Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rh & lh shooter positioning in vehicle? PowderDreams General Discussion 4 02-12-2018 01:56 PM

Old 05-27-2018, 10:27 PM
I ain't doing that!!

Thanked 12,448 Times in 4,657 Posts
Default Lake Hefner Shooter was CLEET certified

Advertise Here

And trained armed security officer. Ok, this brings up SO many red flags for me I don't even know where to begin. This guy is NOT the only security guard I am aware of with significant mental deficiencies and I am not employed in a position where I come into regular contact with armed and unarmed CLEET certified security guards. The fact that I can tell you the names of (because they were obnoxious enough that I glanced at their name tags while either dealing with them or watching their interaction with someone else) 4 other men who worried me enough that I didn't take my eyes off them until the situation was resolved and they were gone is saying something.

I have a friend who was attacked by someone who was a CLEET certified armed security guard. He is still serving out his sentence the pen.

A CLEET certified armed security attacked and shot up a defenseless unarmed bathroom at the Capitol Building last month. I feel the need for a little levity now but you get my drift. This stuff is nuts.

I'm a staunch libertarian but am struggling with CLEET as an educational and governing oversight body (on one hand what the hell are they teaching these guys?? On the other hand the two guys who stopped him had had the same training).

What do you guys think?? Am I just overthinking the fact that I've had an extraordinary run of bad luck in meeting up with more than the usual number of wannabe Barney Fifes? Or do you think we really do have a problem with the way CLEET does background checks, selects, and trains security guards in the state?
Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BadgeBunny For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2018, 11:24 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 10,084 Times in 4,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgeBunny View Post
And trained armed security officer. Ok, this brings up SO many red flags for me I don't even know where to begin. This guy is NOT the only security guard I am aware of with significant mental deficiencies and I am not employed in a position where I come into regular contact with armed and unarmed CLEET certified security guards. The fact that I can tell you the names of (because they were obnoxious enough that I glanced at their name tags while either dealing with them or watching their interaction with someone else) 4 other men who worried me enough that I didn't take my eyes off them until the situation was resolved and they were gone is saying something.

I have a friend who was attacked by someone who was a CLEET certified armed security guard. He is still serving out his sentence the pen.

A CLEET certified armed security attacked and shot up a defenseless unarmed bathroom at the Capitol Building last month. I feel the need for a little levity now but you get my drift. This stuff is nuts.

I'm a staunch libertarian but am struggling with CLEET as an educational and governing oversight body (on one hand what the hell are they teaching these guys?? On the other hand the two guys who stopped him had had the same training).

What do you guys think?? Am I just overthinking the fact that I've had an extraordinary run of bad luck in meeting up with more than the usual number of wannabe Barney Fifes? Or do you think we really do have a problem with the way CLEET does background checks, selects, and trains security guards in the state?
What's the scoop on CLEET?

No security guard experience.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2018, 11:54 PM
MAGA

Thanked 15,197 Times in 4,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame View Post
What's the scoop on CLEET?

No security guard experience.

Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training
Or Oklahoma police academy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to harbinger1972 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2018, 12:01 AM
POLICE DETECTIVE (ret)

Thanked 5,871 Times in 1,515 Posts

OK, now we know what a CLEET is, but what's the difference between a Libertarian and a Liberal?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Neut Anderson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 12:10 AM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neut Anderson View Post
OK, now we know what a CLEET is, but what's the difference between a Libertarian and a Liberal?
Libertarians believe in free will with limited gov.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:11 AM
MAGA

Thanked 15,197 Times in 4,404 Posts

Quote:
A libertarian seeks political freedom and autonomy.

liberals eat their own poop.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to harbinger1972 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 06:01 AM
Survivor

Thanked 17,307 Times in 6,620 Posts

[QUOTE=harbinger1972;18651786]Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training
Or Oklahoma police academy.[/QUOTE

the one movie they didn't make it would have had to have Ernest in it.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to swamppapa For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 06:26 AM
Bad Dog

Thanked 20,409 Times in 4,376 Posts

Quote:
Overall, Arizona is a conservative Libertarian state. We believe in limited government, rules, and regulations. Our state income tax rates are low because we don't need government to do everything for us. The only reason we vote Republican is because the Libertarian party hasn't come up with a viable candidate for president.

Contrast that with Tucson, the liberal bastion in the state where everything is regulated and taxed. You cannot even grow what you want in your backyard in Tucson because you are only allowed to grow trees that are native to Arizona. That rules out most fruit trees. Living in Tucson is not too much different from living in Los Angeles. Tucson is also a sanctuary city.

The only recurring problems we have in Arizona are illegals and Progressives.

I agree with the "liberals eating their own poop" statement. They create the problems and then expect the government to fix it for them.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 07:43 AM
✝️🗽🏹🗡️🔥🥓💰🛠️💉📻

Thanked 34,659 Times in 9,906 Posts

When I saw this thread, I thought it was Cletus.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Sockpuppet For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 08:00 AM
I ain't doing that!!

Oh dear Lord, well, I don't feel any better about armed security guards or CLEET but you guys did give me a good laugh!! Thanks fellas!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BadgeBunny For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 08:20 AM
Better Looking Than You

Thanked 2,316 Times in 593 Posts

Quote:
Liberals want to smoke pot while they tell you what to do.
No, I read your last post. At first I merely rolled my eyes and shook my head, but then nearly had to quit reading because I was worried that your brand of stupid was contagious because everyone who agreed with you seemed to drop IQ points with every word.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frisco85132 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 08:38 AM
I ain't doing that!!

Juju
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco85132 View Post
Liberals want to smoke pot while they tell you what to do.
Ha! Well, I'm not a liberal, but just what's wrong with a little bud every now and again?? (And yes, my stick-in-the-mud husband just died a little when I posted that.)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BadgeBunny For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 09:55 AM
Hard Wired

Badge Bunny first off CLEET sets the rules and regulations for security guards in Oklahoma they also over see the police as well. here is the difference in the to, security guards get there training through private schools or companies that aren't set up like the police academies.
the security guard training is done in 4 phases
phase 1 is unarmed security guard (20 hours)
phase 2 is armed security guard (20 hours)
phase 3 is private investigator (40 hours)
phase 4 is firearms training (32 hours)
plus they have to take a mental health test 500 questions that is going to tell them you are mentally stable carry a firearm and a write test to get your license

a CLEET certified police officer goes through 14 1/2 weeks of training or 580 hours of training and several mental health exams before they become a cop

I know this cause I have been through both CLEET security guard training and the CLEET police academy. the police academy is a lot harder to pass then the security guard training. don't pass the police academy you don't become a police officer period. don't pass the security guard test you can take it over until you do pass.

I truly believe that armed security guards should have to go through the same training as police officers and be held to a higher standard at all times. as I have seen some armed security guards that made me wonder how the hell they ever got or passed a basic IQ test let alone the CLEET requirements to start with.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mreddie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 10:12 AM
I love this forum

Nothing, no matter what political orientation I may lean towards in the future, pot will always be around. Helps with the PTSD and it's a better buzz than alcohol. Nuff said.
Quote:
Juju

Ha! Well, I'm not a liberal, but just what's wrong with a little bud every now and again?? (And yes, my stick-in-the-mud husband just died a little when I posted that.)
Old 05-28-2018, 12:14 PM
I ain't doing that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
Badge Bunny first off CLEET sets the rules and regulations for security guards in Oklahoma they also over see the police as well. here is the difference in the to, security guards get there training through private schools or companies that aren't set up like the police academies.
the security guard training is done in 4 phases
phase 1 is unarmed security guard (20 hours)
phase 2 is armed security guard (20 hours)
phase 3 is private investigator (40 hours)
phase 4 is firearms training (32 hours)
plus they have to take a mental health test 500 questions that is going to tell them you are mentally stable carry a firearm and a write test to get your license

a CLEET certified police officer goes through 14 1/2 weeks of training or 580 hours of training and several mental health exams before they become a cop

I know this cause I have been through both CLEET security guard training and the CLEET police academy. the police academy is a lot harder to pass then the security guard training. don't pass the police academy you don't become a police officer period. don't pass the security guard test you can take it over until you do pass.

I truly believe that armed security guards should have to go through the same training as police officers and be held to a higher standard at all times. as I have seen some armed security guards that made me wonder how the hell they ever got or passed a basic IQ test let alone the CLEET requirements to start with.

Ok, THIS is what I was getting at. I know there are some police officers out there who shouldn't be wearing a badge (no offense) bus statistically speaking, those guys appear to be a smaller problem overall than our cute little fellas driving around in the Securitas cars, or wearing the nifty navy blue blazers at the Capitol complex.
The Following User Says Thank You to BadgeBunny For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 12:16 PM
Better Looking Than You

Thanked 2,316 Times in 593 Posts

Quote:
Juju

I don't give a **** about the bud. It's the other part that aggravates me.
No, I read your last post. At first I merely rolled my eyes and shook my head, but then nearly had to quit reading because I was worried that your brand of stupid was contagious because everyone who agreed with you seemed to drop IQ points with every word.
The Following User Says Thank You to Frisco85132 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 12:29 PM
I ain't doing that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFlame View Post
Nothing, no matter what political orientation I may lean towards in the future, pot will always be around. Helps with the PTSD and it's a better buzz than alcohol. Nuff said.

I had a big long post typed out but damned computer lost it.

Cliff Notes: I have PTSD and I found that pot works better for me than alcohol or any legal prescription meds the doctors have tried. I've lost track of the number of meds and combination of meds they tried. I'm probably lucky I haven't wound up like Heath Ledger.

I'll be glad when recreational pot FINALLY gets on the ballot and passes here. My old man will **** an entire house of bricks. Oh well, he's been constipated for way too long.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadgeBunny For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 12:48 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,211 Times in 504 Posts

Badge Bunny, I am retired LEO, I don't do weed, don't plan on doing weed, could care less if someone does it with in the law. But the rap weed has gotten is wrong. It is a medicinal herb and can treat many illnesses. Or so my witches tell me. Oh my wife was Polly Purebred, our 16 year old, is that too, or else.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JerseyHomestead For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 12:56 PM
Bad Dog

Thanked 20,409 Times in 4,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyHomestead View Post
Oh my wife was Polly Purebred, our 16 year old, is that too, or else.
If that's what you want to believe . . .
The Following User Says Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2018, 02:16 PM
Weed 'em and reap

Thanked 124,407 Times in 24,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post
Overall, Arizona is a conservative Libertarian state. We believe in limited government, rules, and regulations. Our state income tax rates are low because we don't need government to do everything for us. The only reason we vote Republican is because the Libertarian party hasn't come up with a viable candidate for president.

Contrast that with Tucson, the liberal bastion in the state where everything is regulated and taxed. You cannot even grow what you want in your backyard in Tucson because you are only allowed to grow trees that are native to Arizona. That rules out most fruit trees. Living in Tucson is not too much different from living in Los Angeles. Tucson is also a sanctuary city.

The only recurring problems we have in Arizona are illegals and Progressives.

I agree with the "liberals eating their own poop" statement. They create the problems and then expect the government to fix it for them.
Now I want to own a house there just to be a test case. It would be a "hold my beer" moment.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harmless Drudge For This Useful Post: