Car follows you walking...they get out and surround you...shoot or talk? - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here

Old 05-07-2020, 07:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,394 Times in 3,081 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Car follows you while you are walking in a secluded or desolate area. The occupants get out and start a formation to surround you.

Do you shoot or talk?
If you are armed AND they surround you? Shoot. Then vanish casually. Do I need to show everyone how to do everything all of the time? LOL.
Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2020, 10:35 PM
Survivor

Thanked 25,081 Times in 7,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
To the scoffer that thinks this is unlikely, this is a very common threat. You don't have to be in the middle of a desert.

I routinely walk though a small private college campus for exercise. During the summer it is shut down and the parking lots are empty. A car can drive up with a load of people at any time looking for some 'fun.' I'm seeing a lot of racial attacks on YouTube where mobs of black teens attack someone. Then you have the political attacks if you wear the wrong hat.

When I lived in L.A. I was adjacent to So. L.A. One night as I came home a car of blacks drove up and asked me what time it was. As I looked at my watch for the time, one got out and held a gun to my head and robbed me. That made me very weary about talking to people that drive up or even getting near them.
Thanks for making my case. Donít walk there, itís a silly place to walk. And donít live in LA, or even California for cripes sake.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:11 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,459 Times in 477 Posts
Default statistically

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontbuypotteryfromme View Post
So you have to staunch up to a car full of people?

Why not just run away? Shoot people if they chase you.
Statistically speaking, If someone confronts you with a handgun and you just takeoff running, he only has a 15% chance of hitting you and of the people who are hit, only 5% die.

That is actually better odds than you have in a point blank shootout .
The Following User Says Thank You to BillM For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2020, 05:36 AM

Back away, try watching all of them. It doesn't matter who or what they are or look like. Issue verbal commands. If they continue, they have started the ball rolling. Rule of thumb applies here. As always leader first
Old 05-08-2020, 05:53 AM
Prepared

how about call 911 and let the police handle the car get license number if they drive off. if a car follows you go where a car can not. if people follow you go where people can not. reverse direction, make a turn go off the road, prove that these folks are not just looking for an address, if they do a 180 and follow you you have more grounds if involved in an altercation, if you have called the police you have a record of your suspicion.

if you decide you need to use force you better be able to articulate why you felt threatened.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:05 AM
Survivor

Thanked 8,041 Times in 4,081 Posts

I'll just flash them my concealed carry badge...
Kidding, I don't have one.

Serious note, I stopped by one the of the many wildlife areas the other day to take a peek at one of the creeks. There were other vehicles in the parking area. One immediately started up and headed my way as soon as I got out of my 4Runner.

Open carry is legal in Missouri. As they were driving over, I just happened to need to adjust my holster. They saw it, waved a greeting, and kept on driving.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:59 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,811 Times in 594 Posts

An incident happened to me one time while on active duty stationed in Germany. It was later in the evening, about 10 pm, and I was showing a couple of fresh off the plane newbies the layout of the small village that we were garrisoned at. As we sauntered past a multistory building, a white van raced up to the curb, and about 6 uniformed German Polizei with MP5 machine guns gripped in front of them quickly exited the sliding and passenger doors of the van. They bum rushed the three of us and using their MP5's shoved us into a very tight cluster, while keeping us surrounded. I was just beginning to attempt to communicate with them when the building owner or manager came running out and informed the Storm Troopers that we were not the suspects in what was apparently a break in at the multi story building. They quickly ran off with the man without so much as an apology or a good bye. What an adrenalin dump that was. Lessoned learned, if you are caught off guard and even if you are armed, you still have very little chance to protect yourself. If someone would in that circumstance even attempted to use a pistol for self defense it would have been suicide for you and your comrades.
Old 05-08-2020, 03:02 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,403 Times in 565 Posts

One thing about it... the Polizei don't play around. They WILL whoop your azz if you cause issues with them. And the judge will side with them... every time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to no guns here For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2020, 03:20 PM
Survivor

Thanked 16,052 Times in 8,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillM View Post
Quote:

Statistically speaking, If someone confronts you with a handgun and you just takeoff running, he only has a 15% chance of hitting you and of the people who are hit, only 5% die.

That is actually better odds than you have in a point blank shootout . [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.survivalistboards.com/images/smilies/cool.gif[/IMG]
Yeah. Are people assuming that this car load of bad guys are not armed?

In which case I can't see anyone winning a shootout.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:59 PM
Hunter

Thanked 5,532 Times in 1,440 Posts
Default Car follows you walking...they get out and surround you...shoot or talk?

Quote:

I canít run faster than a group of teens or twenty somethings, but I can draw and shoot very quickly and very accurately. I am easy prey, without a suitable weapon.

Shooting the first threat in the face with my 357 SIG could quite possibly motivate the others to seek adventure elsewhere. More than that some in the group may change their ways, not kill or assault others and avoid the death penalty. So my actions save more than just me.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:37 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 11,218 Times in 2,792 Posts

THIS REMIND anyone of that thing in Georgia???
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2020, 08:21 PM
CULT DEPROGRAMMER

Thanked 4,112 Times in 2,165 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagalaz View Post
Go on the offensive immediately, don't give them a chance to speak or take even one step towards you. Take their supposed superiority away from them, make them feel like the hunted.
yep ^^^^ This

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2020, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Police are taught to react to a deadly threat like this, "Get off the X"

If a carload of assailants surrounded my car and I had reason to believe they were presenting a deadly threat, I would drive out of the kill zone !

Remember your vehicle is a deadly weapon so if you do this you need the same justification you would need to shoot them.
Yep, I remember hearing ďGet out of the kill zone!Ē as a Army MP during convoy security and route reconnaissance training with the old M151A2 1/4 ton utility trucks. (Jeep) Never be an easy target. Being lazy will get you killed.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:00 AM
Survivor

Thanked 16,052 Times in 8,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Quote:

I can’t run faster than a group of teens or twenty somethings, but I can draw and shoot very quickly and very accurately. I am easy prey, without a suitable weapon.

Shooting the first threat in the face with my 357 SIG could quite possibly motivate the others to seek adventure elsewhere. More than that some in the group may change their ways, not kill or assault others and avoid the death penalty. So my actions save more than just me.
Have you ever killed a guy in a shootout? Or is this theoretical?
The Following User Says Thank You to dontbuypotteryfromme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2020, 12:46 AM
CULT DEPROGRAMMER

Thanked 4,112 Times in 2,165 Posts

Quote:

That is actually better odds than you have in a point blank shootout .
Serpentine,/ Serpentine,\ Serpentine,/Serpentine,
Old 05-14-2020, 01:23 AM
Hunter

Quote:
Have you ever killed a guy in a shootout? Or is this theoretical?

Stoopid question.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:29 AM
Hunter

Default Car follows you walking...they get out and surround you...shoot or talk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
Serpentine,/ Serpentine,\ Serpentine,/Serpentine,

True. Sort of. Studies show you get hit fewer times if you zig zag running away vs running in a straight line and more hits are in the extremities (which can still be very bad or deadly). That means fewer hits in the core or brain box which is usually much worse statistically speaking.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:38 PM
Prepared

To be honest, I check my six and everything else when I'm out. Just ingrained disipline. I will have lost already if I put myself in that situation. Takes a lot more effort than I wish it did but I have been avoiding conflict in this country forever.
But I'm ok at fighting.
Had real smart teachers.....they taught me to run or you have failed
Old 06-08-2020, 12:23 AM
Vampire Slayer

Thanked 12,497 Times in 4,084 Posts

Years ago, walking home from the grocery, bag in each arm, I was surrounded by a group of boys. I recognized one and called him by name. Asked him if this is what his mother raised him to be. He backed off and told his friends to leave me alone. One didnít want to back off, I expected I would have to hurt him, then the one I knew told him who I was.
They carried my groceries home for me, and I told them I didnít want to hear about them bothering anyone else.
It helps when your family has a reputation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buffy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2020, 06:19 AM
Adventurer

Thanked 1,481 Times in 451 Posts

For those who think it’s an unlikely scenario...... When I was 17 years old I had a friend who lived on a university campus that was located in a REALLY bad neighborhood kind of town (Chester PA).

The campus area is nice and clean but doesn’t exactly have a wall around it......... Anyway, the 2 of us were on the campus walking back from buying a snack at the local convenience store........ A noisy beat up van pulled up, a really swarthy looking Knee Grow jumped out of the passengers side with a tattered old shotgun and robbed us on the spot....... For less than 20 dollars.

At the time I was indeed illegally carrying a S&W 9mm that was just shoved in my waistband. There was no chance to even consider pulling it out let alone using it to defend us...... Luckily he did not search us or run our pockets and was ok with us giving him whatever we fished out of our pockets at the time.