Americans are renouncing their citizenship in record numbers - Page 4 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2020, 09:45 PM
This is a great survival forum

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
Fascinating thread by someone who makes it clear he hates America but won't renounce his own citizenship. Will of course make excuses for why he won't. Zero credibility whatsoever.

Why would I do something (renounce) that does not benefit at this time or in the foreseeable future?

Making a conscious decision to do something contrary to your own self-interest is just silly.
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2020, 09:47 PM
Survivor

Thanked 26,454 Times in 8,146 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpig67 View Post
Why would I do something (renounce) that does not benefit at this time or in the foreseeable future?

Making a conscious decision to do something contrary to your own self-interest is just silly.
Thatís not what the leftist voters think.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:00 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,486 Times in 992 Posts

Has anyone considered what the growing Cold War with China might have to do with this?

I thought I read the other week that the US would be barring entry by Chinese with CPC membership. Perhaps there's several thousand, or tens of thousands of Chinese businessmen and other professionals in the US and elsewhere who had both US citizenship and Communist Party membership. Depending upon how the Party at home looks upon those who renounce it, the effects of doing so on doing business with the mother country, or how the Party deals with the families of people who've renounced their membership) it might have made sense for plenty of people to drop US citizenship.

This is all speculation, but I would think it's worth looking into.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:57 AM
Texas chooses people.

Thanked 2,848 Times in 1,232 Posts

Quote:
It seems that there is a third option during this US election year - vote with your feet.

https://fortune.com/2020/08/07/ameri...passport-2020/

"Few would describe the year 2020 as the best of times for the United States. But for a growing number of Americans, the situation has become so intolerable they have cut their ties with the country altogether.

According to a recent survey of government data, 5816 Americans renounced their citizenship in the first six months of 2020. That is more than a ten-fold increase from the last six months of 2019, when 444 citizens gave up their passports.

The surge in renunciations during the first half of 2020 also breaks a record set in 2016 when 5,409 Americans gave up their citizenship over the course of the year. And it already outstrips the record level of renunciations that occurred in 2016 when 5,409 people in the United States turned in their passports."
Aside from the misinformation from liberal rags,
Are you looking for donations for your own relocation?
Old 08-09-2020, 11:35 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,157 Times in 1,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Fire View Post
Aside from the misinformation from liberal rags,
Are you looking for donations for your own relocation?

He left long ago because he couldnít handle it here. Now he spends his days cleaning his tactical milk crates. He realized his mistake but is too stubborn to return so his new mission is to make everyone else as miserable as he is.

Suggestion: the ignore/block button keeps his comments out of view unless someone quotes him.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Corpus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2020, 12:17 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Prepster View Post
Has anyone considered what the growing Cold War with China might have to do with this?

I thought I read the other week that the US would be barring entry by Chinese with CPC membership. Perhaps there's several thousand, or tens of thousands of Chinese businessmen and other professionals in the US and elsewhere who had both US citizenship and Communist Party membership. Depending upon how the Party at home looks upon those who renounce it, the effects of doing so on doing business with the mother country, or how the Party deals with the families of people who've renounced their membership) it might have made sense for plenty of people to drop US citizenship.

This is all speculation, but I would think it's worth looking into.
Are you suggesting those leaving are the communists, or that those leaving are fleeing before the communists come?

Either way....good riddance.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2020, 02:21 PM
Semper Fi

Thanked 18,777 Times in 5,788 Posts

Quote:
Interestingly, the fee they charge is by far the largest one charged by any country on the planet. No other country is even close.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw.../#74ab209a47de

A nation does not exactly make a statement of confidence regarding it's innate ability to retain it's best and brightest citizens when it must erect significant barriers in order to prevent them from cutting ties completely.
The fee charged is hardly a detriment for those best and brightest, who by definition would be very successful monetarily.

And as was pointed out, 6K in a population of 350 million isn't even a blip on the radar. Hell, 6K people move TO America in a month.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve_In_29 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2020, 03:55 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,526 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:

Now that argument is a special kind of stupid. By renouncing when you move you do benefit. Depending on where you lived in the USA you save yourself more than that $3500 in either state or sales (or both) taxes in 2-3 years. Not to mention federal taxes, and that's with a below average income.

So either you did benefit or you're a career welfare bum, in which case we don't want you here anyway. If the process worked properly you should have just been able to notify your congressman or senator that you were a non-reforming bum that hated getting all of the benefits of being one in this country, and gotten a free plane ride to wherever your freeloading ass thought was better. Your citizenship cancelled free of charge of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to Potawami II For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2020, 05:05 PM
The Hawks Nest

Thanked 25,060 Times in 8,882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_In_29 View Post
The fee charged is hardly a detriment for those best and brightest, who by definition would be very successful monetarily.

And as was pointed out, 6K in a population of 350 million isn't even a blip on the radar. Hell, 6K people move TO America in a month.
More like 50k move to the US each month. So basically nearly 10 times more move to the US each month then leave the US in a year.

"A terrorist is only as strong as the fear he creates."

"Things you own end up owning you"
- Tyler Durden
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hawk55732 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2020, 05:56 PM
Let the Debate begin

Thanked 11,376 Times in 4,021 Posts

I think its wonderful that Snowflakes are leaving in record numbers.
President Trump should make it easier to renounce their citizenship.
One way tickets for everyone!
Make America Great Again!

He needs to hurry up because more will leave when he gets 4 more
years, especially if he makes it easy.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:11 PM
Survivor

Thanked 38,750 Times in 9,169 Posts

And here all along I had been hoping dirtpiggy was going to call all of the liberals here who have said time and again they were leaving and invite them on down to Kiwi-land. Sounds like a great place. Or perhaps not. A coworker of mine is Kiwi. Head of IT for my old BU there. Avid gun enthusiast. Or was I should say. Most of the good stuff had to be turned in to appease the Muslim extremists.
The Following User Says Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2020, 07:30 PM
I have control issues

Thanked 9,489 Times in 3,609 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Gardening Post or Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_HighCountry View Post
Most of the good stuff had to be turned in to appease the Muslim extremists.
Of COURSE. Otherwise, people would be able to fight back WHEN (NOT if) the extremists launch their Jihad to take over the country and impose Sharia law on EVERYONE. Because that IS their ultimate goal. First infiltrate quietly. Then, start taking over the political systems. THEN, when you have enough power, launch the all-out offensive to subjugate the infidels.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:21 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,092 Times in 3,197 Posts

Sounds like a whiney excuse for a situation that is too straight forward to have an excuse. 3500 is nothing. If it is, then its too late. Cant think that taxes are low in NZ. Even so, the local expats can help, if they will or can.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:31 PM
Basket of deplorables

Thanked 6,238 Times in 1,635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural Buckeye Guy View Post
Sounds like a whiney excuse for a situation that is too straight forward to have an excuse. 3500 is nothing. If it is, then its too late. Cant think that taxes are low in NZ. Even so, the local expats can help, if they will or can.
I got this from a Kiwi site (Moneyhub/NZ):

Income Level PAYE Rate
Income up to $14,000 10.50%
Income over $14,000 and up to $48,000 17.50%
Income over $48,000 and up to $70,000 30%
Income over $70,000 33%

Some other fun filled facts about the cost of living in NZ:
https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-l...ry/new-zealand

If all of that good news does not make you day let's not forget about the Value Added Tax on your purchases:

13.00% The current New Zealand VAT (Value Added Tax) is 13.00%. The VAT is a sales tax that applies to the purchase of most goods and services, and must be collected and submitted by the merchant to the New Zealand governmental revenue department.

With the average "cheap" price of fuel being $5.337 per gallon I'm sure it is a whole lot of fun to take leisurely car rides through the countryside on a Sunday afternoon.

Old 08-09-2020, 08:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 9,092 Times in 3,197 Posts

Yowza....thats steep. Sounds like expats are bled dry. Sucks to be them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rural Buckeye Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2020, 11:04 PM
Offline starting sept 1st

Thanked 1,058 Times in 493 Posts

Not sure if you all realize but no one is moving to the US since the pandemic US foreign missions arn't operating. No one is able to get documents and immigration is frozen.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:08 AM
Basket of deplorables

Thanked 6,238 Times in 1,635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
Not sure if you all realize but no one is moving to the US since the pandemic US foreign missions arn't operating. No one is able to get documents and immigration is frozen.
Do you really think that is a bad thing in anyone's mind here other than some leftist? I have read some silly posts from you before but this one has it's own level of comedy.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2020, 12:26 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Ashley View Post
So you haven’t heard of illegal immigration?
Or do you just think criminals stop doing what they do because of Covid?

Wow.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2020, 12:54 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,502 Times in 1,709 Posts

Quote:

That's the best reason I've ever heard for putting you on ignore.
Thanks!
Old 08-10-2020, 01:08 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,605 Times in 909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
"Turn in their passports?"
Why?

The passport is not limited to citizens. An American national non-citizen can use the passport.
Sure, but but that catagory ( American National non citizen) is pretty much limited to Samoans. I had to spend a day making at their consulate after we evicted a extended family of Somoans living in the woods on some property my employer owns. Learned more than I wanted to about Somoa.
Closed Thread