Is A Civil War Brewing in America? **Official Merge Thread** - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
United States is on the precipice of civil unrest. 9Wolf19 Manmade and Natural Disasters 449 Yesterday 11:21 PM
Fed "Red Team Planner" lists results of civil war scenarios Bud General Discussion 52 03-15-2018 11:06 PM
* Official * Inauguration Day Thread 1-20-17 Grevlin Political News and Discussion 805 01-25-2017 07:06 PM
legitimate politics versus political war deprogramming services Political News and Discussion 1 11-01-2016 02:18 AM
New letter TENNGRIZZ General Discussion 17 10-20-2016 03:04 PM

Old 02-15-2017, 10:09 AM
Just some dude on the net

Thanked 8,209 Times in 1,918 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by juskom95 View Post
It makes one think about what the "Average Joe" thought in the lead up to the Civil War.

I don't mean the Politicians, or the "Movers & Shakers" but the average citizen, how they perceived things? Most are generally consumed with their 'real' lives, family concerns etc.
I often wonder about this my self. No civil war happened because a group of folks woke up one day and started over throwing the government. The warning signs always stretch back years and even decades in some cases.

It starts with differing ideologies, then dissent, and open distain for opposing views, followed by small scale actions that are written off as radicals, and then finally one day the radicals launch another small scale action that isn't so small scale and everyone realizes we're at a tipping point and the danger that was poop pahed is now real.

America has gone through every stage at this point and in the last year along with this year we've been seeing increased small scale lone wolf attacks, or "peaceful protests" hyjacked by agitators.

Now the left is openly talking about getting guns and getting training for defense, imagine some of the riots last year if the protestors had all been armed with emotions so high, what kind of response would that call for? How would the armed protestors respond to that response legal or not? What if just half of them were armed? What if just a handful were armed? It changes things a great deal, and while I'm pro-2A when you start using firearms to threaten people into following your political agenda then you become what is classically defined as a terrorist.

I feel very strongly that we are in the middle of a civil war and most folks just haven't caught on yet because the two sides aren't wearing blue and gray, they're wearing skinny jeans, and riot gear.
Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2017, 10:11 AM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Thanked 46,300 Times in 9,712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull_Dallas View Post
As I wrote my post I was thinking of similarities between now and those just prior to the original civil war. The ones that came to mind were, cultural differences, economics and an over reaching government (perceived or real). Those three things existed then and they certainly exist now. We'll have to wait and see if, with the election of Trump, those things improve, but what I see at the moment is not too encouraging..
The original civil war is not the one you should be studying in relation to what's happening here today. You should be studying this one instead:

https://freeamericannational.blogspo...nd-us.html?m=1
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 10:13 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Thanked 66,357 Times in 22,045 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
I am angry enough to take part in a civil war instead of standing idly by, just not angry enough to fire the first shot. I feel like there might be some who feel the same way.
The truly scary thought is that there are those in your situation, who have lost much more and are reaching the point where they might fire the first proverbial shot.

That should be worrisome.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:17 AM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearack View Post
Okay, I was just lambasted by one of my liberal buds about the Hillary email scandal about the right spent millions of tax payers dollars crucifying her and now he's equating the Flynn situation to hers. I merely found some post from him blindly defending Hillary on the email scandal and merely posted "Hypocrite much?".

I then posted how I always thought the email scandal was nothing more than a non-sequitur but to even consider these 2 situations even remotely similar is beyond grasping at straws.

His rebuttal was a laden filled tirade about how the right is going to destroy the country and everyone is going to die... Maybe there is something to this whole civil war thang.
Yeah. A large part of the country thinks the other part is out to kill them, and is willing to go to violence over it, with no evidence.

And we are supposed to expect unity...

No.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 10:24 AM
Trump is Treasonous

Thanked 18,867 Times in 5,004 Posts

Quote:
Hell, I'm honest about wanting to simply stay out of it, but that won't be reality if something like this actually happens.

I'll be the BBEG to the Leftists because of my gender and skin, so . . . ****!
Yup, you've chosen your side...now if/when the SHTF you won't be having delusions that you'll have the luxury of safely going about your business and not be affected...history teaches us a lot...
The Following User Says Thank You to Kalashnikov47 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 10:30 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalashnikov47 View Post
Yup, you've chosen your side...now if/when the SHTF you won't be having delusions that you'll have the luxury of safely going about your business and not be affected...history teaches us a lot...
I did not, that is an important point to make and needs to be differentiated.

There are many Soldiers out there (and on here) who don't want a Civil War, don't want to see that **** within our own cities, but at the same time the alternative of appeasement is not acceptable either.

So when one side decides that you are the BBEG, and is unflinching in that Belief you have two options:

1-Sit and take it
2-Say "NO!"

All the detailed choices, convoluted plans and 'bugging out' come down to those two choices.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:36 AM
Trump is Treasonous

Quote:
I did not, that is an important point to make and needs to be differentiated.

There are many Soldiers out there (and on here) who don't want a Civil War, don't want to see that **** within our own cities, but at the same time the alternative of appeasement is not acceptable either.

So when one side decides that you are the BBEG, and is unflinching in that Belief you have two options:

1-Sit and take it
2-Say "NO!"

All the detailed choices, convoluted plans and 'bugging out' come down to those two choices.
No one in their right mind would want a war in their own backyard....

BUT, everyone will be forced to participate IF it happens AND no one will have the luxury of staying neutral...THAT is precisely what history has shown those willing to look...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kalashnikov47 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 10:40 AM
Ephemerally here

Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,739 Posts

BBEG=B ig, B ad, E vil, G uy?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HandLoad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 10:41 AM
¡Salga de aquí!

Thanked 8,839 Times in 2,944 Posts

At this point the only thing that can stop a civil war and bring both sides together is a full out war with another country.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MeTarzan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 10:42 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandLoad View Post
BBEG=B ig, B ad, E vil, G uy?
Yup. It is an RPG term used for the stereotypical Big Bad Evil Guy

http://rpgmuseum.wikia.com/wiki/BBEG

Quote:
BBEG is an acronym for Big Bad Evil Guy, and is a climactic villain in an action-adventure setting. A boss monster or boss villain is a video game term with a similar sense.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:46 AM
Weed 'em and reap

Thanked 121,596 Times in 24,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
That's funny you've been here for 8 years and didn't seem to mind the phrase "not my President" before now.
In all fairness, that pResident had openly stated his intention to do the same things that caused the colonies to rebel in the first place, even lifting his ideas from the litany of complaints we had against King George III in the Declaration. That same Declaration commissions us to resist those ideas by any necessary means, including violence.

If the American people are to be faulted for their reaction to Barack Obama, we are to be faulted for our excessive tolerance and restraint.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Harmless Drudge For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 10:47 AM
Trump is Treasonous

Quote:

Was wondering what the acronym meant myself...LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kalashnikov47 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 10:47 AM
Deo Vindice

Thanked 33,529 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote:

Disregard that pm. i wasn't this far into the thread yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to dudeman351 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 10:49 AM
Time to melt snowflakes!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalashnikov47 View Post
Was wondering what the acronym meant myself...LOL
It seems to fit with how he Left is portraying anyone who is not of their 'ilk' or the Non-Left anymore.

They don't think, they just have this rabid, Pavlovian response to anything and it makes talking/reasoning with them impossible. They do not want to have a discussion, they want appeasement to their ideals. PERIOD
Old 02-15-2017, 10:49 AM
Weed 'em and reap

Thanked 121,596 Times in 24,093 Posts

Quote:
I'm glad that the people around you have things "extremely good", but my parents are being gouged by the IRS thanks to higher taxes, my sister has no health insurance because 0bastardcare is now more expensive than the fines for not having insurance, my own private insurance is $1,200 per month and the copays and deductibles are so high I can barely afford to use it at all, and my other sister is also being gouged by the IRS. For eight years people like me have been insulted, maligned, demonized and marginalized by the person who is supposed to be representing us to the world, and the only thing keeping me from being beaten down for my political beliefs in the streets of the 50 largest cities in the UNITED STATES is the fact that I have chosen not to go there.

I am angry enough to take part in a civil war instead of standing idly by, just not angry enough to fire the first shot. I feel like there might be some who feel the same way.
I'm in the same boat. I refuse to pay for Obamacare, and I pay out of pocket for medical care for a family of 4. And then Obamacare wants to steal what little I have left as a punishment for not being able to afford the inflated price of their "product." Last year, TurboTax didn't have the info for the exemptions, so I had to pay the fine, because I needed my refund to pay the bills, but I'm going to be filing an amended return to get my money back. I hope it doesn't trigger an audit.

Last edited by Harmless Drudge; 02-15-2017 at 12:46 PM..
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Harmless Drudge For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 10:54 AM
On what date did kev sell

Thanked 15,533 Times in 4,614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTarzan View Post
At this point the only thing that can stop a civil war and bring both sides together is a full out war with another country.
AGREED.

Sociology 101 - In Group - Out Group dynamics.
I often say the only way we will have World Peace is when the Aliens show themselves.

Now that we as a species KNOW how we act, we can BEHAVE differently.
We wont... but we CAN.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walter Tyler For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 11:00 AM
Trump is Treasonous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Tyler View Post
AGREED.

Sociology 101 - In Group - Out Group dynamics.
I often say the only way we will have World Peace is when the Aliens show themselves.

Now that we as a species KNOW how we act, we can BEHAVE differently.
We wont... but we CAN.
If there are other off planet civilizations looking at us, I'm quite sure they are shaking their heads saying "the children acting up again in their usual way" LOL
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kalashnikov47 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 11:02 AM
On what date did kev sell

Thanked 15,533 Times in 4,614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmless Drudge View Post
I'm in the same boat. I refuse to pay for Obamacare, and I pay out of pocket for medical care for a family of 4. And then Obamacare wants to steal what little I have left as a punishment for not being able to afford the inflated price of their "product." Last year, TurboTax didn't have the info for the examltions, so I had to pay the fine, because I needed my refund to pay the bills, but I'm going to be filing an amended return to get my money back. I hope it doesn't trigger an audit.
Quote:
I'm glad that the people around you have things "extremely good", but my parents are being gouged by the IRS thanks to higher taxes, my sister has no health insurance because 0bastardcare is now more expensive than the fines for not having insurance, my own private insurance is $1,200 per month and the copays and deductibles are so high I can barely afford to use it at all, and my other sister is also being gouged by the IRS. For eight years people like me have been insulted, maligned, demonized and marginalized by the person who is supposed to be representing us to the world, and the only thing keeping me from being beaten down for my political beliefs in the streets of the 50 largest cities in the UNITED STATES is the fact that I have chosen not to go there.

I believe you are BOTH intelligent enough to creatively structure your financial houses to offset your supposed tax liability. It may be a moral issue for you, and that is your issue, NOT that the BBEG (Big Bad Evil Government) is making your life harder than it should be.

I DO empathize, I HAVE been there. I am NOT married to the love of my life for 20 years for a reason. It is a moral hangup. WE create our own realities.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:02 AM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCJS View Post
I shortened the quoted post because...well it's long.

But I agree with every word, and I wanted to ask if I could share it with my mom and uncle.

As for the poster who commented about people having jobs, being too busy to fight a war etc...I'm fairly sure life was disrupted for the Average Joe during every single confrontation that's ever taken place throughout human history. One day you were milking a cow and harvesting your wheat, the next day a troupe of recruiters on horseback come along and say "Hey, your country needs you and all your male children and relatives." Boom. Normalcy gone. It's go-time.
Thanks. Feel free to share with anyone you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 11:07 AM
Nationalist, Combat Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Tyler View Post
I believe you are BOTH intelligent enough to creatively structure your financial houses to offset your supposed tax liability. It may be a moral issue for you, and that is your issue, NOT that the BBEG (Big Bad Evil Government) is making your life harder than it should be.

I DO empathize, I HAVE been there. I am NOT married to the love of my life for 20 years for a reason. It is a moral hangup. WE create our own realities.
While I agree that we make our own way, there is no denying that an overly powerful centralized federal government has a lot of tools to effect the lives of the people under them. We've seen extreme examples of this throughout history. The American colonists made their own realities, but were taxed without being represented, and then had the King make an attempt at disarmament. The Jews made their own reality, but the Hitler had his own effect. Etc.

We do make our own realities, but the federal government imposing harsh taxes has a negative effect on that. I'm not content to sit idly by and allow that for much longer. It's theft, no way around it.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JBryan314 For This Useful Post: