you can't put back in the bottle.