Home Remedies that work - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Disaster Preparedness General Discussion Anything Disaster Preparedness or Survival Related

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Home remedies you have tried yourself-that work! speedofl33t Health, Fitness and First Aid 126 06-29-2016 07:46 PM
Home remedies thecowboy56 Health, Fitness and First Aid 7 12-22-2014 05:15 PM
Home Remedies For The Flu mainah976 Health, Fitness and First Aid 33 11-29-2011 01:53 AM
Home Remedies that work!!! imgottie Jokes, Humor & Music 0 01-08-2011 11:12 PM
Home remedies for pets Melsrogue Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 6 05-31-2010 10:47 AM
Amazing Home Remedies Hawkeye Alex Health, Fitness and First Aid 4 03-26-2010 02:58 PM
Home remedies eeyore Jokes, Humor & Music 6 08-27-2009 01:30 AM
Home remedies using herbs manali Health, Fitness and First Aid 2 08-20-2009 10:48 AM
Do these home remedies work? Josiah922 Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 11 01-22-2009 03:50 AM

Old 12-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Hiker

Default Home Remedies that work

Advertise Here

In a survival situation, we will not have access to doctors, hospitals or pharmacies, therefore we will have to treat ourselves.

I am 52, and I have been looking for effective home remedies, for as long as I can remember.

But before I start to share all of my secrets, I would like to hear what you have found, and personally used, that works.
--------------------------------------------------
My first contribution, was given yesterday on another thread, but here it is again.......

Quote:
COLLOIDAL SILVER

Colloidal silver works great.

Sure enough, if you "drink it" all the time, your skin will turn blue, but my family and I, only use it when we need to, and then just 2 or 3 spoon-fulls a day for a week or two.

We have been using it for 9 years now, and we are still the same color.

I can personally verify that it works on, (Sinus infections), (Ear infections), (Pink eye), (Bladder infections), (Most flu bugs), and (cuts & scratches).

It does not work on (Athletes foot) & (the common cold).

It can not hurt you(unless your allergic to silver or salt), so feel free to use it internally or topically on anything. (And let us know what it works on!)
Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,574 Times in 987 Posts

Where do you recommend purchasing it. And Thanks
Old 12-05-2008, 06:38 PM

My uncle had an "inventor" friend who made a device that made silver water. I suppose he is talking about the same thing. Don't know how to get in touch with the guy and my uncle moved to florida.

what do you know of this stilllearning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2008, 06:41 PM

Ever heard of oil of oregano, that might take care of the other end of the spectrum. Never used it my self but know many who have. And no we are not talking about the oregano is your spice cabinet.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Hiker

Hi Denny367

You asked........
Quote:
“Where do you recommend purchasing it. And Thanks”
I have never used “store bought” colloidal silver, but I did see it for sale at “Wild Oats” and “the Vitamin cottage”, and places like that, but it is expensive.

I have always made my own, with some “pure silver” wire, and some DC electrical current.
--------------------------------------------------
Later tonight, I will post here, instructions on how to make it yourself.
(It’s very simple!)
Old 12-05-2008, 08:51 PM

the adhesives in plain old duct tape will cure a wart. just put a piece over the wart for as long as possible (be sure to dry the area daily). replace daily until wart is gone. works better than store bought.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Target Shooter

I use mustard plasters for cold symtoms. 1 tbsp dry ground mustard, 1/8 cup flour, and water to make a paste. Spread on a clean dish towel and lay on your chest, but watch it to make sure it doesn't burn your skin.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:25 PM

oil of cloves for toothaches and works better than orajel.
tiger balm for many pains and aches,muscular,joint,etc., and its really versatile and can put some under your nose to block out really awful smells like crawling through a sewer
or driving on the nj turnpike.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Target Shooter

We drink a hot black tea with ginger and black pepper (1/2 teaspoon each) for sinus and
colds. Really opens your head up fast....tastes like crap though.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:49 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,250 Times in 271 Posts

Whenever I feel like Im coming down with the flu or a cold , i drink a cup of tea made from a combination of yarrow and ecchinecia. It tastes like dirt , but it works for me.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,237 Times in 2,331 Posts

Warm Salt water soak on infected hang nail, ingrown toe nail, or other infection.

Honey is suppose to be a good antibiotic. Never tried it.

Back Bridge exercise cures most all types of spinal/pain problems. Increases flexibility to the spine and strengthens the muscle to support and elongate the spine. I have had 2 back surgeries. I would have never injured my back if I had been doing this. By the grace of God it cured it after the surgeries. I keep my hands down to help support my neck.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...ge&hl=en&emb=0
The Following User Says Thank You to kajunman1 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Shuriken snowflake

Thanked 18,686 Times in 7,842 Posts

For hangovers... fatty foods work the best. Fat eliminates higher alcohols, one reason you feel lousy is those lingering in your system. Curing a hangover is not all about hydration.

OK... you asked for home remedies and not just herbal solutions so...
Old 12-05-2008, 11:06 PM
Green Eggs and Spam

Thanked 9,854 Times in 2,742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by harhey View Post
Whenever I feel like Im coming down with the flu or a cold , i drink a cup of tea made from a combination of yarrow and ecchinecia. It tastes like dirt , but it works for me.
I thought that ecchinecia was just an indian medicine man gimick.

I've started downing the stuff in double doses when sick with anything. So far, EVERY illness I've had has been shorter then before.

I'm now using the blend with Goldseal, or whatever. I can't tell that the extra blend makes a difference (but it doesn't seem to be hurting).
Old 12-05-2008, 11:09 PM
Green Eggs and Spam

Thanked 9,854 Times in 2,742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofl33t View Post
For hangovers...
Original GREEN MONSTER ENERGY drink.

I don't get "hangovers" like some do. But, sometimes I feel a little slugish then normal. When this happens I grab a can of liquid energy boost.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Shuriken snowflake

Thanked 18,686 Times in 7,842 Posts

I also found echinacea efficient, but be a little careful... that one is kind of easy to be allergic to.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Hiker

How to make Colloidal Silver

(1) From a jeweler, buy 1 or 2 feet of “pure” silver wire(about 1/8" thick):

(2) Cut two pieces of wire, about 6" long:

(3) Place distilled water(8-12 oz), into a tall clear glass(and add 1/8 teaspoon of salt):

(4) Insert the two silver rods, on opposite sides of the glass, and crimp them just over the top edge of the glass;

(5) Now you need some electricity:
(Most of my friends use one to three, 9vt. batteries, producing 9-27vt. DC)
But I use a 36vt. DC transformer.

(6) Attach alligator clips to the positive and negative wires, of what ever you are using for power, and attach each clip to the top of the silver rods(to the part that is crimped over the edge of the glass):
(Make sure the silver wires in the glass, are not touching each other.)
Now turn on the power!

(7) You will notice, that one of the silver rods is bubbling(this is normal);
(This is the rod, that is placing the microscopic silver, in to the water.)
Note: Reverse this polarity of the rods each time, so they will be equally used.

(8) Depending of the amount of current and amps your using, it will take from 5 to 30 minutes to make a batch of Colloidal Silver.

(9) Keep watching, and you will see the water start to get cloudy.(This is why you use a clear glass)
This cloud, is the billions of silver particles, that are being produced.
-I sometimes place something dark, behind the glass, to judge how think the cloud is getting.-

(10) When the cloud is about as thick as a glass of tea(but it won’t be colored at all), you can shut off the power:

(11) Now carefully remove the silver rods(so as not to dislodge any of the silver oxide from the rods):
(The rods should be washed and lightly cleaned with a scouring pad, until all lose material is removed.)
-Then stored away for the next use:- (I use a zip lock bag)
(After repeated use, the rods will get thinner (You can make 50-75 batches from one set of rods.)

(12) Now your finished:
Pour the colloidal silver, into another container, filtering it as you pour, using a coffee filter:
(To remove any larger silver oxide, that fell from the rods.)

(13) Store your colloidal silver in a “dark colored” glass container, until needed!
(It has an very long shelf life.)

It does not have to be shaken before use, because the silver is microscopic, and will not settle to the bottom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stilllearning For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,237 Times in 2,331 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedofl33t View Post
For hangovers... fatty foods work the best. Fat eliminates higher alcohols, one reason you feel lousy is those lingering in your system. Curing a hangover is not all about hydration.

OK... you asked for home remedies and not just herbal solutions so...
Nothing better than a big ole greasy fried protein and cheese biscuit with fried hash browns.

Bojangles

Oh yeah, Ibuprofen. Stock up. It is truly a miracle drug, IMO. It reduces pain and inflammation. Inflammation reduction allows the body to heal itself, such as sinus infections, swollen lymph nodes, aches and pains associated with joints and tendons.

Last edited by kajunman1; 12-06-2008 at 12:23 AM..
Old 12-07-2008, 05:48 PM
CHEERS :p

Thanked 1,845 Times in 766 Posts

for upset tummy ........ glass of hot water with 3 table spoons of vinager and a teaspoon of honey. ( got that info from my mom )

Unable to sleep at night due to coughing.......put something dark (old shirt or dish towel)over your pillow not sure if it was all in our heads but it worked on many oiccasions. (got that from my grandmother)
Old 12-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Wanderer

This one if you have a cold coming on. Get salsa and Tabasco mix it so hot it makes you sweat and eat as normal with chips and drink a glass of OJ with it. Sounds bad but to date it hasn't failed me.

D.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:39 AM

Aloe vera does wonders for burns and other skin ailments. Alas it doesn't grow in Sweden. My mother has always had this growing around the house for decades and it really does help.

I have heard that lavender essential oil is also very good for burns and wounds but have never tried it myself.

My grandfather who is 93 and lived almost his whole life on a farm advises a 'bread poultice' for infections. You get some old bread (not mouldy) pour boiling water on it and put it on the wound as hot as you can handle it. Leave on until cold. It is supposed to help draw out the pus and other nasty stuff. I have tried this but I have no scientific way of determining if it works. I told my doctor about it once when I had ab bad cat bite and she said it sounded like witchcraft.

The first time I ever had a hangover I tried the greasy fry up but it just made me feel steadily worse for a couple of hours until I barfed. I hardly ever get hangovers because I drink lots of water between the alcohol. If I do feel seedy I have dry toast and juice. But I agree that everyone else swears by fatty food. Yuck.

Colds: a rum toddy is ideal. I make this with grated fresh ginger, lemon juice, honey, boiling water and a splash of rum.