Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 08-03-2020, 06:04 PM
Outside the box

Thanked 8,188 Times in 2,338 Posts

Advertise Here

UM - No

That answers nothing, what I'm stating is that folks Never got that $600 "bonus" only what they would get without the virus....

The notion that "everyone" is getting UI PLUS $600 "bonus" is simply not so IOW the reality is far different

Titles should match the subject being posted.

Post in the proper forum.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aceoky For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2020, 06:04 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 64,824 Times in 14,432 Posts
Default CARES act

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
I'm curious about this, since I know some folks getting UI but they're NOT getting any extra per week much less $600??????
https://www.dol.gov/coronavirus/unemployment-insurance

My regular unemployment compensation benefits do not provide adequate support given the unprecedented economic challenges caused by the COVID-19 outbreak. Can I expect to receive additional relief?
Yes, depending on how your state chooses to implement the CARES Act. The new law creates the Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation program (FPUC), which provides an additional $600 per week to individuals who are collecting regular UC (including Unemployment Compensation for Federal Employees (UCFE) and Unemployment Compensation for Ex-Servicemembers (UCX), PEUC, PUA, Extended Benefits (EB), Short Time Compensation (STC), Trade Readjustment Allowances (TRA), Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA), and payments under the Self Employment Assistance (SEA) program). This benefit is available for weeks of unemployment beginning after the date on which your state entered into an agreement with the U.S. Department of Labor and ending with weeks of unemployment ending on or before July 31, 2020.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2020, 06:11 PM
Let the Debate begin

Thanked 11,415 Times in 4,034 Posts

So who's getting the $600?

What we know is that currently, about 30 million people in America are receiving it and the payment is set to expire July 31. Because of the way the state unemployment payment is scheduled, the last of the $600 would have gone out this past weekend just as there's evidence of more people losing jobs with the latest spikes in cases in the South and West.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/27/89567...-or-job-slayer

No its not everyone, but 30 million is a lot of people.
The Following User Says Thank You to Truck Vet For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2020, 06:17 PM
Retired kafir

People lost their jobs before covid, people went on unemployment before covid. Why is it only NOW that people can't pay rent or mortgages?

Also under the CARES act UI has been extended.

"I am about to exhaust my regular unemployment compensation benefits. What kinds of relief does the CARES Act provide for me?
Under the CARES Act states are permitted to extend unemployment benefits by up to 13 weeks under the new Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) program. PEUC benefits are available for weeks of unemployment beginning after your state implements the new program and ending with weeks of unemployment ending on or before December 31, 2020. The program covers most individuals who have exhausted all rights to regular unemployment compensation under state or federal law and who are able to work, available for work, and actively seeking work as defined by state law. Importantly, the CARES Act gives states flexibility in determining whether you are “actively seeking work” if you are unable to search for work because of COVID-19, including because of illness, quarantine, or movement restrictions.

In addition, if you have exhausted the 13 weeks of additional benefits available under the PEUC program, you may be eligible to continue receiving benefits under the PUA program. PUA benefits are available for a period of unemployment of up to 39 weeks, meaning that if you have exhausted regular UC and PEUC benefits in fewer than 39 weeks, you may be eligible to receive assistance under PUA for the remaining weeks within PUA’s 39 week period."
===

In Utah the state benefit max is 26 weeks, plus 13 week extension, plus 39 week extension = a year and a half.

Oklahoma

Quote:
Attention: Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC), which is the additional federal benefit of $600 per week attached to all regular Unemployment Insurance (UI) payments, Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) payments, Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) payments, Trade Readjustment Act (TRA) or State Extended Benefits (SEB) will end with claim weeks filed for week ending July 25, 2020. If there are any changes to the program or to the program end date, the changes will be announced to the public.
https://unemployment.state.ok.us/W3.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f
The Following User Says Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2020, 09:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 25,443 Times in 7,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterEnergy View Post
It's like you and I are living in anti-worlds of each other. In my world, there is another thread here that details how the economy shrunk 32.9% last quarter. The largest contraction in US history - worse than the Great Depression. More people unemployed that the Great Recession and possibly even the Great Depression.

It's THE VERY OPPOSITE of benefit. Certainly no net benefit.

I didn't go through listing all the downsides of covid because this is a thread called "I'm grateful for covid" so I was listing all the good things that have happened.

I've probably made hundreds of posts by now on all the downsides in other threads. Its not my fault you guys mostly ignore or deny them. Lots of posts and threads here if you've suddenly decided this is actually happening and want to catch up.

Start from the beginning on the "Chinese Virus" thread. You will see my warning about economic collapse pretty early on. A prepper would do well to insulate themselves form the economy. Don't say you weren't warned.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2020, 11:14 PM
IRON ON COURAGE

Thanked 4,617 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Agh ha. Keep telling yourself that. And by all means, please enlighten us all as to what 'the much bigger picture' that I'm missing.
Patriot Act, FISA Court, unwarranted war with Iraq, continuous wars in middle East. Mounting national debt.

Stuff you might know about if you paid attention to the world around you.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Central Scrutinizer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2020, 11:44 PM
Walking methane refinery

Thanked 157,329 Times in 45,573 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
Yep. Only one is true. Deaths from most other causes have fallen due to a safer, less stressful overall lifestyle.

Covid however is so bad it has more than compensated for that and is being undercounted, leaving thousands of more people dead while known, non-covid causes of death is still down.

Alternatively, there is a non-covid, non-reported killer at play in addition to everything else. Which is not so far fetched. Several deadly historical diseases spread in secret for years before any outcry was raised.
It depends. Locally, even though traffic was down by a large amount for months due to the closures, traffic deaths are up by 1/3 in the same time period versus the last several years.

I'm going to miss not having empty roads to drive on. For the first time in my life, I was able to drive somewhere without having a sore middle finger from flipping it at idiots nonstop on the way.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MikeK For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 09:29 AM
I love this *****

Thanked 67,700 Times in 22,283 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Vet View Post
So who's getting the $600?

What we know is that currently, about 30 million people in America are receiving it and the payment is set to expire July 31. Because of the way the state unemployment payment is scheduled, the last of the $600 would have gone out this past weekend just as there's evidence of more people losing jobs with the latest spikes in cases in the South and West.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/27/89567...-or-job-slayer

No its not everyone, but 30 million is a lot of people.
I can't speak for the rest of the nation but here in southern Utah, workers are getting the additional $600.00 (or they were). I think I heard recently that it will be lowered to $300.00 but that's still in addition to their regular benefits.

I've been advertising a job opening starting at $16.00 per hour which will go up to $17.00 per hour when the employee gets his HazMat endorsement. I advertised for over a month with almost no bites. Anyone knows that $16.00 is a great starting wage for this area yet nobody came out of the woodwork? Why? Because they were making more staying at home and playing video games. Just another governmental tactic to help destroy America's productivity and economy.

Covid has been weaponized as a political ploy and a control mechanism that has zero to do with "health."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 10:14 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post

Covid has been weaponized as a political ploy and a control mechanism that has zero to do with "health."
Maybe you should have just lead with that. Nobody is changing anyones mind at this point so its all just virtue signaling, may as well state your positions and move on without bothering to pretend your discussing anything prepping related. There is a great big political section on this site for stuff like that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 11:17 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 35,487 Times in 12,347 Posts

Quote:
And by all means, please enlighten us all as to what 'the much bigger picture' that I'm missing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Patriot Act, FISA Court, unwarranted war with Iraq, continuous wars in middle East. Mounting national debt.
Not able to connect the dots to your grand vision huh?

I am well aware of all these things. But that was not the question. What is the
'the much bigger picture' that I'm missing?
Old 08-04-2020, 11:35 AM
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12

Thanked 35,487 Times in 12,347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerindel View Post
Maybe you should have just lead with that. Nobody is changing anyones mind at this point so its all just virtue signaling, may as well state your positions and move on without bothering to pretend your discussing anything prepping related. There is a great big political section on this site for stuff like that.
Another small minded, passive aggressive attempt at controlling post by you. Not sure how limited your grasp of 'prepping related' discussion is. The 'one' knife and fire starters that are not Zippo is related to CCP virus how?

IMO, the danger posed by political reactions is far greater than the underlying virus. This gem has many facets and I am grateful to AJ for exploring the facet of how political reactions have reduced the danger of so many other health threats per the narrative being shoved down our throats with every broadcast of MSM.

Think back to this conversation as you board the proverbial train taking you to a prep related concentration camp 'for your own good' or when you realize you cannot buy or sell without 'showing your papers' (vaccine certification). And in case these things do not come to fruition does not mean they were not planned but preppers acted to foil the plans WHEN it mattered.
Be prudent, always. Worry, never. Jer 15:16
The Following User Says Thank You to PeterEnergy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 01:17 PM
Survivor

Thanked 76,130 Times in 23,319 Posts

Quote:
Not sure what "people" you're talking about but nobody I know likes house arrest or oxygen deprivation. Most of us were and are just fine with the "old normal" or the "normal normal."
What house arrest?

Only ones I know of were a handful of short term quarantine cases back when there was a chance we could of avoided this thing.

This fiction (polite way of saying you are lying) is why you aren't taken seriously.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 01:18 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Not sure how life can be less stressful when:

1) The cost of living is increasing.
2) Rioting and mayhem are on the rise.
3) 30 to 40 million people are unemployed as a result of Fauci, WHO, and CDC.
4) People's Constitutional liberties are under direct attack.
5) People are going stir-crazy as a result of forced, home incarceration.
6) Store shelves are often void of several of life's necessities (meat, toilet tissue, hand sanitizer, etc.)

I can't speak for anyone else but my stress level hasn't been this high for decades.
Gee, it's too bad you've been here 12 years and still aren't (relatively) prepared.

Perhaps you should spend less time posting about prepardness, and more time doing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 01:47 PM
Survivor

Quote:
I can't speak for the rest of the nation but here in southern Utah, workers are getting the additional $600.00 (or they were). I think I heard recently that it will be lowered to $300.00 but that's still in addition to their regular benefits.

I've been advertising a job opening starting at $16.00 per hour which will go up to $17.00 per hour when the employee gets his HazMat endorsement. I advertised for over a month with almost no bites. Anyone knows that $16.00 is a great starting wage for this area yet nobody came out of the woodwork? Why? Because they were making more staying at home and playing video games. Just another governmental tactic to help destroy America's productivity and economy.

Aha yes. The cry of all the employers when they LIE and have workers imported.

"We can't fill our jobs"

When the REALITY is that they want overqualified workers at low wages, and don't want to pay for what they get.

You want a good worker with a clean background who has certificates/can And does get their hazmat (I have a CDL and once upon a time had my TWIC card and hazmat endorsement.) And with you offering $680 a week I wouldn't of even picked up the phone to talk to you.)

It's not Covid, or health. It's you.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 01:54 PM
IRON ON COURAGE

Thanked 4,617 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Not able to connect the dots to your grand vision huh?

I am well aware of all these things. But that was not the question. What is the

'the much bigger picture' that I'm missing?
I am not going to entertain this idiocy any longer. The curious are welcome to read PeterEnergy's continual trolling and form their own opinions. Geez,,,,

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Central Scrutinizer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 04:12 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
I am not going to entertain this idiocy any longer. The curious are welcome to read PeterEnergy's continual trolling and form their own opinions. Geez,,,,

Naw, I'm just going to go back to ignoring him. The ignore feature doesn't work very well but its okay in his case as we almost never cross paths as he seems almost exclusively interested in converting the fuzzy wuzzies to Jesus And Trump rather than prepping.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerindel For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2020, 08:42 PM
Retired kafir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
Aha yes. The cry of all the employers when they LIE and have workers imported.

"We can't fill our jobs"

When the REALITY is that they want overqualified workers at low wages, and don't want to pay for what they get.

You want a good worker with a clean background who has certificates/can And does get their hazmat (I have a CDL and once upon a time had my TWIC card and hazmat endorsement.) And with you offering $680 a week I wouldn't of even picked up the phone to talk to you.)

It's not Covid, or health. It's you.
All this and you don't even know what the job opening is.

Well done.

Male with high school education $35,895.00 52 weeks = $690.29 per week.

College student a bit more.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us...-ut-population
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	st george wages.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	307876   Click image for larger version

Name:	st george wages 2.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	307878  

Last edited by Lagnar; 08-04-2020 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: link
Old 08-04-2020, 10:30 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post
All this and you don't even know what the job opening is.

Well done.

Male with high school education $35,895.00 52 weeks = $690.29 per week.

College student a bit more.

]

I paid more attention than you.

I know what (having held) a HAZMAT endorsement is.

I've also hired and fired for a small manufacturing facility both before we had retirement and insurance, and after.

For what he is offering your going to get the dregs. The guys with no car who show up late, if they show up at all.
Guys with records, DWI at minimum etc.

Guys who have clean records who can get a HAZMAT endorsement... They can START higher than that.
Even though I skimmed the booklet in the DMV parking lot, walked in and passed the test... It's still gonna take someone with a BIT of a brain and a slight amount of motivation.

Guys like that who stay out of trouble and drink/drug free.... (requirement for Hazmat.) He might get occasionally lucky and hire someone who wants a job where he's home every night (I'm assuming he offers that.)

I also know he's been looking for quite a while, because he has complained about this same thing in the past.
Means he isn't offering enough to get the quality he wants.

I've been on both sides of the equation. (I was in charge of hiring and firing, but not the wages.)

Here's a napkin for that egg on your face.

Note:
I have a degree, and quite a few certifications.
A "high school diploma" dude isn't the same thing as say: a master welder. Hazmat just 'much' of a skilled job, but it is.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:42 AM
Retired kafir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
I paid more attention than you.
Do tell.

What is the job opening he is offering again?

Quote:
Anyone knows that $16.00 is a great starting wage for this area ...
What is the business AJ is in? What will the new hire be doing?
Old 08-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Target Shooter

I dont know what he dose but 16 bucks an hour is low for a class a driver any where .
I can get 35 $ easy in ny but its not really enough To stay alive here.