Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here

Old 12-05-2019, 03:58 PM
Prepared

Default CBD Oil For Pain Relief ??

Advertise Here

I bought some to try it. Has anyone had any luck with it? I've got bad lower back pain, so I thought this might be better than OTC pain medication like Tylenol. I don't know if the stuff is legit, or a bunch of who ha. What say you guys?
Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to bill460 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 04:01 PM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 21,346 Times in 4,564 Posts

I'm interested as well. What should we look for in a legitimate product?
Old 12-05-2019, 04:21 PM
Possum Lover

Thanked 27,481 Times in 9,816 Posts

Curious as well. I get some pretty horrible headaches and cannot take migraine drugs with my bipolar cocktail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2019, 04:37 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 60,049 Times in 13,575 Posts

One of my relatives tried it. Didn't do squat except empty their wallet.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 05:02 PM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 21,346 Times in 4,564 Posts

My 90+ year old neighbors use it and they claim it helps, but they don't know the difference between the good products and the bad.

I'm pretty sure there are different quality grades, but like anything unregulated and over-the-counter, there are likely a lot of scam products that don't do anything.

I'm curious about which brands are good and what to look for.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Possum Lover

Thanked 27,481 Times in 9,816 Posts

I got something off Amazon and will see how that works, it was about $20 for a good sized bottle.

I got gummies, I am hoping I can chew one up when I am working on a bad headache.

They have to call it "hemp oil" on Amazon but it has 333 mg. It had a lot of good reviews for pain which is all I care about.

I have a stressful life so anxiety is just going to be a thing.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:23 PM
Hunter/Survivor

Thanked 1,245 Times in 395 Posts

I took some gummies this last summer for a Migraine, they helped and they are great for deep sleeping. We use the CBD lotion for muscle aches and shoulders and it works. For lower back I would try stretching on a medicine ball and then applying the lotion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bluesman60 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Socially Distant

Thanked 14,534 Times in 2,557 Posts

I've had a bad back ever since I crashed my bike decades ago and now that I'm getting old it makes sleeping a pain in the ass. Last year I went to one of those "Holistic Doctors" and she recommended CBD... it helps with the pain but best of all it helps me sleep through the night and wake feeling well rested. It can be considered expensive by some ( around $100 month) but to me its well worth it.

The outfit I buy it from is very highly rated, but I'm not sure if its OK to post a link or not.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SurvivalOfTheFit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 05:31 PM
prepared for life & death

Thanked 4,667 Times in 1,702 Posts

Snake oil. It may have some use for someone else but for chronic pain, severe pain, it is good at removing your money from your wallet and that is about all. I get better temporary relief from icy hot, biofreeze etc. and they are a whole lot cheaper, as well as OTC pain relievers. And that is my own experience and others I have talked to as well around me.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:39 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 4,331 Times in 1,363 Posts

If you are paying $20 or so for it, it isn't going to not worth the 20 even.
The really good stuff will be over $100 for 1000mg at a 1oz bottle. Wholesale is around 80/85 dollars

I have a couple of customers that are wholesale distributors and they have different grades. The lower the MG the more drops you need. Pays to buy the Top Grade may cost more but you use less.

WHY do you think Big Pharm has been at the forefront of keeping from being legal.

Now I see a couple of the Big Pharms are coming out with there so call Pharmaceutical Grade product.

It will work for some people another no so much. I have seen people with the Shakes in their hands take a couple of drops of the good stuff and within minutes the shakes stop.
Like everything it depends on your body chemistry.
I get headaches a lot I have to take Xstrenth Asprin as Tylenol has never worked for me even if I took half the bottle.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:00 PM
Retired kafir

Thanked 60,049 Times in 13,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAde2 View Post
WHY do you think Big Pharm has been at the forefront of keeping from being legal.

Now I see a couple of the Big Pharms are coming out with there so call Pharmaceutical Grade product.
Big Pharma isn't allowed to make claims that it can't back up. If Big Pharma finds a way, any way, to make a buck off of selling some "product" it will move heaven and earth to do so.

I look for the supplement industry to get into the mouse milk (hemp oil ) business since it isn't tightly regulated like pharmaceuticals.

That or the weight loss product industry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lagnar For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 06:29 PM
Survivor

Thanked 28,019 Times in 10,492 Posts

Someone gave me some gummies to try, made me feel stupid, didn't help my back pain at all. I will stick with drinking beer and I don't care what people think, it works and I'm not hurting anyone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NCalHippie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2019, 06:30 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 4,331 Times in 1,363 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagnar View Post
Big Pharma isn't allowed to make claims that it can't back up. If Big Pharma finds a way, any way, to make a buck off of selling some "product" it will move heaven and earth to do so.

I look for the supplement industry to get into the mouse milk (hemp oil ) business since it isn't tightly regulated like pharmaceuticals.

That or the weight loss product industry.
As I said Big Pharma is getting in the game
Read the article as see how many trials are in play

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/the...ical-cannabis/
Old 12-05-2019, 06:44 PM
Beware of the dog!

Thanked 2,306 Times in 885 Posts

Legitimate CBD oil does not have THC (Marijuana high chemical) so it wont make you feel goofy or light headed or high. CBD works great for helping me fall asleep, and my back pain is significantly reduced compared to before I started taking CBD. Also, my original reason for trying CBD was to reduce my occasional, but frequent, stress induced high blood pressure. I don't know if the CBD eased the back pain or if my finally getting good consistent sleep night after night has allowed my back muscles to relax some, but for me I am doing better in both categories.
I have used CBD American Shaman, and CBDistillery.com with about equal results.

(added links to products I use due to a request in a later post)
https://cbdamericanshaman.com/water-...-30ml-thc-free
https://www.thecbdistillery.com/prod...free-tincture/
I think CBDistillery may offer a discount if you use the discount code HANNITY, I heard of this product from his radio program.

Last edited by INresponse; 12-06-2019 at 12:38 PM.. Reason: Adding the noted information
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to INresponse For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2019, 03:42 AM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurvivalOfTheFit View Post
I've had a bad back ever since I crashed my bike decades ago and now that I'm getting old it makes sleeping a pain in the ass. Last year I went to one of those "Holistic Doctors" and she recommended CBD... it helps with the pain but best of all it helps me sleep through the night and wake feeling well rested. It can be considered expensive by some ( around $100 month) but to me its well worth it.

The outfit I buy it from is very highly rated, but I'm not sure if its OK to post a link or not.
I have trouble sleeping as well. (I've had insomnia for many years). So if this stuff helps in that regard, it will be a bonus. These are the numbers on the stuff I bought from a local "wellness center" here in town.

I walked in knowing nothing, and the girl there was very helpful in explaining everything, and did not give me the hard sell. I purchased a 1 ounce, (30 ml. bottle of CBD Oil) for $64.00 out the door. I thought that was expensive. But she explained the potency of these oils can vary greatly.

The higher the potency, the more it costs. The stuff I ended up buying contains 600 MG of CBD. Some of the cheaper stuff has considerably less.

She told me to take 1 ML twice a day for the first 11 days. (2 eye droppers full). Then reduce to just 1 ML per day. So that's what I'm going to do. If I finish the bottle and have results I am happy with, I will buy more. If not I'll just chalk the whole thing up to experience.

In the mean time I will continue to research this stuff, as well as shop for the best price and highest potency. Again, be advised this stuff is not regulated by the FDA, so there really is no way to know if what's printed on the bottle, is exactly what you are getting.

So in that regard it's best to purchase from well know suppliers, and be cautious of seemingly great buys on the Internet from places you never heard of.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bill460 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2019, 03:46 AM
Prepared

I should point out that the lady who cuts my hair turned me on to this stuff. She is 80 years old, and moves around in tight jeans and high heels like a 12 week old puppy that's been in a crate too long. She contributes it all to CBD Oil. So I figured what have I got to lose?

This is the stuff I bought.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bill460 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2019, 08:11 AM
Hunter

Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,176 Posts

There you have it, it works for some, but not others. Now it's your turn to try it, and then pick a side.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:51 AM
Survivor

Thanked 15,716 Times in 5,649 Posts

I got a couple of bottles of a decent variety for $25 on eBay, 2 for $25. It helps me sleep, does some for my pain but not much as I had hoped. It is becoming new-age snake oil, everywhere I see it for sale.

My lady friend got suckered into paying way too much in a vape shop for the strongest one they had. They start at $60 for a small dropper bottle.

I have my MM card and get the real dispensary prescription stuff. I have 3 types of drops, one I do not even try during the day. The weakest one I have I just take .1 or .2 mL per dose and I get a buzz that is okay with going to work. It takes some of my pain away. More is best for pain, but being baked at work is not good. The prescription ones are around $65, but a little goes a long way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iamfarticus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2019, 10:11 AM
Psalm 23:4

Thanked 11,164 Times in 2,356 Posts

I think a lot of CBD products are snake oil and some are legit which is very frustrating for consumers.

If you don't have to pass a drug test, go for a high CBD strain of flower. There's a lot more to cannabis than THC and CBD.

Terpenes...

You can have 2 cannabis products with the exact same THC or CBD content, but the effects will be night and day different based on the terpene profile.

I'm sorry I don't have good suggestions on specific CBD products that are legit. Best bet is probably to talk to a dispensary. Find one that has public reviews on their products, but even then it effects everyone differently. Of course so do prescription medications. It's trial and error.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedTail For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2019, 11:09 AM
Survivor

Thanked 72,941 Times in 22,521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1 View Post
Snake oil. It may have some use for someone else but for chronic pain, severe pain, it is good at removing your money from your wallet and that is about all. I get better temporary relief from icy hot, biofreeze etc. and they are a whole lot cheaper, as well as OTC pain relievers. And that is my own experience and others I have talked to as well around me.
Not my experience, but tolerance increases drastically so I use it for 4-6 weeks a couple times a year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad, 2nd For This Useful Post: