between a rock and a hard place - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 04-23-2020, 06:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,993 Times in 3,790 Posts
Default between a rock and a hard place

Advertise Here

I can understand alot of people want to stop the what they feel is against the constitution by making them shelter in place, most have lost their jobs and cant pay their bills,and the stress that comes with that and the stress with dealing with kids out of school will lead to some domestic problems.These AMERICANS want to work they want their lives back.But with that freedom back, what if it gos bad and the virus ramps up because people went back to work & play getting togeather in groups, church, bingo ,what ever. IMO there is no easy answer for this,all the people in government are getting paid[ our elected officials],and the MEDIA, so they cant look at it thru the eyes of the americans suffering.
Im in a good place im retired and have 40 acres, and no family except my old black lab, Im prepped and have a small amount of $ and im on soc sec, but that may end when the $ run out. I just am on the fence about making people stay home or letting them live their lives like they did before the virus.
Im just curious as to how you folks feel about this situation?????
Quick reply to this message
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jimbowie1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2020, 06:55 PM
Live Free or Die

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,039 Posts

You don't dispose of the Bill of Rights because a few people get sick.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2020, 07:10 PM

I don’t actually want to go out. I just don’t want the government to tell me if I can/can’t. I am fully capable of determining what’s best for me and my family!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MHarn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2020, 07:18 PM
Swift Justice = 2950fps

Thanked 38,557 Times in 9,389 Posts

The constitution and bill of rights must ALWAYS PREVAIL and be the guide for ALL decisions and rulings.

Give that Black Lab a pat on the head for me.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PaulKersey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2020, 07:53 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 11,660 Times in 2,863 Posts

AS MUCH as you want to go out... if everything is closed and no one is open, there is no point in frothing at the bit to go out, except maybe drive around or such. Otherwise, what is the point?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NW GUY For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2020, 03:16 PM
Live Free or Die

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,039 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post
AS MUCH as you want to go out... if everything is closed and no one is open, there is no point in frothing at the bit to go out, except maybe drive around or such. Otherwise, what is the point?
To exercise our rights before the disappear.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A_SonofLiberty For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2020, 03:28 PM
Prepared

Thanked 1,035 Times in 227 Posts

It simple for me. The government should lay as much information out as they can. Instead of treating citizens like children and dictating to them what they can and can not do let them decided.

If business owners want to remain open that is their call. If they want to close that is their call.

If workers want to go to work it is their call. If they don’t it is their call. If they risk getting fired that is something they have to work into their decision making process.

If citizens want to go out it is their call. If they get sick it is a risk they took. Decisions have consequences both good and bad.

I do understand both sides of the argument. To me rights and individualism are to important to give up. Would more people die? It’s possible. But forcing people to close, lose jobs, lose their life’s savings, lose their freedom, create an environment that encourages depression is not worth it. The effects of the government shutting so many private business down is going to be felt for years to come and that is not even taking the increased national debt into consideration.

I honestly think that the cure is worse than the sickness.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to blacklab For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2020, 06:17 PM
Ultranationalist

Thanked 49,935 Times in 10,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbowie1 View Post
I can understand alot of people want to stop the what they feel is against the constitution by making them shelter in place, most have lost their jobs and cant pay their bills,and the stress that comes with that and the stress with dealing with kids out of school will lead to some domestic problems.These AMERICANS want to work they want their lives back.But with that freedom back, what if it gos bad and the virus ramps up because people went back to work & play getting togeather in groups, church, bingo ,what ever. IMO there is no easy answer for this,all the people in government are getting paid[ our elected officials],and the MEDIA, so they cant look at it thru the eyes of the americans suffering.
Im in a good place im retired and have 40 acres, and no family except my old black lab, Im prepped and have a small amount of $ and im on soc sec, but that may end when the $ run out. I just am on the fence about making people stay home or letting them live their lives like they did before the virus.
Im just curious as to how you folks feel about this situation?????
We are delaying herd immunity by staying home. That’s one thing.

Second, if it ramps up, don’t worry about what if. Do what you think you think to do. Stop worrying about the government orders and stop worrying about what other people are doing. If you need to go out, go out. If you don’t, stay in. Or whatever you want.

Btw, if you are in favor of “making” people stay home based on whether the big daddy government has deemed to be serious enough, then you’re the enemy. The government should not be able to “make” everyone do anything at all. **** them.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:05 PM
reluctant sinner

Thanked 29,031 Times in 10,171 Posts

I am beginning to hate the system more each day. Do they follow the law and actually declare martial law? No, because they would have to own up when stuff goes wrong, much easier to impose "guidelines" - fine people or throw them in jail for a few days. Put the fear of gubernment in them.

Ask the native Americans who are still on the reservation or the Japanese Americans that were denied their Constitutional rights by the gubernment. "It's for your own good" "Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot , Amin, Mussolini"....

Just wait until they develop a rona vaccine and then try to mandate taking that; there will be a lot of folks die of sudden lead poisoning. How is the Obozo care working out?
Old 04-26-2020, 08:26 PM
Basket of deplorables

Thanked 5,230 Times in 1,408 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post

Btw, if you are in favor of “making” people stay home based on whether the big daddy government has deemed to be serious enough, then you’re the enemy. The government should not be able to “make” everyone do anything at all. **** them.
Calm down Buckwheat. You are telling someone who is of age to receive Social Security, living alone without family around he is the enemy. I wonder what you will do if you become elderly? You need to take a serious look at yourself. You question his patriotism without ever knowing anything about him or what he has done for this Nation. Maybe with some maturity when you grow up you won't be so quick to start shouting about taking to the streets in protest because what that type of thinking will get is anarchy. I get it, somebody stole your milk money as a kid and now you are on a mission. Take a step back once in the while and pull off your blinders. It's not all black and white.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2020, 08:35 PM
Born 120 years too late.

Thanked 11,660 Times in 2,863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_SonofLiberty View Post
To exercise our rights before the disappear.
NOPE, don't think you got the reply.
While I understand the frustration of staying home, and wanting to "GO OUT" no matter how frustrated you are, IF everyone else si staying home and staying closed... if there is nothing open, no place to go where anything will be open, while you have the unfettered right to go out... unless you want to burn gas, why bother going out.. as in you may be the only person out there with no place to go and nothing to do.

has nothing to do with "rights" has everything to do with wasted effort.
Old 04-26-2020, 08:39 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,268 Times in 2,577 Posts

I can't make anybody do anything.

I don't want the government, whose ultimate tool and sole existence is essentially force, deadly or otherwise, to do anything either.

If massive nationwide protests start happening and some military or paramilitary groups clash with civilians and end up killing more civilians than the virus has, what point is being made?
Old 04-26-2020, 08:55 PM
Basket of deplorables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helion View Post
I can't make anybody do anything.

I don't want the government, whose ultimate tool and sole existence is essentially force, deadly or otherwise, to do anything either.

If massive nationwide protests start happening and some military or paramilitary groups clash with civilians and end up killing more civilians than the virus has, what point is being made?
None of that has happened. Not even close to any of that has happened. Cooler heads are going to prevail through this. If you have a score to settle as a result do it the right way. All in all we still have our nation. Nothing has fallen apart. We have some minor inconveniences but this nation should not throw the baby out with the bath water.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2020, 09:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,268 Times in 2,577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
None of that has happened. Not even close to any of that has happened. Cooler heads are going to prevail through this. If you have a score to settle as a result do it the right way. All in all we still have our nation. Nothing has fallen apart. We have some minor inconveniences but this nation should not throw the baby out with the bath water.
"The land of the free" also shouldn't be interning healthy individuals with no evidence of illness under the threat of deadly force either.

The hawks always whine and bitch about democracy, freedom and human rights endowed by their creator when wanting to bomb the **** out of a country where most people dont even have indoor plumbing but I guess all that freedom talk goes out the window for reasons like a virus with a relatively low mortality rate.

That's not even touching on the draconian implements that are in the works. Things aren't going to go back to normal any time soon.

This is the new Patriot Act.

Also I like how you framed it as having a "score to settle" once anybody has the foresight to see that Uncle Sam already has his pants half way down about to rape everybody, even worse than the last time at the behest of Silicon Valley and other key players in the info-sector.

I guess adding trillions more in debt, about 25 million unemployed and thousands of small business closures really brings out the Kumbayah in people and this isn't even over yet.

Do you even know what happens in places with high unemployment and poverty? You ever lived in one? Do you know why or how economic sanctions work?

Because this is pretty much domestically implemented economic sanctions.

If things don't change for the better anytime soon, you will find out real quick what its like.

All your little "rules" and "laws" and "civility" go right out the ****ing window and you'll find out exactly why poor, hungry and desperate people devolve into savages and take their anger out on the party they deem complicit.

The unemployment checks only last for so long, the money spigot will eventually run dry and then we get to truly see the ripple this thing causes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Helion For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2020, 09:43 PM
Basket of deplorables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helion View Post
"The land of the free" also shouldn't be interning healthy individuals with no evidence of illness under the threat of deadly force either.

The hawks always whine and bitch about democracy, freedom and human rights endowed by their creator when wanting to bomb the **** out of a country where most people dont even have indoor plumbing but I guess all that freedom talk goes out the window for reasons like a virus with a relatively low mortality rate.

That's not even touching on the draconian implements that are in the works. Things aren't going to go back to normal any time soon.

This is the new Patriot Act.

Also I like how you framed it as having a "score to settle" once anybody has the foresight to see that Uncle Sam already has his pants half way down about to rape everybody, even worse than the last time at the behest of Silicon Valley and other key players in the info-sector.

I guess adding trillions more in debt, about 25 million unemployed and thousands of small business closures really brings out the Kumbayah in people and this isn't even over yet.

Do you even know what happens in places with high unemployment and poverty? You ever lived in one? Do you know why or how economic sanctions work?

Because this is pretty much domestically implemented economic sanctions.

If things don't change for the better anytime soon, you will find out real quick what its like.

All your little "rules" and "laws" and "civility" go right out the ****ing window and you'll find out exactly why poor, hungry and desperate people devolve into savages and take their anger out on the party they deem complicit.

The unemployment checks only last for so long, the money spigot will eventually run dry and then we get to truly see the ripple this thing causes.

Before you get too far up on your high horse yes, I know what it's like to live in a third world country. I know about unemployment and poverty. I know what it's like to have grave concerns about feeding your own family. Nowhere in my last post did I advocate adding trillions of dollars in national debt. "All your little "rules" and "laws" and "civility" Not sure exactly where you garnered all of that from? You seem to have worked yourself up into a lather. I was just outside one hour ago talking with my neighbors. Nobody was pointing a gun at me using deadly force making me go back inside. Several other neighbors walked right past us and waved wishing us a good evening. At no point was there or have I seen black helicopters hovering above or riot squads goose stepping through my neighborhood. If you are living somewhere where they are threatening you with "Deadly force" for being outside I would question either your truthfulness or decision making for doing so "if" that threat truly does exist. Relax Petunia, all I'm saying is keep calm and make good decisions. Now is not the time to fall upon your sword. Should you desire to do so you will lead a one man gang charge into a lot of issues with people that have no sense of humor right now.

This is not the end of the world. We are undergoing some changes. Things may or may not go back like we had them. Getting upset and acting the fool now will only get you a fools reward but do as you please, it's your life. Go on out there and show everyone how you are going to right the course in this nation with your ideas. Once you act on them come on back here and tell us about your experience. As I said before right now is the time for cooler heads as they will prevail not Katie Bar The Door, Imma start me a revolution mindset. The great thing about this nation is you can do that if you wish. Knock yourself out Sport it will give me some interesting headlines to read.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2020, 10:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,993 Times in 3,790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBryan314 View Post
We are delaying herd immunity by staying home. That’s one thing.

Second, if it ramps up, don’t worry about what if. Do what you think you think to do. Stop worrying about the government orders and stop worrying about what other people are doing. If you need to go out, go out. If you don’t, stay in. Or whatever you want.

I never said anything about supporting staying at home or going out,What is this im the enemy, B/S. I guess i will just consider the source and ignore the post.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimbowie1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2020, 05:58 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,363 Times in 1,961 Posts

I believe Sweden had the right idea. Allowing the virus to run its course could have solved a lot of problems. The economy would have continued to prosper and the gene pool correction would have eliminated a lot of elderly (self included) and weak. Immunity would arrive and the dollar would have survived. Welfare cases would have dropped.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:15 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,826 Times in 5,683 Posts

I just retired 10 days ago, I really don't have to go anywhere any time soon. I have $ in the bank, a couple of pensions, SS and really have little in bills. I have food, shelter, the power is still on and hope it stays on. Any banking I do online or make a phone call.

Finally did some major shopping after 7 weeks, so I'm supplied, got TP too. My one son is essential and works 4 days a week, the other his union is paying him to stay home, he got called in the other day for an emergency, a water pipe broke in the facility.

We are doing a lot better than most I will admit. If others want to take a chance, go back to work or jump back into society, that is their choice. I'm 65 with well-controlled asthma and had heart surgery in 2016, so I'm playing it safe. I have a long list of things to do around the house and gardens.

I bailed out of work early due to me not feeling that it was a safe place to work. We had cases of the virus that were hushed up and some of these people worked in my office area, or at least close enough where we shared resources.

One guy was as sick as a dog for 2 weeks before the virus formally knocked him down. AND... he has unlimited sick time. He came back for a week, then started working from home. I'd say that 90% of the office areas work from home. Another worked in the test area, people on that product line found out about it by accident and were not happy at all.

Every morning we had to check in from home to get a "green light" and then go to work, have our temperatures taken before we were allowed in. Masks inside are now mandatory and the company supplies them, the buildings are cleaned every weekend. Saturdays are normally a work day, I would say that overall production is at a 30% level of what it should be.
The Following User Says Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2020, 08:08 AM
Combat marxism Now!

Thanked 23,316 Times in 5,863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbowie1 View Post
Im just curious as to how you folks feel about this situation?
I feel it's up to me to ensure my own safety. Others will come to the same conclusion only when people start dropping dead in the street.

The government has no right to enact unconstitutional policies, even temporarily. Such policies must be opposed.

The USA is likely to find a treatment method that makes the virus something less than a death sentence.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cujet For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2020, 08:37 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,649 Times in 2,144 Posts

I'm in so cal, people are out and About doing just about everything except sitting in restaurants.

Upon all of this pandemic biz, traffic got super light for about two weeks, at this point it's almost back to normal.

The grocery stores are busier than normal during a weekday afternoon.

Shutting down businesses isn't stopping people from exposure to the virus.

The govt needs to let up on the lock downs, get people back to work, extending this any longer is unnecessary.

It's my opinion that the1st of May will be the tipping point, people are going to go nuts. It will force the govt to ease up on this deal.

Extending till the middle of June? Good luck with that!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MOA1 For This Useful Post: