Conflicting Floyd autopsy results - Page 3 - Survivalist Forum
Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

General Discussion Anything non-survival related - news and information, current events, general chit-chat stuff.

Advertise Here

Old 06-03-2020, 02:18 PM
M.R. Ducks

Thanked 23,365 Times in 10,344 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWwolf View Post
Overcharging looks like a recipe for a hung jury.
Hung juries are pretty rare. I would guess they are more rare in cases in which the crime was recorded on multiple video cameras.
Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2020, 02:51 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,040 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibShooter View Post
Hung juries are pretty rare. I would guess they are more rare in cases in which the crime was recorded on multiple video cameras.
Don't bet on it.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:09 PM
Survivor

Thanked 6,333 Times in 2,641 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
I don't need either autopsy report to know what killed him. With my own 2 eyes I saw a man kneel on his neck until he died. Resisting? They cop was so casual about it, he put his hands in his pockets.
Ever see a "magic" show. People see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear. Remember the quote about never ruin a good story with the truth?
The Following User Says Thank You to goat daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 03:13 PM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 21,427 Times in 4,583 Posts

Quote:
But we are still missing the most critical body cam video that explains how and why Floyd ended up pinned to the ground.

We are being manipulated, just like the public was manipulated with Rodney King. Most people only saw the short edited version of the Rodney King incident. The full video used in court told a very different story, which is why the cops were exonerated of criminal charges. I only saw it one time and that was on Fox.

I want to see all the videos related to the George Floyd incident.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HomeDefense For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 04:50 PM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeDefense View Post
But we are still missing the most critical body cam video that explains how and why Floyd ended up pinned to the ground.
We may be missing it, but the prosecutor who decided to up the charges against Chauvin has most likely seen it.

Either way, I'm not sure it matters how the officer's knee ended up on Floyd's neck. The officer had nine full minutes to reconsider his options while he was slowly killing his victim.

Here's the pertinent part of the Minnesota statute defining murder in the second degree.

Quote:
Subd. 2.Unintentional murders. Whoever does either of the following is guilty of unintentional murder in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 40 years:

(2) causes the death of a human being without intent to effect the death of any person, while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict bodily harm upon the victim...
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/609.19
Old 06-03-2020, 06:25 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,266 Times in 869 Posts

The prosecutor doesn't mean whole lot. They are getting pressure big time.

That said, if the body cams were in favor of the cops, it seems unlikely the department wouldn't have leaked it.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,226 Times in 1,614 Posts

Quote:
We may be missing it, but the prosecutor who decided to up the charges against Chauvin has most likely seen it.

Either way, I'm not sure it matters how the officer's knee ended up on Floyd's neck. The officer had nine full minutes to reconsider his options while he was slowly killing his victim.

Here's the pertinent part of the Minnesota statute defining murder in the second degree.
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/609.19
Quote:
2.Unintentional murders. Whoever does either of the following is guilty of unintentional murder in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 40 years:

(2) causes the death of a human being without intent to effect the death of any person, while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict bodily harm upon the victim...

They weren't trying to do any of those things.

He died from a heart attack that started before they had him on the ground.
It's all documented.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:47 PM
Retired Army

Thanked 18,778 Times in 4,109 Posts

Hard to tell what's what. Typically a coroner is unbiased, but in a corrupt democrat run big city with a liability case hanging over it's head... who knows.

You almost know that a paid expert for the family is going to have favorable findings to help their case...

Whatever the actual cause... it's clear that there was no need for the method used in the arrest, or the long delay just sitting (kneeling) there doing nothing. There should be no difficulty in getting a guilty verdict. The officers involved were clearly inept, incompetent, and liable. There was no need to have had him on the ground. Through him in the damn squad car, (where they HAD him) and take him in.

Again... a democrat run big city **** hole. My guess is that close to half the department is either corrupt arrogant power tripping cops, or inept, incompetent, untrained idiots... with the good ones walking on glass every day worried about the criminals, their idiot co-workers, and their chain of command.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:58 PM
Gypsy in the Midwest

Thanked 3,048 Times in 871 Posts

As a person with any logic knows, if you can't breathe... You CAN NOT TALK.

Did they intentionally kill the guy? Probably not. They probably thought he was having a manic drug episode or a panic attack. Did they contribute to his death? Yeah. They refused to check his pulse after bystanders requested it. It was obvious the guy was unconscious. They should have checked him and began CPR.

However this is hindsight. In the moment, the cops just had a physical altercation with a suspect. They were restraining him. They had an uncontrolled crowd yelling at them as they were in a dangerous position on a street where they could get run over. Adrenaline was pumping.

It was a series of unfortunate events and not a racially motivated attack. This was not a random encounter. Police were called to the scene. They didn't target this man because of his skin color.

The two autopsy reports ... How can one not mention the drugs? That should be a clear test not a opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to MonaMomma For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 07:44 PM
M.R. Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snyper708 View Post
He died from a heart attack that started before they had him on the ground.
It's all documented.
So... is a knee to the neck a new kind of CPR?

If Floyd was in the middle of a heart attack, then he didn’t need to be restrained... he needed to be helped. These pitiful attempts to justify Chauvin’s horrid action are ridiculous.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:17 PM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 81,964 Times in 23,789 Posts

They upgraded his charges to 2nd degree murder and also charged the other 3 officers.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:27 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,266 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaMomma View Post

Did they intentionally kill the guy? Probably not. They probably thought he was having a manic drug episode or a panic attack. Did they contribute to his death? Yeah. They refused to check his pulse after bystanders requested it. It was obvious the guy was unconscious. They should have checked him and began CPR.

However this is hindsight. In the moment, the cops just had a physical altercation with a suspect. They were restraining him. They had an uncontrolled crowd yelling at them as they were in a dangerous position on a street where they could get run over. Adrenaline was pumping.

It was a series of unfortunate events and not a racially motivated attack. This was not a random encounter. Police were called to the scene. They didn't target this man because of his skin color.

The two autopsy reports ... How can one not mention the drugs? That should be a clear test not a opinion.
Most people don't speak literally. When someone says they can't breathe, they typically mean they are short of breath and feel like they can't breathe.

I doubt it was race related, either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devron For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 10:30 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,645 Times in 2,144 Posts

Meth, Fentanyl, covid19.

Hyper tension, what else?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MOA1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOA1 View Post
Meth, Fentanyl, covid19.

Hyper tension, what else?
No wonder he couldn't breathe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 11:15 PM
living in the desert

Have you read the official ME autopsy report?
Read the toxicology report available online.

Fentanyl, Meth, THC, caffeine, smoking, hypertension, heart disease and to top it off.....
Asymptomatic Covid-19....

HENNEPIN COUNTY
MEDICAL EXAMINER’S OFFICE
AUTOPSY REPORT

https://www.hennepin.us/-/media/henn...3700_Floyd.pdf
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 3Jfamily For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2020, 03:02 AM
Wile E Coyote, Genius.

Thanked 81,964 Times in 23,789 Posts

Simply putting 400-600 lbs of force on a person's torso can cause a person to suffocate.

The energy needed to push that force for each inhalation exceeds the energy derived from that bit of air obtained.

Each breath will get weaker until death. Nothing shows up on autopsy. It's still murder.
With the added insult of mocking the guy as he dies, saying if you can speak, you are still breathing fine, or some nonsense to that effect.
The Following User Says Thank You to Justme11 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2020, 04:54 AM
SBs Resident Non Prepper

Thanked 10,811 Times in 4,140 Posts

Quote:
There is a correlation. All murders are homicide. Some homicides are murder. There is no question in my mind that the homicide in question is murder, regardless of whether the murderer is eventually convicted.

Crushing a man’s neck with your knee is eminently dangerous. Doing it over nine long minutes while the man thrashes and begs for six minutes and lies limp for a full three minutes shows no regard for human life. Doing it calmly with your hand in your pocket evinces a depraved mind.

Murder.

The others will be charged eventually.
What evidence that his neck was “crushed” ? Are you exaggerating?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goodwrench708 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2020, 05:05 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Jun 1st 2020 3:35PM
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — An autopsy commissioned for George Floyd’s family found that he died of asphyxiation due to neck and back compression when a Minneapolis police officer held his knee on Floyd's neck for several minutes and ignored his cries of distress, the family’s attorneys said Monday.
The autopsy by a doctor who also examined Eric Garner’s body found the compression cut off blood to Floyd’s brain, and weight on his back made it hard to breathe, attorney Ben Crump said at a news conference.
The family’s autopsy differs from the official autopsy as described in a criminal complaint against the officer. That autopsy included the effects of being restrained, along with underlying health issues and potential intoxicants in Floyd’s system, but also said it found nothing “to support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation.”

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...sure/24501577/

Will they take 2 out of 3 autopsies? If they go for 4 autopsies it may be a 2 to 2 tie and they will need to go for 3 out of 5.
I'm sure this has been addressed, but... They are not in conflict. The initial report listed the cause of death as underlaying health conditions, positional asphyxiation (worded as being restrained by the police), and possible intoxicants. The positional asphyxiation was compounded by Floyd's chest being compressed is clearly seen in reverse angle photos. I'm still trying to figure out the mechanics of the neck compression. Dip****s knee was on the back portion of the neck where there is nothing but muscle and nerves. How do you cut off blood or O2 supply when you compress muscle not arteries, veins, or trachea? His other knee was clearly seen resting on Floyd's upper back, also compounding the chest compression and exacerbating the positional asphyxiation.
Either way Floyd died and he didn't need to. The officers are clearly at fault for his death.
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2020, 06:07 AM
Just looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaMomma View Post
I believe that is a misconception. Anyone who's ever had the wind knocked out of them can get a few words out, but good luck trying ton take a breath. If his chest was compressed he could not inhale for more oxygen.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:24 AM
Dog Lives Matter

Thanked 21,427 Times in 4,583 Posts

Quote:

But the prosecutor did not immediately charge 2nd Degree Murder. That tells me the video raises questions. We all can see that manslaughter charges should have been filed, but the type of murder charge is critical. Keith Ellison is saying it will takes months just to build the case, so it doesn't look like a slam-dunk. The charges against the other three cops are loose at best and were only applied due to political pressure.

After living in Minneapolis for 25 years, I can say without a doubt that the political forces were immediately biased against the cops, regardless of the situation. They have a left-wing wacko governor, and a wackier left-wing mayor.

The Dems have always supported the rights of criminals over that of law enforcement. That is why the rioting problem erupted. As far as I can tell, that only happened in liberal cities.

For the record, my dad was a cop in Chicago when I was a kid. He didn't do it very long because he couldn't handle all the graft and corruption. I tend to favor law enforcement even though I have had negative experiences myself when cops overreacted.

The primary problem is not the behavior of the cops. The problem is the behavior of the minorities that drive the response from the cops.