Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I add a Poll to my Poll thread Fillzee Site Information & Suggestion Box 1 08-02-2013 05:25 PM
Yet another poll - Ricekila Firearms General Discussion 3 02-06-2013 09:38 AM
Poll Tax hazmat British Isles and ROI 3 02-05-2013 07:19 AM
POLL: San Antonio Theater Shooting & Poll WhyNot Polls and Surveys 7 12-31-2012 09:43 PM
Enable at least 60 poll options for maximum poll options. mzoltan14 Site Information & Suggestion Box 7 12-24-2012 04:33 PM
Poll: The Great Religious Discussion Subforum Religious Poll of Religion Will_Power Religious Discussion 133 10-08-2012 07:42 AM
Poll Gate: CNN Caught Red Handed Deceiving Public with Skewed GOP Poll Sweeper Political News and Discussion 41 06-22-2011 05:37 PM
Poll: What Should A Kid Know by the Age of 12? SnoMan Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 68 02-23-2011 10:54 AM

Old 08-31-2010, 02:45 PM
grease monkey

Thanked 2,359 Times in 1,002 Posts
Default Poll: When is the S going to HTF? And secondly, how?

Advertise Here

I'm still kind of a noob, so I'm not sure how to put together an actual "poll" yet, but I was wondering what the general consensus was on our actual time line for destruction. What particular events do you all see heading our way, as individuals, and when do you think we will have to worry? Just curious as to how many will say 2012, WW3, that sort of thing. In other words, what are you prepping for? Thoughts?
Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Old Soldier

Thanked 10,173 Times in 3,397 Posts

Around the end of November, when the lame duck loser Democrats in congress try to ram thru Obammy's agenda to "fundamentally change" America.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rice paddy daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2010, 03:25 PM
Sam Adams was right....

Thanked 21,399 Times in 6,001 Posts

Currency crisis..
Old 08-31-2010, 07:01 PM

Read more post less
Old 09-02-2010, 01:00 PM
grease monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupesurvivalist View Post
Read more post less
I'm interested in each persons unique take on survival. Everyone seems to be prepping for something different, and I want to see how many people are sharing common fears. I read plenty
Old 09-05-2010, 10:14 AM
American fearmaker

Thanked 27,643 Times in 8,875 Posts

Things will start off in the fall of 2012 when Obama is either refused as the Democrats' flag bearer or when he loses to a Republican challenger. If the Democrats replace Obama with Hitlery Clinton as the party's choice to their presidential candidate riots, looting and rapes will begin then. If he loses his re-election bid to a Republican candidate the riots, looting and raping begins then. Either way the fall of 2012 will be pivotal for internal security in our country. If things get bad enough in the larger cities, some systems could shut down which could effect the food supplies in the smaller cities and rural areas.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:06 AM

That's kind of like attempting to predict the second coming of Christ. Who knows? We just know that it is coming and should be putting as many of the ducks in a row as we can while there is still time.

As for when should we get worried? Well, I'd say several years ago would have been a great place to start, but there is no time like the present.

As for specifics to what you need to be prepared for, it really doesn't matter what the particular catalyst is that sends it all south, the bottom line that you need to ask yourself is: do you have enough food to see you through at least a year? Do you have the means to replenish that food in the next growing season? Do you have water or safe access to it? Can you protect what you have and your family? Do you have friends or family that would be willing to buy into this thought process (it'll be easier w/ other like minded individuals than being the lone ranger)?

As for being a 'Noob', I would think that the only dumb question on a board like this, is the one that doesn't get asked and that could cost you or your loved ones their lives.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RQH For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Prepared Firebird

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,811 Posts

I don't think anyone actually can give an accurate prediction on this. There are just too many variable elements.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LadyFenix For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Retrofitted Sheeple

Thanked 77,320 Times in 20,665 Posts

A large-scale natural disaster such as a meteor impact, global pandemic or a hypercane causes wide-spread disruption of services cascading into a total breakdown of law and order. That, or zombie invasion.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Live Secret, Live Happy

Thanked 38,189 Times in 10,558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh97526 View Post
I'm still kind of a noob, so I'm not sure how to put together an actual "poll" yet, but I was wondering what the general consensus was on our actual time line for destruction. What particular events do you all see heading our way, as individuals, and when do you think we will have to worry? Just curious as to how many will say 2012, WW3, that sort of thing. In other words, what are you prepping for? Thoughts?
I started out expecting a sudden crash of the economy. Now I believe the Federal Reserve will continue to buy up all of the bad mortgages, stock in failed companies, even whole other countries.

This means no crash, just a decade long and humiliating slide into a one world government.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:50 AM
aka pop

Prep like it's going down tomorrow and pray it never does
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gen. Ben Raines For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2010, 12:14 PM
Keeping it Simple

Thanked 1,603 Times in 633 Posts

Like most I think there will be an economic collapse, a double dip recession. Food, fuel, life support products will increase. This will cause people to spend even less, causing more job loss. More job loss, more welfare. Then when the government can no longer support the cost, they will cut back on the welfare and social security. This will lead to a dominoe effect by causing more crime and riots.

The riots will increase and it will almost immediately become a race war, similar races will band together and take advantage. While the race wars increase, the southern border will be a free for all, with illegals streaming across. This will cause a military conflict maybe a war, this will increase the race wars.

The US will be busy with problems and the rest of the world will see this and there are a hundred possibilities for what could happen. Iran-Israel, North-South Korea, Africa-everywhere, Pakistan-India, Nicaragua-South America. Who knows all the devious plans of China and Russia to do who knows what.

Thats what I think is the biggest possibility could happen. So planning for food shortages, economic collapse and security of my family and stuff, thats where I am. I would also say the economy is falling apart now, so it could be anytime for it all to crumble.

Hopefully not though, I also plan for everything to work out, 401K, IRA and saving for kids to go to college. Just to cover the bases.

Who knows maybe Aliens will land and cause a Zombie outbreak/Pandemic. But actually prepping is the same for that. Food, Water, Security.

I read alot of Jerry D. Youngs stories and they are usually set-up with current events and make sense how things fall apar, even though they are fiction.
The Following User Says Thank You to caveman8541 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 07:39 PM
grease monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen. Ben Raines View Post
Prep like it's going down tomorrow and pray it never does
^^^^This is great, with your permission it could even be my new credo!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:42 PM
grease monkey

Wow. Economic collapse is mentioned in nearly every post. I figured as much.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Adventurer

Thanked 26,557 Times in 10,485 Posts

I think that the doller will be replaced as the international medium of exchange causing all improted goods to rise due to increas in exchange fees coupled with natural disasters russia isnt exporting wheat this year or next wich will hur alot of the world and drive up food prices at home then there is the current pollitical climate here the spening ourselves into an early grave at an unprecidented rate when the govt cannot pay there monthly welfare checks you can bet there will be a dark cloud spreading out of the cities destroying aything in there path also we have yellowstone just waiting to go off would be a global catastrophy and many local regional possible disasters
Old 09-06-2010, 07:59 PM

check out www.realityzone.com for thier take , also I would look up " the Creature from Jekyl Island - a second look at the federal resurve" on youtube look for the hour long vid.
it will open youre eyes as to the real facts on the fed. and its inception in 1910
Old 09-06-2010, 08:42 PM

I foresee a major war developing in Eastern Europe and Central Asia with the Russian Federation being a primary aggressor. Russia has been extending it's reach in these regions every year. It is hard to forget that Russia steam-rolled Georgia (A NATO backed and trained nation) in just a few weeks.

Russia has a decaying population. It can not remain an international power much longer. It's power will wax, while Germany and Poland continue to rise in prominence.

I also foresee a drop in credit rating for the United States sometime in the near future. The treasury crisis in China is worth watching.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herd Sniper View Post
Things will start off in the fall of 2012 when Obama is either refused as the Democrats' flag bearer or when he loses to a Republican challenger. If the Democrats replace Obama with Hitlery Clinton as the party's choice to their presidential candidate riots, looting and rapes will begin then. If he loses his re-election bid to a Republican candidate the riots, looting and raping begins then. Either way the fall of 2012 will be pivotal for internal security in our country. If things get bad enough in the larger cities, some systems could shut down which could effect the food supplies in the smaller cities and rural areas.
So you're saying sometime around 12/21/12 could be the end...I'd never thought of it that way, but you could be on to something.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Thanked 10,553 Times in 4,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCherokeeXJ View Post
I foresee a major war developing in Eastern Europe and Central Asia with the Russian Federation being a primary aggressor. Russia has been extending it's reach in these regions every year. It is hard to forget that Russia steam-rolled Georgia (A NATO backed and trained nation) in just a few weeks.

Russia has a decaying population. It can not remain an international power much longer. It's power will wax, while Germany and Poland continue to rise in prominence.

I also foresee a drop in credit rating for the United States sometime in the near future. The treasury crisis in China is worth watching.
dont forget their crop failures this year. I heard on TV crop production is off something like 33% this year. Cpould add fuel to the fire.
The Following User Says Thank You to 556X45 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2010, 08:55 PM
We The People

2012 - 2014 , Class warfare? just what I think.