Is there room in the arsenal for a terrible firearm? - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Terrible joke....... MIL-DOT Jokes, Humor & Music 0 09-11-2014 07:06 AM
Terrible pickles. Chrysalis Food and water 17 02-07-2014 10:42 AM
Arsenal SLR-107 or Arsenal SAM7SF-84? zentmeister1015 Military Weapons Forum 6 12-22-2013 07:05 AM
Arsenal SGL21 VS. Arsenal SAM7R-61? Zerstörer Rifle Forum 12 07-23-2013 08:44 PM
Basic Survival Firearm Arsenal sp413 Firearms General Discussion 42 01-19-2013 10:27 PM
Surgery. (Terrible joke..........just terrible !! ) MIL-DOT Jokes, Humor & Music 3 12-19-2011 07:59 PM
My Firearm collection/arsenal is complete! Antwan23 Firearms General Discussion 40 06-01-2011 12:27 AM
Terrible question kestak Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 1 12-05-2010 05:38 PM

Old 01-12-2016, 05:23 AM
French Prometheus unbound

Thanked 79,923 Times in 23,293 Posts

Advertise Here

Galloway (in Florida) sells a replacement trigger for the LC9 / LC 380 , but numerous reports say it made their guns malfunction. I was ready to order the kit last night, but looked at a youtube video to see how hard it was to install. noticed in the comments several people saying the kit worked and felt great for the first hundred or so rounds, then started to malfunction a lot.

Also looked difficult to install, at least for me. Guess I'll pass on buying the kit.

if I lived in Florida, I might be tempted to just take it to Galloway and have them do it 9It seems some customization of the kit needs to be done) but shipping cross country through FFLs is too much inconvenience for me.

The other problem is with a carry gun, everyone warns not to change the internals, or could cause legal problems if the gun is actually fired in self defense.
Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2016, 09:26 PM

It's a last ditch chance back-up gun. Something goes wrong with your EDC, you aren't dead!
Old 01-13-2016, 10:16 PM
Trapper

Thanked 9,204 Times in 716 Posts
Cool

EE!!!

Guns have one purpose—and only one purpose—to make the owner happy!

Defend your life?

Does living make you Happy? If not, why bother?

The same goes for Hunting, Sport-Shooting, Collecting—Whatever...

Unless you are preparing to cross a flooded river or you're abandoning a sinking ship there is no reason to limit your number of Firearms.

If your LC9 makes you happy that is all the justification that you need to keep it.

I get exasperated with people who are always swapping Guns.

In life, if you end up selling something somewhere down the line that is a pretty strong indication that you should have never bought it in the first place.

Autos and homes are a bit of an exception—but even so…

The Bible says "Love your Neighbor."

Look at your Guns—do you Love them? Are they full-fledged members of your family? Do you cold-heartedly sell and swap the other members of your family?

If you don't Love your Guns as you'd love your Dearest Kin then they may not Love you either and they may let you down when you need them most.

But back to Loving your Neighbor—how in the Hell do you expect to Love a very unlovable Neighbor if you can't even love you Guns, Knives, Coats, Holster, Blanket, etc?

Guns aren't so much purchased as they are Adopted into your Family.

Yeah, once in 10 000 Adoptions you may get such a lemon of a mass-murder/serial-rapist-in-Training of a Child that you must have the Adoption nullified—but if you are already researching what you have to do to Nullify an Adoption before you've even got the kid home…

None of that applies to Glocks of course. Clear them and throw them into the cesspool of an old fashioned outdoor toilet. They were designed for mass issue to Slobberjaws who regard their Guns as no more than tools and have no special affection for them.

To design Guns for people like that—deliberately and with Malice of Forethought is one of the greatest ills of our soi-disant "Civilization."

…..RVM45
Old 01-17-2016, 12:13 AM
Hiker

So I don't know the LC9, but I do have an LC9s. I bought this even though I have a handful of good CCW pistols. I bought it and put a side clip on it (like a Spyderco clip). Now I have the option of carrying a 9mm instead of a .380 when I can't dress with an untucked shirt. It's the best gun for appendix carry with a side clip for me due to it's smooth lines...the rear of the slide is tapered so much more than a Smith, Springfield, or Glock, it really makes a difference for me -not jabbing my guts when I sit down.

But on a basic note; if you can shoot your LC9, it's accurate, and it functions well then what more do you need? It's not supposed to group at 100y like a Casull, not supposed to be beautiful like a Python, it's not a war machine like a high cap Glock....it's a CCW gun that seems to be doing what it should for you.

ps, I don't have one in the chamber when I appendix carry w/o a holster.
The Following User Says Thank You to Miles2go For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2016, 01:06 PM
Don't be dumb

Thanked 13,681 Times in 4,814 Posts

For me? No. The only exception being guns that have been passed down to me.

If I buy a gun I have a certain role in mind for it. I got rid of a .22 pistol earlier this year because I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I thought I would and could buy one off the shelf tomorrow if I wanted. For something like the LC9 I would dump it and use the funds towards something that you will actually use (not saying there is anything wrong with the LC9). If my guns don't get shot they don't stick around for long because I'm not storing something for the fun of it.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:01 PM
LEGAL citizen

Thanked 30,188 Times in 9,940 Posts

It's a tool. If it gets the job done for you, why would you get rid of it?
Old 01-20-2016, 02:08 PM
Third World'er Lunatic

Thanked 34,527 Times in 11,535 Posts

I have a P-40 kel-tec, never missed a beat, have the "spyderco like" side clip on it, it lives clipped up under where ever im working in the shop, or on me if i walk away, if i beat it bang it, drop it in water/coolent/oil nothing seems to phase it. but if i kill it, i can replace it cheap. all i ever did to it was change the trigger spring. never had a issue.