Walmart survival / prep supplies - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
$20 Walmart Survival weekend perdurabo7 Wilderness Survival, Hiking and Camping Forum 86 05-06-2018 03:06 PM
Anyone else notice walmart stocking bulk food supplies in large amounts? Somebodyelse General Discussion 22 03-25-2014 05:10 PM
Walmart survival warbirds General Discussion 11 05-29-2013 10:38 AM
vehicle prep supplies hammerhead123 Vehicles & Transportation 12 11-27-2012 09:57 AM
lOCAL WALMART CLEARING PREP FOODS. ELBUFO Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 8 08-16-2012 08:54 AM
Work Prep: emergency supplies at your office Scoutmaster316 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 6 06-10-2012 10:52 PM
Any Recipes For Bread, Pancakes, and Biscuits Using Prep Supplies? SSF Recipes 3 06-03-2012 06:35 AM
School supplies as a prep item Ryn Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 17 08-20-2011 12:24 PM
Walmart Survival food.... northidahofisher Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 43 05-03-2011 12:15 PM
Y2K prep supplies? rgswaim Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 7 11-12-2010 04:44 PM

Old 04-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Hiker

Advertise Here

Wal mart in Portland tonight had tons of augason farms stuff! Maybe 30 feet, two sides, 8 feet tall
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OregonKevin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 01:38 AM

China mart! now thats funny.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:59 AM
Chains keep us together.

Thanked 49,594 Times in 16,329 Posts

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rover For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 02:09 AM
Rock'em Sock'em Glock'em

We buy are preps wherever and from whoever has the best stuff for the right price, if Wally World can get it together and supply more of our preps great, if not does not really matter. We are going to by what we need and use and Wally World has been a part of some of it. They are not my end all and or be all.
The Following User Says Thank You to theboonedockssaint For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,155 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technologist View Post
Every time I walk into Walmart I cringe at the inefficiency in utilization of floor space and the employees that are treated like drones. Walmart doesn't do to well at sales per square foot. Samsclub a division of Walmart is in 15th place but Costco and Apple kick Walmart's butt. Apple is #1 buy leaps and bounds.

That's looks a lot more telling than it actually is. You must also look at the merchandise that is being sold. You can buy an Mac or I-Phone for lots of money from a Kiosk, Coach and Tiffany overpriced and don't need much area to take some Diva's money, Jewelry stores big profit small are. The same thing with best buy it is dedicated to expensive product sales($1000 TV's, etc). I like Sam's and I like Costco I do find that each has certain items that are better than the other. One thing that can affect Sam's Sq Footage sales is that Sam's Clubs do appear in some lower traffic areas that Costco would go into.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowmaster View Post
I was actually down at Wally World a couple hours ago looking at backpacks. Poor selection but a couple I found interesting. What I gathered was no 550 cord unless they keep that seperate from camping gear. No collapsable water jugs. Actually not much of anything to be honest. Could be the season but was kind of discouraged. They did have some packaged food which I bought a few packs.
Sorry if this is dead but at walmart they have 550 cord in the sewing section and the orange coleman 65liter bag is a very reliable pack. Tons of storage built on daisy chain on front the shoulder straps are adjustable I have owned the bag for 5 yrs now and I will be getting a another for my wife for the price is a nice one
The Following User Says Thank You to survivalbond For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 04:10 PM
truth.

Like anywhere else.. some good..some not. The Wally Mart right down the street from me has a pretty decent "camping" section.. quite a lot of goodies. They also carry a nice selection of MH pouches at a price lower than anywhere else local. Obviously, they also have a large pharm/hygiene section..and a lot of times they even have ammo. Haven't really seen a "nice" knife there yet..and you could probably do "better" on a more durable tent elsewhere.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:50 PM

Thank goodness for Canadian Tire up here. We got a whole section of the store devoted to the great out doors. But no amount of stuff is a substitute for good field craft. The best way to prep as I see it is to go out and live for a weekend out of a back pack.
The Following User Says Thank You to RCNSailor For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2013, 07:38 PM
MyPrepperLife

Thanked 5,678 Times in 2,141 Posts

In my area, WalMart has had by far the best prices on plastic 5-gallon gas cans for at least a year or so.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,263 Times in 989 Posts

I've started ordering from WM online. Shipping is free with an order of ~$50, and anything that keeps me from having to go in there is a Good Thing. I've noticed that many items are available online that aren't in the store, especially camping food and the like.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monique For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2014, 02:50 PM

Many of the items in my bug out bag were purchased at Walmart, including: waterproof matches, compasses, mylar blankets, emergency ponchos, wire saws, folding shovel, water containers, fishing supplies, tape, pellet ammo, knives, fuel, hygienic products, medicine, fire steels, magnesium fire bars, first aid supplies...the list goes on and on. I know I'm forgetting a lot of stuff, but it's just to show you that Walmart IS very useful for prepping.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milli For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2014, 07:40 PM
Hating the new Amerika.

Thanked 6,202 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowmaster View Post
I was actually down at Wally World a couple hours ago looking at backpacks. Poor selection but a couple I found interesting. What I gathered was no 550 cord unless they keep that seperate from camping gear. No collapsable water jugs. Actually not much of anything to be honest. Could be the season but was kind of discouraged. They did have some packaged food which I bought a few packs.
I bought 608-785-59470 cord from my local Wal-Mart. They sell it in 50 foot rolls. It was in near the trailer section/hardware aisle in my store. I would have figured the camping section too.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:07 PM

Walmart sells a bunch of "prepping" stuff online. We use it alot. Best thing is that we can have is shipped to our store for free, so we don't have to pay shipping costs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alore For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Frontiersman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChimneyman View Post
That's looks a lot more telling than it actually is. You must also look at the merchandise that is being sold. You can buy an Mac or I-Phone for lots of money from a Kiosk, Coach and Tiffany overpriced and don't need much area to take some Diva's money, Jewelry stores big profit small are. The same thing with best buy it is dedicated to expensive product sales($1000 TV's, etc). I like Sam's and I like Costco I do find that each has certain items that are better than the other. One thing that can affect Sam's Sq Footage sales is that Sam's Clubs do appear in some lower traffic areas that Costco would go into.
Still the biggest and highest grossing company in the world!
Old 10-10-2016, 08:20 PM

Wally World carries Mountain House dehydrated food for $62 and change. If you have it shipped to the store and pick it up thre's no S&H cost. That's about as cheap as I have found it anywhere except for an occasional sale at http://slickguns.com
Old 10-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Don't start no mess

Thanked 11,913 Times in 3,176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug308 View Post
Wally World carries Mountain House dehydrated food for $62 and change. If you have it shipped to the store and pick it up thre's no S&H cost.
Walmart online offers free shipping on orders over $50. That has been in effect for quite some time now. And if you don't like what you purchased you can take it back to the store. Pretty convenient.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:54 PM
Isaiah 41:10, Acts 5:29

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivalcordman View Post
China mart! now thats funny.
Actually, it's a hard statement about our lack of manufacturing, our dependence on other countries for cheap ****, and a reminder of the millions of people, who lost great jobs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old fart For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2016, 05:41 PM

I'm not as prepared as a lot of the posters here but the biggest part of my 'stash' has come from wally-world. From time to time they have some good deals. The other thing in their favor is that they are close by and convenient for me.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:22 PM

Here in Idaho and next door in Utah many, of not most, of the WalMarts stock dehydrated and freeze dried food for storage, along with such items as can rotation shelves, water barrels, etc. So do some of the other grocery stores. A lot of them (not Walmart) will also have case lot sales a couple of times a year. That is probably largely due to the substantial Mormon population, but also the attitude of self-reliance that is common among all sectors of the society in this part of the country.
Old 10-19-2016, 10:08 PM

You can buy Augason Farms dehydrated food from Walmart.com. Free shipping to store or your house if you order more than $50. It's very convenient.