Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Older 40 x 400 chicken house on possible homestead property Bellyman Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 12 06-10-2017 10:21 AM
Property tips Red Dirt Walker Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 8 05-09-2017 07:18 PM
Soros and Dems trying to lower voting age to 16 Justme11 Political News and Discussion 109 03-29-2017 06:10 AM
What to do with people on your land? JoeKan Farming, Gardening & Homesteading 72 01-29-2017 07:29 PM
This Thanksgiving let's think of the Pilgrims and private property rights RKW General Discussion 2 11-23-2016 01:33 PM

Old 03-31-2020, 05:09 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 15,038 Times in 4,613 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwell Torrey View Post
Went out today for two things. Did a little bit of a tour. Bank....deserted. Traffic during "rush hour" is down 80%? Passed a half dozen groceries. All were probably double their normal traffic this time of day. Glad I got my last minute's done yesterday. In a week or two, be back to where it was I think. Given what I saw of the TV news last night, I know why they all ran out to get stuff. It'll be ok. Everyone I talked to is good-O.
My credit union in town still had the lobby open (I used the ATM) but the bank my neighbor's wife works at has everything setup outside with instructions on how to use the ATM and/or night drop box. Only allowed inside for very limited reasons and than they want you to set up an appointment so there aren't multiple people inside at a time.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM
read more, post less

Show Low Walmart, Sun April 5, about 8:30 am:

Parking lot about as full as when normal. Had carts cordoning off a line from the entrance door around the side of the building. No line, however. Not really crowded inside. Produce not doing bad, but not a green bell pepper in sight. That's all I really needed! But the frozen section wasn't bad, meats about half and half, no beer brauts, grrr.

And guess what? There was toilet paper! Signs all around asking for one per person only. The TP they had though was only those little four packs of tiny rolls. Nope, I'm not that bad at all yet. Butter about wiped out, a few dozen eggs to be had, one per. Beer isle about half and half.

About half the folks wearing masks.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to teddyearp For This Useful Post: