Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I own a .22, which gun to buy next to get into hunting?+Hunting tag question... Everymanalion Firearms General Discussion 29 10-17-2014 09:10 AM
Hunting Elk with .45 Colt? Hunting Gun Suggestions? New-Prepper Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 49 10-28-2013 04:44 PM
New to hunting Ranger2187 Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 11 02-17-2013 07:33 PM
hunting tag/ hunting license hanson423 Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 7 11-03-2012 06:57 AM
ak hunting mousepad1123 Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 71 12-04-2010 06:47 PM
FL hunting? StpeteTJ Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 7 04-21-2010 06:57 PM
04 Presidential Candidate:2A not about hunting unless ur hunting members of Congress Declan General Discussion 0 12-04-2009 09:15 PM
Which is better for hunting? Marine_wannabe Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 21 11-22-2008 09:13 PM

Old 02-17-2016, 11:36 PM
Survivor

Thanked 2,848 Times in 2,000 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjasurvivor View Post
Ulces is trying to be the next Steve Irwin. And look what happened to him.

I know you might think it is cool or fun or make you more of a man to catch animals barehanded, but it is not a smart thing to do. You get bit, you get rabies, or some other nasty infection.
Some people just enjoy it , like any other extreme hobbie
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Carney For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2016, 11:42 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,454 Times in 2,663 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carney View Post
Some people just enjoy it , like any other extreme hobbie
I like hobbies that don't involve getting rabies. Just sayin'
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ninjasurvivor For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2016, 01:13 AM

I knew steve personally before the accident. He was a local in my area.. i miss that man from the bottom of my heart, one of the best men i have ever met. I remember being a very starstruck young lad... Yes he was bat**** crazy, but he had such a passion for conservation awareness that he took his level of crazy to the international stage and acheived a lot, both in his own name, and for the animals he lived for. Since the tragedy of his passing, his bitch wife terri has nearly destroyed his legacy and run Australia Zoo into the ground. RIP you little ripper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2016, 01:42 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,441 Times in 3,861 Posts

I got possums and armadillos in my yard at night - both are so blind and dumb - I don't think it would be that hard to catch em by hand.

Not interested in trying though.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:53 AM

Also i wouldnt put ucles in with irwin, different attitudes entirely. Ucles is more into aboriginal practices and actual hunting for food and survival. Steve would have never killed an animal unnessecarily
Old 02-18-2016, 04:54 AM
Survivor

Thanked 11,447 Times in 1,372 Posts

Quote:
No rabies in Australia, that's why we threatened to kill Johnny Depps dogs when he smuggled them into the country, but there is a similar disease, Hendra virus that affects bats and horses and has killed people.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dillin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2016, 05:01 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogrotten View Post
Also i wouldnt put ucles in with irwin, different attitudes entirely. Ucles is more into aboriginal practices and actual hunting for food and survival. Steve would have never killed an animal unnessecarily
I'm afraid I lost what little respect I had for Steve Irwin when I took the kids to his zoo and they had a big notice out the front urging people not to buy kangaroo and crocodile products. Kangaroos are in plague proportions in much of Australia and the crocodile industry is a great money earner to much of remote Australia and has greatly aided in there conservation.
The Following User Says Thank You to dillin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2016, 05:05 AM
Survivor

As fore bare handed hunting I have dug rabbits out of burrows and pulled them out of hollow logs. Back in the rabbit plague days they used to be rounded up in specially made pens in the corner of paddocks and clubbed to death literally by the hundred with sticks.
The Following User Says Thank You to dillin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2016, 07:28 AM
Survivor

Quote:
I hear ya. I've just always loved catching animals. And in Knife Hunting, its just so personal. I really love Knife Hunting a Gator or Feral Hog than killing a deer with a gun. Its just something I love. I'm getting ready for a Hog hunt, soon as my shoulder heals. I understand the American Indian, but only recently learned that the Irish/Scottish use to deer hunt on horses, with Bowies. They ran the deer, jumped and cut them. I would rather grab my gators. I've gotten ahold of a big 8 point (rolled when he hit my truck) I jumped out to cut his throat, like I do anytime the LORD provides meat, but this time, I got thrown about 10 yards.(which is better than getting hung up in his rack or kicked) A deer, Especially an injured or scared (or rutting) Buck, can Damage you. I just Love Knife Hunting ninja survivor...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carney For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2016, 07:43 PM
Survivor

Quote:
I understand the American Indian, but only recently learned that the Irish/Scottish use to deer hunt on horses, with Bowies. They ran the deer, jumped and cut them.
I have never seen it myself but I know of cowboys in the top end of Australia killing wild bulls by running them down on horse back, tossing them and killing them with a knife. Apparently they cut through the meat and skin at the base of the skull and stab into the spinal cord between the vertebra. Bulls can be killed this way with a 2inch pocket knife, and infact a smaller blade would probably be better than a bigger blade. I have heard of Gauchos in Argentina doing similar things.

Al sorts of weird and wonderful animals have been killed by fellas roping them of horse back. I have read of cowboys in central America killing Jaguars by running them down and roping them, dragging them around for awhile and then finishing them off with clubs or knives or what ever. Gutsy stuff.

I entered into hand to hand combat with a Kangeroo when I was young and silly, I ended up in the dust while the roo made good its escape.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dillin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2016, 08:45 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillin View Post
I have never seen it myself but I know of cowboys in the top end of Australia killing wild bulls by running them down on horse back, tossing them and killing them with a knife. Apparently they cut through the meat and skin at the base of the skull and stab into the spinal cord between the vertebra. Bulls can be killed this way with a 2inch pocket knife, and infact a smaller blade would probably be better than a bigger blade. I have heard of Gauchos in Argentina doing similar things.

Al sorts of weird and wonderful animals have been killed by fellas roping them of horse back. I have read of cowboys in central America killing Jaguars by running them down and roping them, dragging them around for awhile and then finishing them off with clubs or knives or what ever. Gutsy stuff.

I entered into hand to hand combat with a Kangeroo when I was young and silly, I ended up in the dust while the roo made good its escape.
Yeah, I would have my blade with the kangaroo! Thanks for your input Brother
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carney For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2016, 12:10 PM
Contrarian

Quote:
I understand the American Indian,... use to deer hunt on horses, with Bowies.
Now that would be a challenge.

Bad enough hunting a deer on a horse but when it has a knife, watch out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cynical Misanthrope For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2016, 04:23 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical Misanthrope View Post
Now that would be a challenge.

Bad enough hunting a deer on a horse but when it has a knife, watch out.
The Irish did it too. Talk about Fun!
The Following User Says Thank You to Carney For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
OK, I catch baby deer, does that count at all?
Usually at least one a year ...and no knife
What do you do with the baby deer?
Old 03-03-2016, 09:14 AM
Survivor

I have raised several, but this was one of those things I've never saw. Two days after I found him, a Doe and two siblings came up to my back deck, and I let him go, and she took him back. I've been told the Doe's would kill their own sibling, if caught and reunited.
Coyotes were just about to get this one when I got him out a briar thicket. I have watched this entire family come eat out behind my house every morning.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I have raised several, but this was one of those things I've never saw. Two days after I found him, a Doe and two siblings came up to my back deck, and I let him go, and she took him back. I've been told the Doe's would kill their own sibling, if caught and reunited.
Coyotes were just about to get this one when I got him out a briar thicket. I have watched this entire family come eat out behind my house every morning.
Awesome. Got a friendly deer family, good on ya mate for saving the lost baby there.
The Following User Says Thank You to wild_man_jack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2016, 02:55 PM
High Concept

Thanked 6,737 Times in 2,435 Posts

Quote:
This is a possum, found all over the US. They hiss
They hiss hardest in the fry pan.
Old 03-04-2016, 03:02 PM
High Concept

Thanked 6,737 Times in 2,435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobs View Post
I got possums and armadillos in my yard at night - both are so blind and dumb - I don't think it would be that hard to catch em by hand.

Not interested in trying though.
Armadillos taste great. Bash head, gut and stuff with onion. Oil in foil over coals for 45.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rett For This Useful Post: