LA County releases 1700 inmates - Page 2 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here

Old 04-27-2020, 01:51 AM
Prepared

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYOP Soldier View Post
What could possibly go wrong with this....

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-1700-inmates/

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva has released 1,700 inmates from county facilities and is ordering gun stores in the county closed.
I don't think you know how it works. A lot of people are ready to be released anyways or on parole and actually didn't violate it so they may be the ones they are letting go whom didn't have write ups or a bucket load of paper work to do. (Wow)

You don't violate parole and get treated good. Interesting how that goes isn't it? Don't mouth off at your PO and he'll more likely go the extra mile for you on his report back compared to the other mouthy inmates.
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to OlddanTrucker For This Useful Post:
Old 04-27-2020, 01:56 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post
PEOPLE NEED the cops to not arrest and use discretion

The TAXPAYERS do not want to build ten times the jail and hire the thousand people needed to keep them running.

I worked in ghetto world. You could not drive 5 blocks without seeing someone breaking a law, or statute or ordinance. IF cops arrested people for EVERY violation of the law they saw EVERYONE would be a criminal with a record, and that includes everyone on this board. IT would just be a matter of time. IF you never rolled a stop sign, failed to use your turn signal, crossed a center line while swatting a bee, if you never went one or two miles above the posted speed... then I apologize and suggest you will your brain to science because you are truly unique.

SO

We used officer discretion to decide which laws we were enforcing along with what was the bugaboo haunting the PTB that week. Some weeks it was street gamblers. Some weeks it was hookers. Most of the time it was to keep the drug dealers from setting up permanent shops on certain street corners.

Give you an idea of what happens when everything is game..
The City had instituted some new operational guidelines that were made for the sole purpose of screwing over officers who actually thought some ways of doing business were not to the best interest of the city and department...and it was getting to open warfare and fighting us on some issues, and there was talk of "blue flu" or work slowdown or something to bring them into our way of thinking. I was the chief union steward for the patrolman's union. I said, no, I said we do the exact opposite. We enforce EVERYTHING... we do our job thoroughly and completely. No discretion, everything and everyone fair game.That way no one could throw crap on us for "endangering the citizens. It was agreed.

FIrst shift, day shift, the slowest one, tripled their arrests before end of shift and when afternoon shift called in the calls were backed up about 3-4 hours. The afternoon shift came on and halfway through the shift the jail called and warned that they were close to max capacity. When 3rd shift hit, calls were backed up 6-8 hours and the jail was hitting overflow where they had to throw mattresses on the floors for inmates. The next day the court officers arrived with paperwork for almost a hundred more prisoners that the court had ever seen in one day. The prosecutors office went berserk. The district courts were hearing of the buildup and they were going the same way. One councilman's wife was arrested for an expired driver's license, another was tagged for failure to signal for a lane change.

Starting into day 2 the system was overwhelmed... all because the police had stopped using discretion and were "just doing their jobs". The PTB couldn't throw any crap at us , what were they going to say "Stop enforcing the laws"?
By afternoon the second day I found myself in the chief's office where it was announced that further consideration of the new op orders was going to be implemented and they were withdrawn until a later time and after union input.

You really never want nor can afford EVERY law to be enforced if witnessed by a cop.
Hi. Most conservatives have never seen what it's like when the system is overwhelmed other them media mouth points which can turn people off. Your sound pretty similar to here when it happens. Your system sounds like Thailand during NORMAL times.

Liberals on the other hand some of them want to game the system and use that to further their agenda so it goes both ways.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:20 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,293 Times in 2,628 Posts

I'm reading that many are back in prison, new crimes. I'm one who thinks they belong in prison. I see no need to offer them therapy. If they die, we are all ahead. On the outside, who do you thing is paying for their therapy? We are going to pay no matter what, best to keep them locked up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2020, 10:12 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 10,084 Times in 4,308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW GUY View Post
PEOPLE NEED the cops to not arrest and use discretion

The TAXPAYERS do not want to build ten times the jail and hire the thousand people needed to keep them running.

I worked in ghetto world. You could not drive 5 blocks without seeing someone breaking a law, or statute or ordinance. IF cops arrested people for EVERY violation of the law they saw EVERYONE would be a criminal with a record, and that includes everyone on this board. IT would just be a matter of time. IF you never rolled a stop sign, failed to use your turn signal, crossed a center line while swatting a bee, if you never went one or two miles above the posted speed... then I apologize and suggest you will your brain to science because you are truly unique.

SO

We used officer discretion to decide which laws we were enforcing along with what was the bugaboo haunting the PTB that week. Some weeks it was street gamblers. Some weeks it was hookers. Most of the time it was to keep the drug dealers from setting up permanent shops on certain street corners.

Give you an idea of what happens when everything is game..
The City had instituted some new operational guidelines that were made for the sole purpose of screwing over officers who actually thought some ways of doing business were not to the best interest of the city and department...and it was getting to open warfare and fighting us on some issues, and there was talk of "blue flu" or work slowdown or something to bring them into our way of thinking. I was the chief union steward for the patrolman's union. I said, no, I said we do the exact opposite. We enforce EVERYTHING... we do our job thoroughly and completely. No discretion, everything and everyone fair game.That way no one could throw crap on us for "endangering the citizens. It was agreed.

FIrst shift, day shift, the slowest one, tripled their arrests before end of shift and when afternoon shift called in the calls were backed up about 3-4 hours. The afternoon shift came on and halfway through the shift the jail called and warned that they were close to max capacity. When 3rd shift hit, calls were backed up 6-8 hours and the jail was hitting overflow where they had to throw mattresses on the floors for inmates. The next day the court officers arrived with paperwork for almost a hundred more prisoners that the court had ever seen in one day. The prosecutors office went berserk. The district courts were hearing of the buildup and they were going the same way. One councilman's wife was arrested for an expired driver's license, another was tagged for failure to signal for a lane change.

Starting into day 2 the system was overwhelmed... all because the police had stopped using discretion and were "just doing their jobs". The PTB couldn't throw any crap at us , what were they going to say "Stop enforcing the laws"?
By afternoon the second day I found myself in the chief's office where it was announced that further consideration of the new op orders was going to be implemented and they were withdrawn until a later time and after union input.

You really never want nor can afford EVERY law to be enforced if witnessed by a cop.
Good post.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2020, 11:54 AM
Deplorable On Steroids

Thanked 62,955 Times in 21,173 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster Top Poster 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYOP Soldier View Post
What could possibly go wrong with this....

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-1700-inmates/

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva has released 1,700 inmates from county facilities and is ordering gun stores in the county closed.

Well heck ... we need to keep people "safe" from Covid. Why wouldn't you let potentially violent criminals out on the street? Duh!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ActionJackson For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2020, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat daddy View Post
I'm reading that many are back in prison, new crimes. I'm one who thinks they belong in prison. I see no need to offer them therapy. If they die, we are all ahead. On the outside, who do you thing is paying for their therapy? We are going to pay no matter what, best to keep them locked up
One of my in-laws does such social work / therapy out in San Bernadino County, he has a doctorate and the State is covering his $150 / hr fee no questions asked. He doesn't even have to see these guys in person anymore now that Wuhan Virus has shut everything down, all telecommunication meetings from here on out.

Yes, the tax payer is gonna pay no matter what...

-W