4D checkers on bump stocks? Supreme Court leaves ban in place - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 03-02-2020, 10:49 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,111 Times in 3,367 Posts
Default 4D checkers on bump stocks? Supreme Court leaves ban in place

Advertise Here

I remember when Trump first banned the bump stocks, all the apologists were talking about 3D chess and setting precedent yada yada yada. So, after today’s developments I was hoping for a status on the pro gun trump strategy. What’s the next move here guys? What are the whispers saying now... seriously not being funny but Wth. People just gonna bury this like it never happened or it’s like who cares I don’t own bump stocks?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUSKBN20P259
Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sabotage39k For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 11:16 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,392 Times in 1,740 Posts

Bad move, followed by a crappy decision. But being an optimist, Trump is still much better than the alternative!
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to stroo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 11:31 AM
Survivor

Thanked 47,397 Times in 13,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage39k View Post
I remember when Trump first banned the bump stocks, all the apologists were talking about 3D chess and setting precedent yada yada yada. So, after todayís developments I was hoping for a status on the pro gun trump strategy. Whatís the next move here guys? What are the whispers saying now... seriously not being funny but Wth. People just gonna bury this like it never happened or itís like who cares I donít own bump stocks?

Trump was never going to be a huge pro-gun crusader. We haven't had one in living memory. He's been fairly neutral truth be told. He signed into law something that rolled back some Obama-era targeting of social-security recipients over background checks. He threatened vetos on major Dem attempts at new gun control legislation such as universal background checks and AWB's. But he let the bump stock thing happen. On the whole I call it a wash. Not nearly what I'd hoped for. But then, nowhere near what we'd likely get with a Democrat in the oval office.

The alternative in 2016 (Hillary) and 2020 (Biden or Sanders) are absolutely, unapologetically anti-gun. Won't convince me to sit it out, I know what side my bread is buttered on.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2020, 11:35 AM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 5,956 Times in 2,019 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinfire View Post
Trump was never going to be a huge pro-gun crusader.

Quote:
The alternative in 2016 (Hillary) and 2020 (Biden or Sanders) are absolutely, unapologetically anti-gun. Won't convince me to sit it out, I know what side my bread is buttered on.
But it's better than....No, it's not we should not be ok with this or use the "other side was worse".

It is time we hold elected officials accountable for their broken promises and failure to uphold their oath. 4D chess or not.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 11:54 AM
Survivor

If it's time to hold the politicians accountable why do you never go after the Demonrats? Is it just TDS, are you truly leftists, what is the reason you don't target the people who are way more aggressively attacking our rights?
I really don't understand always attacking the people who are much less of a threat! Cowardly liars or complete morons are the only answers that make sense but I would love to hear the "reasoning".
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to stroo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 11:57 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumhug View Post

But it's better than....No, it's not we should not be ok with this or use the "other side was worse".

It is time we hold elected officials accountable for their broken promises and failure to uphold their oath. 4D chess or not.
We live in the world we have, not the world we wish existed. I've got a wife and kids, a day job, activities with the kids, and responsibilities at church.

My political involvement is complaining on the internet and voting. That's the impact I have time for.

If I can't make things dramatically better, I can try to prevent them from getting dramatically worse. Some people are willing to accept a worse outcome in exchange for staying true to their ideals. I am not - my kids are going to experience the outcome, I owe it to them to make sure I produce the best outcome I can. Idealism is a luxury I can't afford.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 12:15 PM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
We live in the world we have, not the world we wish existed. I've got a wife and kids, a day job, activities with the kids, and responsibilities at church.

My political involvement is complaining on the internet and voting. That's the impact I have time for.

If I can't make things dramatically better, I can try to prevent them from getting dramatically worse. Some people are willing to accept a worse outcome in exchange for staying true to their ideals. I am not - my kids are going to experience the outcome, I owe it to them to make sure I produce the best outcome I can. Idealism is a luxury I can't afford.

Great post. Logical reasoning, I'm sure most people feel this way. We can NOT hate one side and condone the actions of the other for the same thing. You are correct, we will leave this to our kids.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 12:23 PM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroo View Post
If it's time to hold the politicians accountable why do you never go after the Demonrats? Is it just TDS, are you truly leftists, what is the reason you don't target the people who are way more aggressively attacking our rights?
I really don't understand always attacking the people who are much less of a threat! Cowardly liars or complete morons are the only answers that make sense but I would love to hear the "reasoning".
I don't owe you "reasoning" or anything else for that matter. Yes, I do not like Trump. His fans and base (mostly those like you) are worse than anything he does. I call out everyone who attacks our rights. I don't pick and chose. Unlike you, I don't live in a world of cognitive dissonance. It is called not being a partisan slap and using free thought.

https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...8&postcount=34
https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...64&postcount=8
https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...4&postcount=11
https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...6&postcount=36
https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...32&postcount=1
https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...0&postcount=10
https://www.survivalistboards.com/sh...4&postcount=17

Some of my recent posts calling out the left/Dems for stupid **** they've done to take our rights.

So instead of running around like a grade-schooler and like anything ANYONE says against me, try to comprehend a post. You might actually not make yourself look like a buffoon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 12:33 PM
Survivor

Ouch, are you trying to hurt my last feeling scumchug? LOL!
My ideals were destroyed by reality a long time ago and I am not a Republican. I hate any and all politicians. I just don't understand the constant attacks and focus on the lesser problem. If we don't get rid of the Demonrats soon we will not even get the chance to get rid of the Republicans and maybe even get people we can actually get behind.
Trump is an egotistical, loud mouthed, ass but he is better then the alternative. Seems the people constantly crying about the lesser problems are the idealists. Too bad reality is what we have to live by!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stroo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 12:41 PM
Paramedic and ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Ouch, are you trying to hurt my last feeling scumchug? LOL!
It's Zumhug.

Quote:
My ideals were destroyed by reality a long time ago and I am not a Republican.

Quote:
I hate any and all politicians. I just don't understand the constant attacks and focus on the lesser problem.
Just like my constant attacks might bewilder you, your inability to critique anything other than what a liberal does is unheard of. In fact, below is the harshest thing I've ever seen you say about a Rep let along Trump.

Quote:
Trump is an egotistical, loud mouthed, ass but he is better then the alternative. Seems the people constantly crying about the lesser problems are the idealists. Too bad reality is what we have to live by!
Careful, you might get kicked out of the fan club for words like this.
It seems people constantly worried about free thought are small-minded and incapable of different opinions.

Good talk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zumhug For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 01:04 PM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 38,205 Times in 10,560 Posts

Bump stocks, Yawn. This again.

I gave absolutely no interest in them, or the folks who want to play full auto without getting a class 3 firearm.

What we should focus on is getting the NFA law modified to allow normal people to purchase a legal class 3 gun (or silencer) at a reasonable cost. This is still a very high bar for judging a politician.

Another focus area is the steady creep of Red Flag laws, that allow disgruntal persons to strip you of your rights and property, without due process.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hick Industries For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 01:04 PM
Survivor

I have plenty of ability to critique anyone but choose to target the larger problems rather than the lesser.

So keep crying and whining about the entire system instead of directing any focus towards an obtainable result. That's a brilliant plan, wish everybody was that smart.
Ideally there would be a third choice but the reality, and fact, is we only have two, poop or crap. Wishing for a righteous leader is useless, the system is way too large and corrupt. We have to unite and dismantle it piece by piece and my choice is to focus on the people who are the biggest threat. That is the reason I don't understand people complaining all the time about the jellyfish when the shark is circling. But I'm the idealist...

The only bewilderment I get is from morons who think they are clever. And you keep misspelling scumchug.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stroo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 01:07 PM
Welcome to the rice field

Thanked 5,037 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotage39k View Post
I remember when Trump first banned the bump stocks, all the apologists were talking about 3D chess and setting precedent yada yada yada. So, after todayís developments I was hoping for a status on the pro gun trump strategy. Whatís the next move here guys? What are the whispers saying now... seriously not being funny but Wth. People just gonna bury this like it never happened or itís like who cares I donít own bump stocks?

I'm of the zero compromise mindset. I heavily criticized Trump for not only this, but also his RFL comments giving steam to the gun control narrative. Never bought into the 4D chess BS. While I don't think he understands firearms or natural rights, I do think he now understands who butters his bread and who doesn't. IF he's reelected and there aren't votes hanging over his head, then what? I still think the DNC has ****ed him off enough that he probably won't play along.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lakota For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 01:13 PM
Survivor

regardless, i do think the whole "4-d chess" stuff is at least half bluster and rationalization by true believers. i do think Trump is smart and has played a smart political game quite a few times, but he's fallible and also not traditionally conservative on some things.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to merlinfire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 01:22 PM
Survivor

Thanked 29,202 Times in 6,826 Posts

You're right. I suppose I'm going to change my vote to the pro 2A candidate Bernie Sanders.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TRyan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 01:26 PM
Apocaloptimist

Thanked 6,462 Times in 1,715 Posts

Bump stocks, meh? He banned a piece a plastic and not a firearm. But since we are banning plastic, I think Legos should be next. Those are real Assault Plastics.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ClovisMan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 01:29 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 10,216 Times in 3,156 Posts

Love the Circular Firing Squad set up by those who are unable to discern that it was one of two things
Rodham or Trump

Those were the choices not some Unicorn Candidate
We should be of one accord
Trump has far exceeded my expectations
Regardless, divided = fail
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Jack Swilling For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 04:41 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,111 Times in 3,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakota View Post
I'm of the zero compromise mindset. I heavily criticized Trump for not only this, but also his RFL comments giving steam to the gun control narrative. Never bought into the 4D chess BS. While I don't think he understands firearms or natural rights, I do think he now understands who butters his bread and who doesn't. IF he's reelected and there aren't votes hanging over his head, then what? I still think the DNC has ****ed him off enough that he probably won't play along.
Bingo!!!! Excellent post and bold portion beautifully captures why this little petty issue can actually have bigger ramifications. What happens when he doesn't need your vote anymore? What happens when he has enough political capital to take the hit. Provide the cover needed for those other Republicans in congress who will be vulnerable to any anti-gun legislation. Of course it will be labeled "reasonable" and not likely as intrusive as the DEMS woulds like, but wouldn't that be the key here. They go high while you have another agent who is painted as being the better "Alternative" brings it down to a more reasonable level. Something people would be better suited to swallow.

Let be frank here. These politicians in Washington who are Republicans and claim to be pro 2nd A are just publicly paddling in the direction that is conducive to the environment that they in. I suspect many personally really don't care about 2nd A and believe "reasonable" gun control legislation would be a good thing. So, as I have said before, if the establishment has in their mind that the nation needs more regulation on gun ownership, but any attempt to do so will be met with fierce resistance and consequential blow back???...Who do you think they are going to send out there to make it happen? The person who will be viewed as more trustworthy to the people that you are ultimately trying to restrict right?

This is why the whole "Alternative" argument IMO has a dangerous slippery slope because it's the right flavor that needs to be added in order for the resistors to take their medicine. Just swallow it when it comes..It's for your own good because the Dems' Medicine is far worse.
The Following User Says Thank You to sabotage39k For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 04:46 PM
Survivor

Thanked 37,185 Times in 8,779 Posts

Quote:
Great post. Logical reasoning, I'm sure most people feel this way. We can NOT hate one side and condone the actions of the other for the same thing. You are correct, we will leave this to our kids.
Kicking the can down the road seems to be the one thing we're good at. Besides complaining on an internet forum(s) that is. Been that way for many years. In the meantime, if one side isn't chipping away, the other is. So the only change we see is the change we chose to kick to the next generation to deal with.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AZ_HighCountry For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2020, 05:11 PM
Survivor

Thanked 25,169 Times in 7,833 Posts

Quote:
4D chess is a joke. Getting the left riled up isn't even checkers, it's not that complicated.

But on the serious side..exactly HOW do you suggest we "hold them accountable"?

Seriously. What EXACTLY is your answer here? Show Trump he screwed up by electing Bernie?

Come on, you must have some real answer since you are so strongly suggesting we are all stupid for NOT doing....whatever you have in mind.

Go ahead, amaze us with your master plan to fix American politics and guarantee our rights are always 100% protected.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ajole For This Useful Post: