Walmart Security Guard - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here

Old 04-23-2020, 11:17 PM
Squared away like a donut

Thanked 1,186 Times in 337 Posts

Advertise Here

I do a lot of work for Wal-Mart stores all over the place. Most do not have security guards, but some do, but it is usually at night (late hours) that I notice them. Under the circumstances, I wouldn’t be shocked if they started putting them in all stores. Then again, it could be that the GM of that particular store decided to hire them for extra security when the next shipment of TP rolls in.
Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2020, 08:39 PM
Center Mass or Headshots

What you're saying is that they MAY be there to "enforce" some arguably bull**** "rules" and there is truly NO weight of law behind them...only the "color of law" which leaves ANY action they may take open for lawsuit. IF I WERE THEM, I'd just smile and nod and if the store manager didn't like it, he/she/they could take my spot and THEY could face the repercussions of any action...NOT ME....... On another note: there ARE off duty city Police Officers and Deputies working a side gig at the entrance doors at either end of the stores (WallyWorld). I haven't had occasion to notice if they are doing any form of numbers monitoring/control or making sure that customers are following the "direction arrows" on the aisles (which I think IS BULL****...last time I checked, I STILL live in AMERICA and I will walk ANY direction that I want to in an aisle...)

Last edited by joseywales44; 04-24-2020 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: added content
Old 04-27-2020, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
I'm coming up on 7 weeks of not shopping in big stores. There is a smaller market close by, just bought up by Lidl but still flies the old name out front. Great produce, no crowds and I'm in and out fast. They have sanitizer wipes when you first walk in. I have to get a list going and as much as I hate to admit it, a BJs run may be coming up.
We used to shop at our market but stopped since ALL the markets two years ago got bought out by 'Organic Divine' and sold not only Kratum but pushed it in your face with these huge signs I have been tempted to have an 'accident' knocking them over.

Kratum is a VERY serious problem. Dad whom worked at the hospital saw the effects and looked it up and informed the police which some already knew but can't do anything about since it's not illegal here to sell it. Even to underage people. Which means when teenagers have parties it can easily be mixed in drinks.etc.

Kratum is like Heroin in effects and is as hard to get off of. People have died and it has been banned in a lot of areas due to the hardships it has and been classified as a hard drug.

It's a lot longer story then that but I'm too tired to argue or get into it.

'Organic Divine' when looking it up showed an abandon gas station in Eugene as the address and the owner pushing it is HEAVILY Islamic. They actually get in front of you from complaints and they try to harass you to buy it.

The owner at the same time bought out ALL the markets in the area including several Chevrons and those gas stations that used to have long lines of cars don't anymore whenever we drive by one of those 'Kratum sold here' markets with gas stations.

Since the start of it all almost nobody shops at these markets anymore where they used to be VERY busy almost all the time. The Chevron ones used to have long lines and you couldn't get in. We tried different times of the day too before the Kratum thing as we love Chevron gas so we go to the Shell in Stayton as they don't sell it.

I quit going to the market myself because of the crowds long before the Kratum thing even started but now the parking lot is always empty at busy times. I could go in almost anytime I want to now! But I know deep inside if I buy something there I would be supporting the whole practice with my money as the money would go to whomever funds the whole cartel likely a middle east company.

It feels like a front actually when you look into it deeper as our market used to be a Thriftway a long time ago then it became this half market for a long time then he started pushing the kratum thing buying out all the gas stations at the same time. Before the Kratum thing he did sort of expand into some produce and we were buying produce there saving us from going to the bigger town.

If he had enough money to buy out ALL the gas stations then he could've made the market back to a real grocery store of some sorts easily and opened up the other door.

He even bought out the gas station in Oakridge a few years back and the town of Oakridge went from being kinda cute to completely ruined with boarded up windows and it looks like small Detroit MI.

I have wished several times I lived in Oakridge but glad I don't now seeing what it became

ONCE you get out of the Willamette Valley you stop seeing these 'Kratum' signs and the markets stop looking trashy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2020, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinkak View Post
Many grocery stores in Raleigh have armed guards... one in South East Raleigh was robbed twice in a year and there is a police substation in the same shopping plaza.
Raley's in Chico California (The east side one) back in the 1980s had a police thing INSIDE the store where officers could clock in and clock out so officers were always coming in and out of the store. It wasn't a place you'd wisely rob.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:14 AM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post
Controversial you say?
Those cameras you see going in?
Facial recognition software donated be Homeland Insecurity and tied into a national database.
Government and corporations working hand in hand just like predicted.
God how i hate Walmart.
Good luck facial recognition via masks and goggles. But I stopped Wally shopping outside of ammo once they are stupid enough to show those screens of us in their stores and those moving boxes like in the movies.

Even before this mess, I always made it nearly impossible for those camera to work effectively. Very easy to do bit they can defeat counter measures easily if they are sadistic enough. Where are anti privacy liberal orgs on this?
Old 04-28-2020, 10:28 AM
Indefatigable

Thanked 45,558 Times in 13,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlddanTrucker View Post
Kratum is a VERY serious problem.
Kratum is like Heroin
ONCE you get out of the Willamette Valley you stop seeing these 'Kratum' signs and the markets stop looking trashy.
With your extensive knowledge of the subject you think you would know how to spell it - KRATOM
The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2020, 02:31 PM
Comic, not your lawyer!

Thanked 40,571 Times in 9,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by prankster View Post
We live in a small town. Two days ago as I was leaving Wallyworld I noticed they had a uniformed security guard standing at the entrance/exit. Blue uniform, private security. He wasn't checking carts-just standing there.
Brazen theft is very common.

Last year I was loading my vehicle with goods I had purchased at Lowes. Night time, near closing time. Two guys pushed a huge cart filled with expensive items right out the door. In a nearly empty lot they had parked on the opposite side of my vehicle to shield their hatchback. They rushed to their car, threw the items in the hatchback. I took pictures, as it was clearly a theft. They raced off.

I recon they made over a grand in supplies with minimal effort or risk. I spoke to the manager and he seemed almost indifferent. No security of any kind. Doubt anything happened ...

Stores need security b/c thieves hurt us all.
Old 05-01-2020, 02:07 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlddanTrucker View Post
We used to shop at our market but stopped since ALL the markets two years ago got bought out by 'Organic Divine' and sold not only Kratum but pushed it in your face with these huge signs I have been tempted to have an 'accident' knocking them over.

Kratum is a VERY serious problem. Dad whom worked at the hospital saw the effects and looked it up and informed the police which some already knew but can't do anything about since it's not illegal here to sell it. Even to underage people. Which means when teenagers have parties it can easily be mixed in drinks.etc.

Kratum is like Heroin in effects and is as hard to get off of. People have died and it has been banned in a lot of areas due to the hardships it has and been classified as a hard drug.

It's a lot longer story then that but I'm too tired to argue or get into it.

'Organic Divine' when looking it up showed an abandon gas station in Eugene as the address and the owner pushing it is HEAVILY Islamic. They actually get in front of you from complaints and they try to harass you to buy it.

The owner at the same time bought out ALL the markets in the area including several Chevrons and those gas stations that used to have long lines of cars don't anymore whenever we drive by one of those 'Kratum sold here' markets with gas stations.

Since the start of it all almost nobody shops at these markets anymore where they used to be VERY busy almost all the time. The Chevron ones used to have long lines and you couldn't get in. We tried different times of the day too before the Kratum thing as we love Chevron gas so we go to the Shell in Stayton as they don't sell it.

I quit going to the market myself because of the crowds long before the Kratum thing even started but now the parking lot is always empty at busy times. I could go in almost anytime I want to now! But I know deep inside if I buy something there I would be supporting the whole practice with my money as the money would go to whomever funds the whole cartel likely a middle east company.

It feels like a front actually when you look into it deeper as our market used to be a Thriftway a long time ago then it became this half market for a long time then he started pushing the kratum thing buying out all the gas stations at the same time. Before the Kratum thing he did sort of expand into some produce and we were buying produce there saving us from going to the bigger town.

If he had enough money to buy out ALL the gas stations then he could've made the market back to a real grocery store of some sorts easily and opened up the other door.

He even bought out the gas station in Oakridge a few years back and the town of Oakridge went from being kinda cute to completely ruined with boarded up windows and it looks like small Detroit MI.

I have wished several times I lived in Oakridge but glad I don't now seeing what it became

1. Learn to spell something you're bashing correctly

2. Kratom tastes like crap. Yes, mix it with drinks

3. Kratom is actually a safe alternative to opioids. Overdosing off kratom would be difficult at best with responsible use.

4. Who cares if the guy is Islamic?

5. I highly doubt the decrease in sales are due solely to selling kratom.

6. You sound like a total Karen using CAPS in words.

Open your mind.
Kratom is a hell of a lot better than opioids.
The Following User Says Thank You to RurbanGreyDude For This Useful Post: