Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which is better a full size truck/suv or a smaller truck mingo2311 Vehicles & Transportation 143 01-11-2017 12:49 PM
Pickup truck / RV / truck camper idea - need help Proyas Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 38 01-26-2015 05:05 PM
Question on building a cabin and building codes Peter Simcox General Discussion 15 02-07-2014 08:56 PM
No Sleeping system, Sleeping ideas. Vanishing Nomad Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 36 11-15-2012 12:26 AM
Advice on Big Agnes sleeping bags/sleeping pads RangingMan Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 5 09-13-2012 11:46 PM
DIY sleeping platform/storage for truck splat DIY - Do It Yourself 32 08-02-2012 04:20 PM
Started painting my truck $450 truck germantrader10 Vehicles & Transportation 61 07-20-2012 08:03 AM
Building a "truck gun'', .223 or .308 cibholder03 Rifle Forum 36 01-15-2012 10:20 PM
Maybe?? .308 on a ar-15 platform? vera21375 Firearms General Discussion 27 03-08-2011 02:57 AM
Building up a AR platform rifle jimnan88 Military Weapons Forum 12 11-01-2010 01:37 PM

Old 09-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Gravity is a Theory.

Thanked 6,537 Times in 1,990 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySix5 View Post
The rails have felt along them, and they were only to keep the drawer sliding straight. I put two small wheels on the front, and a rubber strip at the tailgate side to keep it from sliding.

No issues with weight at all.
Awesome! thanks.

Does the bed platform sit on the wheel wells and get center support from the drawer? I dont see anything and it looks like it would sag in the middle.

Literally going to build this before deer season.
Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2015, 12:09 AM
Ordinary Average Guy

Thanked 1,190 Times in 529 Posts

Yes this is a 3 yr old thread, but I think very informative.

I have a minivan. I fold the back seats down and have a sheet of plywood cut to fit for the base. On top of that I have a queen size piece of memory foam, folded in half that fits nicely in a sleeping bag which is pretty comfy.
I need to figure out how to rig up ventilation, but in the cooler months it isn't bad.
Gear is stowed in plastic totes that get transferred to the front seats when it is time for some shut eye.
When I'm car camping I drape a tarp over the outside. if I'm stopped in a rest area on the highway, I have pieces of attic insulation foil on suction cups to mount to the windows.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:42 AM
Tactical Medic

I did end up building a platform that secures using strap iron under the topper clamps. I will post a video later on. Works very well and isnt hard to take out either.
Old 10-24-2015, 07:22 AM
Sua Sponte

Thanked 1,953 Times in 603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosed View Post
Awesome! thanks.

Does the bed platform sit on the wheel wells and get center support from the drawer? I dont see anything and it looks like it would sag in the middle.

Literally going to build this before deer season.
Sorry I missed this. No sir, I used 2x6's across the bed below the plywood platform, so there ws zero sag. I also cut some access panels to reach down into the drawer for certain items while we were up on the platform.

We used a 6" foam pad on the platform.