Difference between the left and right - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Far Left & Left target CWP/CHL/CWP... Gator Monroe Firearms General Discussion 30 06-30-2016 04:04 PM
6 Cases of Pork Chops Left; 4 days left on Yoders Sale (to 29% off) JC Refuge Safecastle 5 03-06-2014 06:28 AM
Left handed, left eye dominant, but I shoot pistols with right hand. Is this bad? Shadow Pistol and Revolver Forum 10 03-04-2013 04:04 PM
What's the difference madcritter Jokes, Humor & Music 2 01-28-2012 03:52 PM
The Difference Ranger 6 Political News and Discussion 25 01-27-2012 10:21 PM
What's the difference? gamgee Jokes, Humor & Music 0 03-23-2011 12:38 PM
Difference between... wfs29223 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 0 05-12-2010 05:59 PM
Difference between... wfs29223 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 0 05-12-2010 05:58 PM
what's the difference AKman Military Weapons Forum 4 10-06-2009 08:01 PM
What is the difference drewfromden Firearms General Discussion 5 09-07-2008 03:32 PM

Old 09-13-2016, 10:30 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 4,757 Times in 1,654 Posts

Advertise Here

EVERY liberal effort is an effort to upset the natural distribution of influence, wealth, and power and tilt the scales in order to favor those who are too mentally or physically weak to gain influence, wealth, and power through hard work and effort

the reason being liberal doesn't and never has worked, is inherent in the duplicitous nature of liberalism

they seek to tilt the balance of power, but in order to do that, they have to become powerful (by forming a mob), in order for the mob to gain power, they need to be organized, in order to be organized, they need leadership, leaders who gain power in this manner don't know how to handle that power because they didn't earn it, they took it...this then becomes the only skill they know...how to take things from people and give them to other people
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaffeineBuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 12:21 PM
gagged

Thanked 9,601 Times in 2,737 Posts

Your Empathy Quotient score was*36*out of a possible 80.

Scores above 30 are generally not indicitive of an Autism Spectrum disorder.

So I am not Autistic, just almost haha

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to orangenomad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 12:44 PM
Survivor

Thanked 34,541 Times in 8,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangenomad View Post
Your Empathy Quotient score was*36*out of a possible 80.

Scores above 30 are generally not indicitive of an Autism Spectrum disorder.

So I am not Autistic, just almost haha

Well, I'm not autistic either. I'm just withdrawn. But it did try to tell me I may be. Since I'm sitting here with an [unloaded] M1A and looking for my camera to answer another post on another thread, I guess that may be a big thing.

Both I always scored high on IQ tests and never really cared for a lot of friends in my life, maybe I'm just antisocial. I've also been book smart- people dumb. Not sure what that means. But as I age, I'm finding myself forgetting more things so the whole book smart part may be overrated.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Bad Ombre

Thanked 6,269 Times in 2,473 Posts

It would be interesting to see if anyone who identifies as right of center will score above a 40.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:55 PM
gagged

Thanked 9,601 Times in 2,737 Posts

My sister once told me I was a cold hearted bitch, I told her if you are paying attention and grounded in reality life will do that to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to orangenomad For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 12:59 PM
Bad Ombre

Looks like so far, my hypothesis is 4/4

2 people self describe as on the left got above 40
2 people who self describe as on the right got under 40.
Old 09-13-2016, 01:06 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,338 Times in 2,547 Posts

I got a 31 and knew I would. I dont feel bad for people that have been told how to do something but still do it wrong and then complain because they are where they are.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marlin94 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 01:19 PM

I think the "right vs. left" concept is just a divisive way to oversimplify political discourse and allow for a two-party system to dominate American politics.

Both parties act primarily in the interest of private corporations, due to their reliance on campaign finance to retain office. Congressional representatives spend most of their time (6-8 hrs/day) fundraising. This is generally not fundraising from the general public, but from wealthy elites who buy access to political power.

Even though the average citizen is not represented by either party, joining one is almost a prerequisite to suffrage. For example, I can not participate in the Colorado caucus in any meaningful way because I am not a member of either party. Therefore, I have almost no influence on the primary process.

When you see people from the "opposing" party as individuals with similar political goals as yourself (mostly everyone wants to improve the well-being of their families and communities), you will realize that your true enemy is not the ideology of your neighbor, it is corporate subversion of our ideologies.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:03 PM
Hiker

Far Right... here. I scored a 19. I'm usually a nice guy and will help almost anyone out that is willing to help themselves. I am also a realist and realize I can only do so much and can't worry about everyone else's problems. My Mom has worried enough throughout her life, for everyone else. It rarely helps anything. My work ethic should not elevate the lifestyle of someone without much work ethic.

Good Luck and hard work often seem to be relative. HMMM??
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pondjumpr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 03:10 PM
Comm Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosinka View Post
I posit that the fundamental difference between the left and the right, is the capacity for empathy. More empathic people being generally more left-leaning, and less empathic, more right-leaning.

As a means of testing whether my hypothesis is correct, here is a test anyone who wants to can take to establish their "empathy quotient" (this is not, or at least should not be a politically based test) :

https://psychology-tools.com/empathy-quotient/
Score of 23.

More of a live and let live kind of guy. Basically I'm a fiscal conservative and Socially I don't really care as long as it is an informed choice and doesn't really impact anyone who is not involved.

Respectfully Submitted
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to darkwing For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 03:38 PM
Bad Ombre

So far my theory has proven right for the first 7 people who actually took the test.

We may be onto something here.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:08 PM
Survivor

Thanked 30,291 Times in 7,228 Posts

50 out of 80.

But given the definition of Empathy

Quote:
1.the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
There is a big difference between understanding the feelings of another and doing something based on those feelings. I can empathize with someone and not act on that empathy, because I realize acting on emotion is less likely to fix complex issues.

For example, I feel bad for the innocent people in poor areas of Chicago that are getting shot. I empathize with their situation, but don't understand why they don't do anything constructive like take control of their communities, turn in the criminals (likely don't because they're relatives), and squash the bad influences in their areas.

They think empathy means I give them something to make them feel better. But that's not what empathy means. I'm not giving money, time, or my gun rights to help them be safe. Especially, if they aren't going to stand up for themselves. A large BLM mob could clean up their part of town in a short time if they turned their anger to the people actually destroying their community.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 04:18 PM
Jihaadi GoBOOM

Thanked 8,113 Times in 3,150 Posts
Default Difference between the left and right?

I'm proud of my country.
I speak English but enjoy learning other languages.
I work to support myself and my family.
I respect that others have a different opinion.
I don't **** where I sleep.
I'm still the same sex I was when I was born...
Old 09-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Bad Ombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmaha View Post
50 out of 80.

But given the definition of Empathy

There is a big difference between understanding the feelings of another and doing something based on those feelings. I can empathize with someone and not act on that empathy, because I realize acting on emotion is less likely to fix complex issues.

For example, I feel bad for the innocent people in poor areas of Chicago that are getting shot. I empathize with their situation, but don't understand why they don't do anything constructive like take control of their communities, turn in the criminals (likely don't because they're relatives), and squash the bad influences in their areas.

They think empathy means I give them something to make them feel better. But that's not what empathy means. I'm not giving money, time, or my gun rights to help them be safe. Especially, if they aren't going to stand up for themselves. A large BLM mob could clean up their part of town in a short time if they turned their anger to the people actually destroying their community.
Hey, we got the same score!

Where do you consider yourself to be along the left-right spectrum?

Btw, I agree with your post.
I observe as much emotionally based decision making on the right as I do on the left.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:45 PM
High Concept

Thanked 7,556 Times in 2,730 Posts

Those on the Left see through Marxist lenses.

Marxist ideology views everything as oppressor or oppressed, having empathy for for the oppressor is anathema, can never happen.

That's why feminists can have no empathy for males, men are oppressors, end of story. Feminism is just the extension of the Marxist class war taken into the gender war.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:51 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 4,757 Times in 1,654 Posts

scored 53 on the test, i'm a right wing wacko....most would agree with the wacko part for sure
The Following User Says Thank You to CaffeineBuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 07:06 PM
Joe McCarthy was Right!

Thanked 9,398 Times in 2,967 Posts

Quote:
I posit that the fundamental difference between the left and the right, is the capacity for empathy. More empathic people being generally more left-leaning, and less empathic, more right-leaning.

As a means of testing whether my hypothesis is correct, here is a test anyone who wants to can take to establish their "empathy quotient" (this is not, or at least should not be a politically based test) :

https://psychology-tools.com/empathy-quotient/
Ha. I got a 17.

Sounds about right since Id rather see people dead than have to pay for their problems.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crackshot For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 07:08 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Hey, we got the same score!

Where do you consider yourself to be along the left-right spectrum?

Btw, I agree with your post.
I observe as much emotionally based decision making on the right as I do on the left.
Every time I take a politicall test I come out close to 50/50 with a slight right slant. Because issues aren't defined by the party that claims them. I evaluate them individually. On those 4 square political tests, I come out a tick or two right and up from the cross hairs . So stuck in the middle. Again, mainly because I view issues separately.

I'm fiscally conservative and anti-authoritarian. Pro capitalism and don't care for the crony capitalism we have now. But I appreciate things like how well maintained non toll roads help travel and commerce.

Etc. Etc
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Bad Ombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOmaha View Post
Every time I take a politicall test I come out close to 50/50 with a slight right slant. Because issues aren't defined by the party that claims them. I evaluate them individually. On those 4 square political tests, I come out a tick or two right and up from the cross hairs . So stuck in the middle. Again, mainly because I view issues separately.

I'm generally fiscally conservative and anti-authoritarian. Pro capitalism and don't care for the crony capitalism we have now. But I appreciate things like how well maintained non toll roads help travel and commerce.

Etc. Etc
I'm pretty much the same, although on the left side of the center. I likewise view issues separately, and while I'm in favor of things such as single payer health care, and a functioning social safety net (I.e. Crack down on abuse), I am very much pro-2nd amendment, nuclear power, and believe my locale (SF Bay Area) is too heavily regulated by the local and state government.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:28 PM
Survivor

If in doubt, I err on the side of personal freedom over government. I'm suspicious of people claiming they can fix things through legislation. They are usually lobbying for personal gain of some sort or using someone else's personal problems to gain power. I have a healthy skepticism and distrust of politicans, political parties, and their die hard supporters. Corrupt wealthy power brokers and useful idiots sticking me with the bill.
The Following User Says Thank You to InOmaha For This Useful Post: