Old 06-02-2020, 05:19 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,837 Times in 1,613 Posts
Default 10 million arrests a year in the US

Advertise Here

According to:
https://www.drugwarfacts.org/node/23.../total_arrests

In 2018 there were 10,310,960 arrests.
Averaged out that is almost a million per month.
Over 28,000 a day.
Over 1,000 per hour.
——-EDIT brain cramp——-

In the time it took me to write the above a couple hundred people have been arrested.
I think it’s safe to say that most of those arrested are being recorded either by the cops themselves or bystanders.

What Officer Chauvin did deserves prosecution but it is not evidence of widespread racism/murder in the nation’s police forces that BLM Antifa and the Democrat party want us to believe.

In my opinion anyway.

Edit to add:
In case my post wasn’t clear I am trying to point out that with that number of arrests, most of which are recorded, if there were this institutional racism in the police there would be many, many, many more of these cases.

Many more.

On the day Floyd was abused and died there were about 28,000 arrests that did not end that way and one that did.
Since that day there have been almost a quarter million more arrests that also did not end the same way.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2020, 05:49 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,216 Times in 407 Posts

I used to think what they say is real. Then the media spent years selling me fake cases that proved not to be true. The only conclusion that I can come to is they didn't have any real cases so they had to make some up. Which, then means - the issue being demonstrated over is mostly fiction - otherwise, they could have reported on actual cases for years and years - instead of lying and making up a bunch of false BS to sell everyone.

And yes, then these protests - and the destruction, the violence, all of it, motivated mostly by politics. Buckle up.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to film495 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2020, 06:00 PM
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!

Thanked 45,757 Times in 10,565 Posts

Don't do the crime!

You need not worry!

If you look at the scum, thugs, drunks, druggies, murderers and rapists, I'm surprised the cops aren't worse than they are....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ManyFeathers For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2020, 06:19 PM
독수리 발톱

Thanked 1,337 Times in 429 Posts

Locking up poor people is a BILLION dollar business in the US. We have the largest gulag system that has ever existed on planet earth. Basically everything here has been criminalized. You commit 5 felonies just walking to the store for milk.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to blunky For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2020, 06:28 PM
Prepared

Thanked 1,278 Times in 309 Posts

10 million released a year in the us
The Following User Says Thank You to vtx rudy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2020, 06:33 PM
Let the Debate begin

Thanked 11,056 Times in 3,910 Posts

We all have our priorities.
My main Priority is to not go to prison.
So when my evil Ex deserved to be
hit multiple times, I let her third husband
do it.

You can't fix stupid.
What you can to is
put it in jail so its out
of the way for a while.
The Following User Says Thank You to Truck Vet For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunky View Post
Locking up poor people is a BILLION dollar business in the US. We have the largest gulag system that has ever existed on planet earth. Basically everything here has been criminalized. You commit 5 felonies just walking to the store for milk.
A lie that has been debunked on multiple occasions. Feel free to provide proof.
The Following User Says Thank You to Negentropy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 01:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 2,188 Times in 1,273 Posts

The fact that officer Chauvin had 18 previous excessive force complaint investigations and no action taken tells you everything you need to know.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tiberius For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 06:34 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,213 Times in 2,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
The fact that officer Chauvin had 18 previous excessive force complaint investigations and no action taken tells you everything you need to know.
Yes that urban blacks largely get a pass on bad behavior.

You been in the hospital/under a rock? The board has not been short on prog drivel though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neiowa For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 06:43 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,325 Times in 1,949 Posts

And a disproportionate number of the arrest are black Americans because they are breaking the law. There is no need for a black person to have contact with the police if they obey our laws. There is no reason to ever be roughed up or beaten by the cops unless you resist. They have selected this life style.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 06:52 AM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 21,428 Times in 4,583 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, but only in Democrat-controlled cities. They are the same people who want to give voting rights to felons and release criminals from jail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
Not necessarily. He was a 19-year veteran. I'd be surprised to find any veteran cop in a large city who didn't have a list of complaints on his or her record. The fact that he wasn't disciplined indicates there probably was no merit to the complaints.

About half the time when a minority is arrested, they will claim they've been abused because judges then let them go. Self-inflicted injuries are common in large cities.

Do not forget that black folk make up about 14% of the population. If you limit that to black males, it's about 7%. Yet they commit more than 50% of all homicides and are responsible for over 90% of all black folks murdered. If there is a problem with black people being murdered, it's in their own communities, not with the police.

The goal here is to make all LEOs fear black criminals, not because they are afraid of the criminal, but because of the political ramifications. That leaves the criminals free to do whatever they want.

I agree that George Floyd's injuries were not self-inflicted. But as a general rule, if you don't resist, you don't get hurt. We still do not know why and how Floyd ended up pinned to the ground. The body cam videos are intentionally being withheld.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 07:30 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,763 Times in 5,666 Posts

Quote:
Look up the prison stats in Texas and Florida alone. IIRC, 3 out of 100 males in Texas between the age of 18 and 35 have been incarcerated at some point. It is a big industry that makes lots of $$ for the states.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
Look up the prison stats in Texas and Florida alone. IIRC, 3 out of 100 males in Texas between the age of 18 and 35 have been incarcerated at some point. It is a big industry that makes lots of $$ for the states.
Although it may be an industry on the back end, how does that motivate frontline troops? Are police receiving bonuses or kickbacks per arrest?
Old 06-03-2020, 09:02 AM
Deplorable On Steroids

Thanked 63,381 Times in 21,252 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Somewhere in the USA ... a white cop is either being assaulted or shot at. Total silence from the fake news media (in most cases).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 02:47 PM
독수리 발톱

Thanked 1,337 Times in 429 Posts

That's like asking what the motivation is for the Walmart cashier to help the Walton family make BILLIONS of dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negentropy View Post
Although it may be an industry on the back end, how does that motivate frontline troops? Are police receiving bonuses or kickbacks per arrest?
Old 06-03-2020, 05:54 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,325 Times in 1,949 Posts

You pay carpenters to build houses and brick layers to lay bricks. You pay cops to put those *******s in jail, in order to keep the rest of us safe.

Take Floyd for instance. What was he doing prior to the confrontation, attempting to pass counterfeit bills.

Last edited by Aceoky; 06-05-2020 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: Do not bypass the language filter
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 10:37 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,216 Times in 407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
Somewhere in the USA ... a white cop is either being assaulted or shot at. Total silence from the fake news media (in most cases).
I think I read earlier, 2 were killed just today... not that I'm all about Cops, but they do a job where every day might well be your last day on earth, and they know it, every day - and still go do the job.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:10 PM
Dunning-Kruger Survivor

Thanked 21,633 Times in 5,563 Posts

Quote:
Bull****, troll.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:18 PM
Beware of the dog!

Thanked 2,310 Times in 887 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpus View Post
According to:
https://www.drugwarfacts.org/node/23.../total_arrests

In 2018 there were 10,310,960 arrests.
Averaged out that is almost a million per month.
Over 28,000 a day.
Over 1,000 per hour.
About 20 arrests every second.
I call BullPoop. In Nevada a misdemeanor citation (ticket) is considered an arrest. Therefore a ticket for a broken tail light or not using a turn signal, or speeding, or any other wimpy charge is an arrest. I suspect this is similar in many other other states.
The statistics are inaccurate.

EDIT AGAIN: After reading the OP's updated original post I understand he was pointing out the large amount of arrests compared to the minimal amount of complaints. Now that I understand this better I think my suggestion that a citation arrest was not the same as an in custody arrest is somewhat irrelevant. In my comment the citation was allowed because the person was cooperative and nothing went haywire.

Last edited by INresponse; 06-03-2020 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: added the quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to INresponse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 11:19 PM

Quote:
That's like asking what the motivation is for the Walmart cashier to help the Walton family make BILLIONS of dollars.
No, it's not the same. Police arrest on evidence that a crime was committed. There is not financial incentive to arrest an individual. There is so much crime that occurs that in most jurisdictions police are underpaid and over worked.

I have great respect for good cops who keep the order and prevent chaos.
The Following User Says Thank You to Negentropy For This Useful Post: