Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Krav Maga questions warhawk-77 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 47 08-17-2018 02:34 AM
Krav Maga WTF???? BladeGuru Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 181 05-17-2018 11:32 AM
Krav Maga? comas Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 100 05-17-2018 11:31 AM
Krav Maga and Concealed Handguns Porkchop Samich Pistol and Revolver Forum 33 03-12-2014 09:30 PM
MMA vs Krav Maga (Video) Warmachine Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 245 07-27-2012 06:29 PM
Gun In Your Face & Krav Maga Lono Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 25 06-15-2012 01:49 AM
Krav Maga Check In nukinfuts29 Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 20 02-02-2012 09:16 PM
Krav Maga in denver? MtnBikeMike Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 0 07-29-2011 06:01 PM
MMA vs Krav Maga (Video) Warmachine Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense 0 07-24-2009 01:04 AM

Old 06-05-2009, 01:42 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,210 Times in 1,406 Posts
Default This is Krav Maga !

Advertise Here

This crap is ridiculous and incredibly weak. These people just want your money.....
Quick reply to this message
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sojurn87 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 01:54 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 15,909 Times in 4,195 Posts

I was going to laugh at your but then I got to the bottom of your post.

I was going to say that if any assailant is that cheesy and stupid as the pretend bad guys with the guns in the clips, they are not a big threat to begin with. Just play for time and they'll hurt themselves.

Last edited by Declan; 06-05-2009 at 02:35 AM..
Old 06-05-2009, 01:55 AM

I just watched the first 2 vids i couldnt bare any more.lol When the instructer was showing how to control the knife hand in video 2 he forgot all about the guys left hand? On the streets an experienced street fighter would have put in some work with his left,but he would have most likely killed the guy with the knife anyways. I mean if you dont have the sense of awareness of whats going on around you and you let a man get a arm and knife around your throat its probably check out time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2009, 02:01 AM
Survivor

Thanked 24,543 Times in 8,149 Posts

THIS is XARM - OH YEAH

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BJJ_Grappler For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 02:01 AM
5 Will Survive

Thanked 62,508 Times in 10,290 Posts

That's what I've mentioned before. From what I've seen of krav maga, it's just yiddish kung-fu. At least the stuff they're trying to pawn off on people.
There are Israeli combatitives that are very effective - Kapap's knife work comes to mind, but his krava maga stuff fails to impress.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:02 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 15,131 Times in 4,263 Posts

I haven't watched the videos.

It is they vids that are a joke or Krav Maga?

I have heard some good things about Krav and have been thinking about taking it up. Should I reconsider?
Old 06-05-2009, 02:05 AM
Survivor

2nd video would have thrown the guy, same defense against a standing rear naked.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:06 AM
Survivor

so far unimpressed
Old 06-05-2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJJ_Grappler View Post
What is the sports world coming to? I peed my pants on this one. My wife is like whats so funny in there?
Old 06-05-2009, 02:09 AM
5 Will Survive

If I were you, Highlander, I'd check around a bit more. Some of the philosophies of krav maga are good, such as immediately turning a defense into an attack, and leaving the incident area immediately, but the system itself looks like pure bullshido.
The Following User Says Thank You to junglecrawler For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 02:09 AM
Survivor

one thing i noticed is if you grab the pistol, your hand is going to get jacked up if they pull the trigger. that slide will tear it up and you will probably let go
Old 06-05-2009, 02:14 AM
Survivor

okay we are going to need to have some full contact krav maga matches or something to prove it's effectiveness, this looks like your run of the mill middle-aged woman's self defense class (no offense to middle-aged women).
The Following User Says Thank You to BJJ_Grappler For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 02:23 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglecrawler View Post
If I were you, Highlander, I'd check around a bit more. Some of the philosophies of krav maga are good, such as immediately turning a defense into an attack, and leaving the incident area immediately,
That is what like about it. It is supposed to be quick, effective and practical.

I am a grappler by nature. I suppose that comes from four years of HS wrestling. I have taken some karate and tai kwondo--but that was all well before HS.

I really enjoy extremity holds, throws and pressure points as well as the closer in strikes like knees and elbows.

What would you recommend?

(Sorry for the hijack.)
Old 06-05-2009, 02:29 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
That is what like about it. It is supposed to be quick, effective and practical.

I am a grappler by nature. I suppose that comes from four years of HS wrestling. I have taken some karate and tai kwondo--but that was all well before HS.

I really enjoy extremity holds, throws and pressure points as well as the closer in strikes like knees and elbows.

(Sorry for the hijack.)

OH NO YOU DIDN'T.

You mentioned pressure points. Are you one of those pokey, stabby people who scratch up my neck while in guard trying to get a PP KO on me? lol
The Following User Says Thank You to BJJ_Grappler For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 02:32 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 15,909 Times in 4,195 Posts

Quote:
one thing i noticed is if you grab the pistol, your hand is going to get jacked up if they pull the trigger. that slide will tear it up and you will probably let go
Yeah, but c'mon! Who does that? Who puts a pistol on someone's forehead or chest? That's a B movie scene and it reminds me of of Austin Powers and the slowly lowering pole into the sea bass pool.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:37 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
OH NO YOU DIDN'T.

You mentioned pressure points. Are you one of those pokey, stabby people who scratch up my neck while in guard trying to get a PP KO on me? lol
No, I am one of those people that will strike your trachea or carotid artieries or perhaps turn your jab into a wrist lock while using your forward momentum to take you to the ground and land on your elbow with my shoulder and full weight hoping that there will be a very audible shriek from you as your right arms bends 90 degrees in the opposite direction...

It don't believe in a slug match. I would rather end the fight quickly and in glorious victory!
Old 06-05-2009, 02:38 AM
5 Will Survive

If there's a good mma school nearby, then that, but also supplementing it with plenty of knife work and cheap shot tricks on your own.
If you can string up a heavy bag in your garage, practise grabbing the nearst thing to hand, from a pen to a clothes iron, and going to town on it.

There's a really good series, called the F.I.G.H.T. method, Israeli Kapap, that cover knife work, ground and standing defense, if you prefer to practise on your own or with your friend, rather than pay for a school.

I don't care much for disputes on styles myself. If someone the size of Bibble comes at me, I would just pull my knife and try a C-cut or sewing machine.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander View Post

(Sorry for the hijack.)
If you dont mind me asking what state did you wrestle in i wrestled in NYC but i really have the utmost respect for Oklahoma's wrestling programs.OSU best in the nation imo.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglecrawler View Post
If there's a good mma school nearby, then that, but also supplementing it with plenty of knife work and cheap shot tricks on your own.
If you can string up a heavy bag in your garage, practise grabbing the nearst thing to hand, from a pen to a clothes iron, and going to town on it.

There's a really good series, called the F.I.G.H.T. method, Israeli Kapap, that cover knife work, ground and standing defense, if you prefer to practise on your own or with your friend, rather than pay for a school.

I don't care much for disputes on styles myself. If someone the size of Bibble comes at me, I would just pull my knife and try a C-cut or sewing machine.
I have done some knife training. My favorite is when we use markers as knives.You can go all out and not worry about hurting your training partner.Just see who marks a vital area first. Great training.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bibble For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2009, 02:56 AM
5 Will Survive

Yeah, markers are a real eye opener for showing how easy and how many cuts one can get.
If someone were to pull a knife on me when I had one, I'd most likely bolt. Just not worth it, I've been cut twice already.