Visible generation gap in destructive riots, looting & arson - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here

Old 06-03-2020, 12:19 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 30,607 Times in 8,270 Posts
Default Visible generation gap in destructive riots, looting & arson

Advertise Here

VISIBLE GENERATION GAP IN DESTRUCTIVE RIOTS, LOOTING & ARSON

Day to day lately, I have watched a considerable amount of the current riots on various news channels. One thing is obvious, the vast majority of those committing destructive rioting, looting & arson are young, generally by appearance under 30 years of age (born 1990 & thereafter). Take that however you want, but it says much about that generation (whatever that generation is called?)

Secondly, while I am not & don’t want to appear as a racist. It appears to me the bulk of the “looters” are Afro-Americans. Which says much about how they were brought up, their disregard of the law, other peoples property & business's. None of this paints a pretty picture of those people, and they wonder why & how other people become “prejudiced” against them.

The other thing I noticed is the involved apparently dyed in the wool Anarchists / Antifa people appear to most often wear hoodies, sunglasses & masks to avoid being ID’ed later by facial recognition software. Which generally points out who they are & LE should prioritize stopping/questioning those wearing that garb.

It also appears to me, political leadership in the involved major cities is/was severally lacking when all this began. After day one, strict curfews should have been established & enforced; + come down hard & fast on all the lawbreakers thereafter. Instead of nipping this in the bud, it appears its being allowed to fester & grow. Which to me is gross malfeasance by city, county & State elected political leaders.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:07 AM
Cat and parrot whisperer

Thanked 2,100 Times in 819 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerbuster View Post
VISIBLE GENERATION GAP IN DESTRUCTIVE RIOTS, LOOTING & ARSON

Day to day lately, I have watched a considerable amount of the current riots on various news channels. One thing is obvious, the vast majority of those committing destructive rioting, looting & arson are young, generally by appearance under 30 years of age (born 1990 & thereafter). Take that however you want, but it says much about that generation (whatever that generation is called?)

Secondly, while I am not & don’t want to appear as a racist. It appears to me the bulk of the “looters” are Afro-Americans. Which says much about how they were brought up, their disregard of the law, other peoples property & business's. None of this paints a pretty picture of those people, and they wonder why & how other people become “prejudiced” against them.

The other thing I noticed is the involved apparently dyed in the wool Anarchists / Antifa people appear to most often wear hoodies, sunglasses & masks to avoid being ID’ed later by facial recognition software. Which generally points out who they are & LE should prioritize stopping/questioning those wearing that garb.

It also appears to me, political leadership in the involved major cities is/was severally lacking when all this began. After day one, strict curfews should have been established & enforced; + come down hard & fast on all the lawbreakers thereafter. Instead of nipping this in the bud, it appears its being allowed to fester & grow. Which to me is gross malfeasance by city, county & State elected political leaders.
Well the thing is....it's almost ALWAYS that age group doing these sorts of things. In the 60's it was the young burning their draft cards, etc. In the LA riots it was mostly young people doing the vandalism and looting. So it's the same thing now. The more things change, the more they stay the same. I do agree though, they should have been tougher and restored order early on. Not doing so has resulted in escalation and people are now dying as a result. It's almost to the point now that I think they might have to shoot some people in order to get things calmed down. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:56 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,255 Times in 610 Posts

Around my area the young white people start the demonstration, then the middle age blacks show up and turn it into a riot, then the young blacks come in and loot and destroy while the young whites go home.
Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to browningv308 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2020, 06:06 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,274 Posts

Yes, it is the young who riot. They can run fast.

Yes, due to racial segregation, blacks can walk to the areas that would be looted. White people would have to travel by car - unwise, or walk through black neighborhoods - unwise. https://streets.mn/2017/11/20/map-mo...l-segregation/

Hoodie is fairly universal. Sunglasses in pocket, mask in pocket. Nothing to see here.

Curfew maybe a good idea, however what you've overlooked is the cause of the protests. Remove the police brutality and murders and there isn't a protest. Remove the police beating the crowd ( numerous video footage of this ), and there isn't a riot. Why not start here - nothing has changed since the LA riots of 92.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:06 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,780 Times in 5,674 Posts

Look at those under 30 today. What have they built with their own 2 hands? Not much. By the age of 21 I owned my first house. I have been fortunate to make my own luck and had a career spanning 4 decades.

These under 30 kids really have nothing and lack the ambition to go after their slice of the pie. Gone are the places like where I worked. If they went to college, they are likely saddled with debt and possibly a useless degree. Their indoctrination into communism is complete and think the world owes them everything.

Most of what I see on TV and online are white kids out and about during the day trying to take what you and I have built up. They are obviously not holding jobs and travel out of state to do their goonery.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 07:14 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,246 Times in 2,011 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
Yes, it is the young who riot. They can run fast.

Yes, due to racial segregation, blacks can walk to the areas that would be looted. White people would have to travel by car - unwise, or walk through black neighborhoods - unwise. https://streets.mn/2017/11/20/map-mo...l-segregation/

Hoodie is fairly universal. Sunglasses in pocket, mask in pocket. Nothing to see here.

Curfew maybe a good idea, however what you've overlooked is the cause of the protests. Remove the police brutality and murders and there isn't a protest. Remove the police beating the crowd ( numerous video footage of this ), and there isn't a riot. Why not start here - nothing has changed since the LA riots of 92.
So 30years of you/your progs "running" these cities and nothing has changed? The blacks are still permanently aggrieved/whining with hands out? Looks to me like rather pathetic "leadership" by the incompetent buffoons of the demtard party. Going to give them some more?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 07:34 AM
Dios y Tejas

Thanked 20,098 Times in 5,162 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
Look at those under 30 today. What have they built with their own 2 hands? Not much. By the age of 21 I owned my first house. I have been fortunate to make my own luck and had a career spanning 4 decades.

These under 30 kids really have nothing and lack the ambition to go after their slice of the pie. Gone are the places like where I worked. If they went to college, they are likely saddled with debt and possibly a useless degree. Their indoctrination into communism is complete and think the world owes them everything.

Most of what I see on TV and online are white kids out and about during the day trying to take what you and I have built up. They are obviously not holding jobs and travel out of state to do their goonery.
These are only a few of the factors but are definitely ingredients in the cake. Here are a few other , IMO... still it is an incomplete list

First, the increase in the divorce rate has alot to do with it. It is easier to just dump the problem instead of tryng to fix it. That doesnt mean some break-ups arent warranted, but 50% of marriages (IIRC) dont make it.

Second, this results in fatherless homes. Sorry ladies, it takes both parents and then it is still hard and a crap shoot

Third,the culture (music and film) glorifies decadent behavior. That doesnt exactly build character.

Fourth, Believe it or not, the decline of participation in organized religion removes one of the anchors keeping youth from straying. My apologies to the atheists here, but I believe this to be true.

Fifth, as we all know, we have allowed indoctrination through the education system all the way up to 22-23 y.o.

Sixth, we, as a nation, spoiled them. We were raised by the "Greatest Generation" and have reaped our own rewards by struggling through initial poverty when we were young. Nothing was handed to most of us. This also builds character and wisdom.

In time they will find adulthood. The question is how much damage we will allow before this maturing is complete. JMO

PS... my first house I was 23... you beat me. And the wife was calculating the cost of our meals down to the penny... we ate a ton of Chicken a la King cut with lots and lots of rice for a couple of years. My wife is a brilliant economist LOL
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sky1950 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 10:01 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiowa View Post
So 30years of you/your progs "running" these cities and nothing has changed? The blacks are still permanently aggrieved/whining with hands out? Looks to me like rather pathetic "leadership" by the incompetent buffoons of the demtard party. Going to give them some more?
National problems need national solutions.
How about tax the oligarchs.
Raise the minimum wage.
Have universal health care.
Police the police.
For a start. Why not just try it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiberius For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 10:53 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky1950 View Post
These are only a few of the factors but are definitely ingredients in the cake. Here are a few other , IMO... still it is an incomplete list

First, the increase in the divorce rate has alot to do with it. It is easier to just dump the problem instead of tryng to fix it. That doesnt mean some break-ups arent warranted, but 50% of marriages (IIRC) dont make it.

Second, this results in fatherless homes. Sorry ladies, it takes both parents and then it is still hard and a crap shoot

Third,the culture (music and film) glorifies decadent behavior. That doesnt exactly build character.

Fourth, Believe it or not, the decline of participation in organized religion removes one of the anchors keeping youth from straying. My apologies to the atheists here, but I believe this to be true.

Fifth, as we all know, we have allowed indoctrination through the education system all the way up to 22-23 y.o.

Sixth, we, as a nation, spoiled them. We were raised by the "Greatest Generation" and have reaped our own rewards by struggling through initial poverty when we were young. Nothing was handed to most of us. This also builds character and wisdom.

In time they will find adulthood. The question is how much damage we will allow before this maturing is complete. JMO

PS... my first house I was 23... you beat me. And the wife was calculating the cost of our meals down to the penny... we ate a ton of Chicken a la King cut with lots and lots of rice for a couple of years. My wife is a brilliant economist LOL
It could also have to do with land prices skyrocketing around the time they came of age(land prices in my area went up 1000% in about 4 years. At the same time the federal govt and stat govt forced local govts to intact and enforce building codes. So now we can't afford land to build on and once we do we can no longer move in a cheap trailer or build a small shack to live in while we build our own home. We are also no longer allowed to build a house and live in it as we finish it. These are all methods that were common in the past to allow poorer people to own their own home.

It could have to do with the federal govt telling a bunch of trumps friends that if they form a new bank the govt will pay the bank to take back foreclosures of failed banks. Then those banks sold the properties to themselves to rent out at high prices. By doing that millions of homes were have been taken permanently off the market forcing people to pay high rents and gain no equity while doing so.

It could have to do with raising prices and stagnating wages.

It could have to do with the insane cost of low quality health insurance we are forced to buy.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:57 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,272 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasers View Post
It could also have to do with land prices skyrocketing around the time they came of age(land prices in my area went up 1000% in about 4 years. At the same time the federal govt and stat govt forced local govts to intact and enforce building codes. So now we can't afford land to build on and once we do we can no longer move in a cheap trailer or build a small shack to live in while we build our own home. We are also no longer allowed to build a house and live in it as we finish it. These are all methods that were common in the past to allow poorer people to own their own home.

It could have to do with the federal govt telling a bunch of trumps friends that if they form a new bank the govt will pay the bank to take back foreclosures of failed banks. Then those banks sold the properties to themselves to rent out at high prices. By doing that millions of homes were have been taken permanently off the market forcing people to pay high rents and gain no equity while doing so.

It could have to do with the insane cost of low quality health insurance we are forced to buy.
I can actually agree with that. But why wait till now?
Old 06-03-2020, 11:15 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by devron View Post
I can actually agree with that. But why wait till now?
Why wait till now? To protest and or riot you mean?

I think it is because it is always the youngest generation that do those things.

I was more referring to the comment before you(but continuing on your answers) of people under 30 being lazy, wanting everything handed to them and not owning anything.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:21 AM
Survivor

Thanked 73,200 Times in 22,577 Posts

Quote:
Raise the minimum wage.
Police the police.

Why not keep your commie crap in your own nation.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 11:25 AM
Survivor

Quote:

I'm a little older, but that's more than offset by the 8 years I served in the Marines. Not to mention the years of health issues.

I'm sitting in a house (small apartment attached to my shop) I partially built myself 5 years ago, and paid cash for.

I lived in my travel trailer while it went up.

4-4 more years till I build my nice house on the same land.
(No building codes)

Can ABSOLUTELY still do it today.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 12:05 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad, 2nd View Post
I'm a little older, but that's more than offset by the 8 years I served in the Marines. Not to mention the years of health issues.

I'm sitting in a house (small apartment attached to my shop) I partially built myself 5 years ago, and paid cash for.

I lived in my travel trailer while it went up.

4-4 more years till I build my nice house on the same land.
(No building codes)

Can ABSOLUTELY still do it today.
Yes you can. If you are willing to drop all friends and family and move somewhere that still allows it. I have seriously thought of moving to Mane or Arkansas because of their lax zoning. The problem is 25 years ago Wisconsin also let you do whatever you wanted outside of town. Last summer I even spoke in person for about 20 minutes with my state legislature representative on how I feel building codes shouldn't apply or should have loopholes for owner built and occupied homes. Maybe it is time to write him a letter to bring it up again.

I am actually in the process of building a home and storing it until I can find land that I can afford and zoning will allow me to build it. If I sign an affidavit saying it is against my religion I skirt some of the requirements for a new home that drive the cost way up. However it would be much nicer if I could just build what I want, how I want as I can afford it.

As far as living in a trailer while building your home. You can't do that here. Unless it is a trailer home that is already grandfathered in. If you want to move in a trailer you HAVE to put in on a cement slab and you HAVE to put in at least a holding tank and the trailer has to be at least 16 feet wide. All these rules are done in an effort to prevent people like me from moving in a couple thousand dollar single wide trailer and being content living in something that is paid off while slowly building what they want.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:16 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Yes you can. If you are willing to drop all friends and family and move somewhere that still allows it. I have seriously thought of moving to Mane or Arkansas because of their lax zoning. The problem is 25 years ago Wisconsin also let you do whatever you wanted outside of town.
So?

Zoning has 'been a thing' for over 100 years.

Young people have ALWAYS (when lucky enough to have the ability to) moved away for bigger opportunities.

Ever here the saying:
"Go west going man, go west, and grow old with the country"

Your bitching about things that were like that already when your great Grandfather was born.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 08:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 11,321 Times in 3,577 Posts

Quote:
Raise the minimum wage.
Police the police.
We have all that in Canada an the scumbags still riot.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Exarmyguy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 09:53 PM
Prepared

Thanked 18,757 Times in 8,593 Posts

I predict in future events it won't be limited to the young, since multi-national corps and absentee landlords have permanently priced real estate out of reach in many local economies. Locals can never be capitalists, property owners, or the like. No reason not to burn it down. From their perspective, it's not their property and never will be, so light it up.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:44 PM
Survivor

Quote:

Police the police.
Laughable. The Dems pushed thru $600/week fed monopoly $ as part of the . chicom flu "recovery" bill. Shocking, that rather than working the lazy happily went on this welfare rather than being keeping the jobs they could have stayed at. "making" more on welfare than when working.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 10:50 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Yes you can. If you are willing to drop all friends and family and move somewhere that still allows it. I have seriously thought of moving to Mane or Arkansas because of their lax zoning. The problem is 25 years ago Wisconsin also let you do whatever you wanted outside of town. Last summer I even spoke in person for about 20 minutes with my state legislature representative on how I feel building codes shouldn't apply or should have loopholes for owner built and occupied homes. Maybe it is time to write him a letter to bring it up again.

I am actually in the process of building a home and storing it until I can find land that I can afford and zoning will allow me to build it. If I sign an affidavit saying it is against my religion I skirt some of the requirements for a new home that drive the cost way up. However it would be much nicer if I could just build what I want, how I want as I can afford it.

As far as living in a trailer while building your home. You can't do that here. Unless it is a trailer home that is already grandfathered in. If you want to move in a trailer you HAVE to put in on a cement slab and you HAVE to put in at least a holding tank and the trailer has to be at least 16 feet wide. All these rules are done in an effort to prevent people like me from moving in a couple thousand dollar single wide trailer and being content living in something that is paid off while slowly building what they want.
1. Stop making excuses and get the heck out of Madison.
2. If you'll stop whining you can move to Iowa.
The Following User Says Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2020, 03:10 AM
Nunquam Non Paratus

Thanked 3,379 Times in 1,149 Posts

It is generally the young who riot. While I agree that maybe the majority of the looters were black, my observations from the comfort of my livingroom are that the majority of the violence such as throwing rocks and molotov cocktails, and general violence has been young white people. Just on this limited observation it appears that the black people are taking the opportunity to get some free stuff while the whites are taking the opportunity to destroy the country. YMMV of course and I don't suppose to suggest my limited observations are in fact...facts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jchavasu For This Useful Post: